Current Affairs 4 September 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 3 September 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 3, 2020
- Which Indian company has become the world’s largest solar power generation asset owner in terms of operating, under construction and awarded solar projects, according to the latest rankings of global solar companies by Mercom Capital?
A) Adani Green Energy Ltd
B) JSW Energy Ltd
C) Azure Power Ltd
D) Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd
- Which state launched ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’ campaign which is given the shape of a mass movement?
A) Madhya Pradesh
C) Himachal Pradesh
- Which state got the approval for setting up their own crop insurance scheme in September 2020?
C) Andhra Pradesh
- Which Indian institute collaborated with scientists from the University of Pardubice, Czech Republic, for working towards developing indigenous algorithms that can protect the Nation’s digital data from cyber-attacks by advanced computers?
A) IIT Guwahati
B) IIT Indore
C) IIT Tirupati
D) IIT Ropar
- Who has been chosen as the head of the committee by IRDAI to work on index-linked products following requests for permission from life insurers to introduce such products?
A) Rohit Sharma
B) Dinesh Pant
C) Anuj Garg
D) Dipesh Lohia
- Federal Bank joined hands with which of the following to offer convenient and affordable options of Federal Bank Debit Cards through latter’s POS terminals?
A) Payline Data
C) Innoviti Payment Solutions
D) Stripe Payments Gateway
- Who has been given additional charge as the chairman and managing director of oil company Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.?
A) A Misra
B) P Shivalkar
C) S Nandekar
D) K Padmakar
- Who has been given one year extension as the Chairman and Managing Director of India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO)?
A) LC Goyal
B) MK Mehta
C) DP Gupta
D) GK Rewri
- Olympic ski champion Viktoria Rebensburg who retired from the sport in September 2020 hails from which country?
- Who has authored the book titked “The Commonwealth of Cricket: A Lifelong Love Affair with the Most Subtle and Sophisticated Game Known to Humankind”?
A) Bipan Chandra
B) Yogendra Yadav
C) Ramachandra Guha
D) Madhav Gadgil
- Who authored his first children’s book titled ‘The One and Only Sparkella’?
A) Steve Kazee
B) Channing Tatum
C) Jonah Hill
D) Dave Franco
- What is the theme of World Coconut Day 2020?
A) Coconut for Wellness
B) Coconut for Family Wellness
C) Invest in Coconut to save the world
D) Coconut for Good Health, Wealth & Wellnessis
- Uttarakhand has been paired with which state under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme to promote national integration through mutual understanding?
C) Himachal Pradesh
- What is the rank of India in the Global Innovation Index compiled by World Intellectual Property Index (WIPO)?
- Where did the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Defence Ministers’ Meet held in September 2020?
- How many apps did the Indian Government banned in September 2020 including PUBG, Livik, WeChat Work, etc.
- In September 2020, the cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved Mission Karmayogi – National Programme for ______________Capacity Building?
A) Indian Engineering Services
B) National Defence Academy
C) Combined Defence Services
D) Civil Services
- Which institutes’ incubated startup Chakr Innovation launched ‘Chakr DeCoV’ to decontaminate N95 masks?
A) IIT Roorkee
B) IIT Delhi
C) IIT Kanpur
D) IIT Madras
- Who has become the first Indian to win a singles main draw match at a Grand Slam in the last seven years?
A) Sumit Nagal
B) Prajnesh Gunneswaran
C) Saketh Myneni
D) Rohan Bopanna
- Who has been appointed as the first ever Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Railways by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet?
A) Ashwani Lohani
B) Mukesh Arora
C) Sudhir Bhargava
D) VK Yadav
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Indian tennis player Sumit Nagal hails from which state?
A) Tamil Nadu
D) Uttar Pradesh
- Where is the HQ of India Trade Promotion Organisation situated?
B) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited situated?
- Where is the HQ of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority located?