Current Affairs 6 February 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 5 February 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of February 5, 2020
- India’s biggest rural technical festival ‘Antahpragnya 2020’ kicks off in which city?
Explanation: M Prashanthi, District Collector of Nirmal, inaugurated National Level India’s Biggest Rural Technical Festival titled ‘Antahpragnya 2020’ in the state of Telangana at Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies-Basar (RGUKT-Basar), the temple city, 180 km from Hyderabad, the state capital of Telangana.
- The Department of Science and Technology has launched the SATHI initiative.What does “A” stands for in SATHI?
Explanation: The Department of Science and Technology has launched the SATHI initiative, Sophisticated Analytical & Technical Help Institutes to address need for building strong science & technology infrastructure.
- Which company commenced first direct daily flight operations from Bhubaneswar to Varanasi under the Centre’s RCS-UDAN scheme.?
Explanation: Boosting the regional aerial connectivity in India, Alliance Air, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Air India on Friday commenced first direct daily flight operations from Bhubaneswar to Varanasi under the Centre’s RCS-UDAN scheme.
- How many people trained under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana from 2016-20?
Explanation: Under the Skill India Mission, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is implementing a flagship scheme called the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2016-20 with an objective to provide skilling to one crore youth under Short Term Training (STT) courses and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) across the country in a four years period i.e. 2016-2020.
- Who will head the committee that has been set up to monitor novel coronavirus outbreak constituted?
D)Narendra Singh Tomar
Explanation: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has set up a task force under the chairmanship of Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) Dr Harsh Vardhan, to monitor the recent novel Coronavirus (nCoV) outbreak.
- Which state of India recently declared Coronavirus as state calamity?
Explanation: After three people from the state tested positive for coronavirus, the Government of Kerala declared the lethal disease caused by the novel coronavirus as a “state calamity”.
- According to the latest Reserve Bank data,According to the latest Reserve Bank data,bank credit grew by how much percent in the fortnite ended Jan 17?
Explanation: According to the latest Reserve Bank data,credit and deposits grew 7.21 per cent and 9.51 per cent to Rs 100.05 trillion and Rs 131.26 trillion, respectively, in the fortnight ended January 17.
- Which platform launched its Android POS device for merchant partners across and small businesses in India.?
Explanation: Paytm launched its Android POS device for merchant partners across and small businesses in India. This device helps merchants to accept payments through Paytm Wallet, all UPI-based apps, debit and credit cards, as well as cash.
- As per Fitch Ratings,India GDP to grow at how much percent in FY21?
Explanation: Fitch Ratings said India is expected to clock a GDP growth of 5.6 per cent in the next financial year FY21 and GDP growth of 4.6% for this financial year FY20, lower than the projection made by the government’s Economic Survey, as Budget 2020 has not “materially altered” its view on the country’s growth outlook.
- Recently which e commerce company shut down its business of Jabong?
Explanation: Flipkart has shut down the operations of Jabong, in a move to fully empower its premium fashion marketplace Myntra.
- Which Company partnered with Eastern Railways to set up kiosk at Sealdah railway station in Kolkata?
Explanation: After a successful pilot in Mumbai, Amazon India announced to expand pickup points to Kolkata, with launching a kiosk at the Sealdah railway station that would act as a convenient and easy pickup point for customers.
- Recently Albin Kurti has been appointed new PM of which country?
Explanation: Kosovo’s parliament has approved Albin Kurti as the 4th new prime minister of the country on 3rd February 2020.
- Who will be Goodwill Ambassador of Indian team at Tokyo Olympics?
Explanation: The Indian Olympic Association has invited BCCI President Sourav Ganguly to become the Goodwill Ambassador of the Indian contingent at the Tokyo Olympic game from July 24 to August 9.
- Which Film bags Golden conch award for best documentary film at 16th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival?
B)Babenco: Tell Me When I Die
C)Once upon a time in Hollywood
Explanation: The prestigious Golden Conch Award for Best Documentary Film has been awarded to Babenco: Tell Me When I Die, directed by Barbara Paz at the 16th edition of Mumbai International Film Festival have been presented at the closing ceremony, held in Nehru Centre Auditorium, Worli, Mumbai.
- In order to check fall in pig population in India, the government unveiled a new indigenously developed vaccine for controlling classical swine fever developed by Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI).It is situated in which state?
Explanation: In order to check fall in pig population in India, the government unveiled a new indigenously developed vaccine for controlling classical swine fever, which is an highly contagious fatal pig disease.
- Recently former president Daniel Arap Moi of which country passed away?
Explanation: Kenya’s former and longest-reigning president, Daniel arap Moi, has died at the age of 95.
- Recently M Narayana Reddy passed away,He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former MP, senior advocate, and one of the protagonists of the separate Telangana movement in 1969, M. Narayana Reddy passed away.
- Recently which country celebrated it’s 72nd anniversary of independence from Britain?
Explanation: Srilanka celebrated it’s 72nd anniversary of independence from Britain was celebrated in the capital, Colombo on 4th February , with military parades and air shows.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- When was Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana launched?
- Where is the HQ of Paytm?
- What is the capital of Kosovo?