Current Affairs 5 October 2017 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 4 October 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 4, 2017
- With which of the following countries did the union cabinet apprised of a MoU on technical cooperation in the rail sector, including development of tilting trains that tilt on approaching a bend?
- For proper management of water resources in the North-Eastern region, the union cabinet has set up a high level committee. Who is the head of this committee?
A) Rajiv Kumar
B) Bibek Debroy
C) Anurag Sharma
D) V. K. Saraswat
- To examine subcategorisation of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) under Article 340 of the Constitution, President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed a five-member Commission. Who is the head of this commission?
A) Ramesh Chand
B) V. K. Saraswat
C) G Rohini
D) Radha Mohan Singh
- At which of the following places is the foundation stone laid for the first ever Industrial Training Institute for the Dibyangans, a one of a kind institute in the country?
- At which of the following places is the first community toilet for transgenders being inaugurated which is also first of its kind in the country?
- In order to protect the rich aquatic biodiversity of river Ganga from escalating anthropogenic pressures, where is a Turtle sanctuary going to be developed?
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has sanctioned how much amount to the Andhra Pradesh Government for its Rural Water supply, Road and Bridge projects?
A) Rs. 273.06 crore
B) Rs. 265.08 crore
C) Rs. 282.06 crore
D) Rs. 276.08 crore
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) along with which bank will co-finance a USD 100-million loan for India to improve power transmission network and expand the use of solar and wind energy?
A) World Bank
B) International Monetary Fund
C) New Development Bank
D) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- What is the current Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) as announced by the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India on 4th October, 2017?
- What is the Gross Value Added (GVA) for India for the years 2017-18 as announced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 4th October, 2017?
- According to Fitch Ratings, what is India’s economic growth forecast for the current fiscal (2017-18)?
- According to market research firm Gartner, Global IT spending in India is projected to hit how much in 2018?
A) $3.7 trillion
B) $3.3 trillion
C) $3.9 trillion
D) $3.5 trillion
- Who has become the first Indian to win a European Racing Championship which was held at Imola, Italy in October, 2017?
A) Narain Karthikeyan
B) Mahaveer Raghunathan
C) Karun Chandhok
D) Bhuvan Vinayak
- Who among the following created history after bagging India’s first ever gold medal at Wushu World Championships that was held in Russia this year?
A) Manisha Laur
B) Kaman Bharadwaaj
C) Reena Sardana
D) Pooja Kadian
- Who among the following has been appointed as the new chairman of India’s largest bank, State Bank of India?
A) Raveesh Kumar
B) Rajnish Bhalla
C) Rajnish Kumar
D) Raveesh Bhalla
- Soumya Swaminathan has been appointed as one of the deputy directors general of the World Health Organization (WHO). Who is the another one?
A) Kerina Wilson
B) Margaret Smith
C) Emma Jones
D) Jane Ellison
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the year 2017 has been conferred for which of the following?
A) For the design and synthesis of molecular machines
B) For developing cryo-electron microscopy for the high-resolution structure determination of biomolecules in solution
C) For mechanistic studies of DNA repair
D) For the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy
- Who among the following has been conferred Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the year 2017?
A) Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson
B) Bernard L. Feringa, Joachim Frank and William E. Moerner
C) Jacques Dubochet, J. Fraser Stoddart and Richard Henderson
D) J. Fraser Stoddart, Joachim Frank and Bernard L. Feringa