Current Affairs 6 February 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 5 February 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 5, 2018
- Which state has, in association with UNICEF, launched massive door to door campaign DASTAK to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis Syndrome and Japanise Encephalitis disease in the state?
D) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: In Uttar Pradesh, State government in association with UNICEF launched massive door to door campaign DASTAK to eradicate deadly Acute Encephalitis Syndrome and Japanise Encephalitis disease in the state. The war cry of DASTAK is Darwaja khatkhatao, AES aur JE ko bhagao.
- According to the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR), who among the given has become the highest ranked Indian golfer of the world?
A) Shubhankar Sharma
B) Gaganjeet Bhullar
C) Anirban Lahiri
D) Shiv Kapur
Explanation: Young golfer Shubhankar Sharma was elevated from 193 to 72, a gain of 121 spots, in the world rankings making him the highest-ranked Indian in the world.
- Renowned _______actress Lakshmi Devi Kanakala passed away recently.
Explanation: Veteran Telugu actor Lakshmi Devi Kanakala has passed away at the age of 78. She was reportedly suffering from multiple age-related illnesses for the last two months.
- Which country’s tea cultivation has recently received international trademark after 154 years of beginning tea cultivation in the country?
B) Sri Lanka
Explanation: Nepalese tea has finally received an international trademark, over a century-and-a-half after cultivation began in the country. Nepali tea producers used to export tea with the respective companies’ names or logos. Now, the tea will be sold in the international market with a common logo, which represents the national identity.
- The First ever International Kala Mela was inaugurated in which city on February 4, 2018?
A) New Delhi
Explanation: The First ever International Kala Mela was inaugurated by the Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi. The International Kala Mela has been organised by the Lalit Kala Akademi in partnership with IGNCA of the Ministry of Culture. More than 800 artists from across the world are taking part in the Festival.
- Who has won the 2018 Indian Open (Badminton) in men’s singles category?
A) Anders Antonsen
B) Srikanth Kidambi
C) Chou Tien Chen
D) Shi Yuqi
Explanation: Shi Yuqi became the first Chinese player to win the India Open men’s singles badminton title, defeating Chou Tien Chen in the final.
- How much amount has been sanctioned by the government of India to control pollution level of River Sal in Goa?
A) Rs 61.7 crore
B) Rs 60.8 crore
C) Rs 62.9 crore
D) Rs 63.6 crore
Explanation: The central government has approved a project to abate pollution of river Sal at Navelim in Goa at an estimated cost of Rs 61.7 crore. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) had in 2015 identified the river stretch at Navelim as one of the 302 polluted river stretches across the country based on bio-chemical oxygen demand (BOD) levels – a key indicator of organic pollution showing water quality.
- Who among the following has won the Presidential election of Cyprus recently?
A) Charis Georgiades
B) Nicos Anastasiades
C) Harris Georgiades
D) Stavros Malas
Explanation: Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades won reelection to second five-year term Sunday, promising to continue economic recovery and the island’s reunification efforts.
- The 9 days Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF) 2018 began in Mumbai on February 3. What is the theme of KGAF 2018?
A) Mumbai Crow
B) Dancing Girl
C) Electric Horse
D) Hara Ghoda
Explanation: Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF 2018) began in Mumbai, Maharashtra with the theme “Hara Ghoda”. The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is an annual festival in the Kala Ghoda area of South Mumbai, India. The Festival is organised by the Kala Ghoda Association and curated by teams handling each of the 12 sections of the festival.
- Which team has won the 8th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2018 (B Division)?
A) Steel Plant Sports Board
B) Kerala Hockey
C) Central Reserve Police Force
D) Bengaluru Hockey Association
Explanation: Central Reserve Police Force were crowned as champions of the 8th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2018 (B Division) after they defeated Kerala Hockey by a margin of 7-0 in the final match of the competition.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) of India?
A) A.B. Akolkar
B) Anurag Srivastava
C) S.P. Singh Parihar
D) Shashi Kant Sharma
Explanation: The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) of India is a statutory organisation under the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC). It was established in 1974 under the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974. CPCB is also entrusted with the powers and functions under the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981.
- Name the President of UNICEF
A) Tore Hattrem
B) Henrietta H. Fore
C) Maurice Pate
D) Anthony Lake
Explanation: Headquarter-New York, United States
- The DDA Siri Fort Sport Complex is located in which city?
D) New Delhi
Explanation: The India Open is held annually at the Siri Fort Sports Complex, New Delhi.
- What is the capital of Cyprus?
- The 8th Hockey India Senior Women National Championship 2018 (B Division) took place in which city?
5 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: February 6, 2018”
I have problem with your app
Your app consuming very very high data
Just in one syn it uses 3mb
I had tick auto sync then it uses 36mb since midnight
N u gave just one update
It’s very bad for n for aspirants
For now I am going to uninstall your app.
Look at bankersadda app it uses just 7mb n I solved all quizes even read their current affairs to.
If u upgrade ur app then plz inform me.
This is serious problem for you if you want
Sure, we will inform you.
Thank u mam