Current Affairs 6 March 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 5 March 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 5, 2020
- Which place was recently named as Uttarakhand Summer capital?
Explanation: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat named Gairsain in Chamoli district as the state “summer capital”.
- The 35th edition of AAHAR – the Food and Hospitality fair began in which city?
Explanation: The 35th edition of AAHAR – the Food and Hospitality fair began in New Delhi. This five-day-long fair is being organized by India Trade Promotion Organisation, ITPO, with support of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Processed Food Products Development Authority and several apex industry associations.
- In which city, workshop on “Increasing Water Use Efficiency in Industries” was inaugurated?
Explanation: U.P. Singh, the Secretary, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (WR, RD & GR) inaugurated the workshop on “Increasing Water Use Efficiency in Industries” in New Delhi .The workshop was organized by the National Water Mission (NWM) in Delhi as a part of the “HarKaamDeshkeNaam” initiative.
- How much amount was sanctioned by government for Kaziranga National Park under Project Tiger scheme?
Explanation: Financial assistance to the tune of Rs 1.51 crore has been sanctioned to Kaziranga National Park during the financial years 2018-19 and 2019-2020 under Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA).
- Which becomes first country to make public transport free?
Explanation: Luxembourg becomes the first country to offer a free public transport system as the government tries to reduce particularly dense car traffic. The country abolished the fares for trains, trams and buses.
- How much amount was infused by nabard in rural banking system in 2019-20?
A)₹1.46 lakh crore
B)₹2.60 lakh crore
C)₹1.50 lakh crore
D)₹2.00 lakh crore
Explanation: National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development said it has infused Rs 1.46 lakh crore in the rural banking system during the current fiscal.
- Recently the Union Cabinet approved amalgamation of how many public sector banks to create large four state-owned lenders?
Explanation: The Union Cabinet approved amalgamation of 10 public sector banks, including Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank and OBC, to create large four state-owned lenders with effect from April 1 announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- According to a report released by US-based think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI),what is the position of India in trade-related illicit financial flow globally?
Explanation: According to a report released by US-based think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI), India has the third-highest trade-related illicit financial flow among over 135 countries with a whopping USD 83.5 billion escaping the government’s tax net owing to trade-based money laundering tactics.
- Recently The Badminton World Federation (BWF) shifted the Asia Championships 2020 from Wuhan, China to which city?
Explanation: The Badminton World Federation (BWF) shifted the Asia Championships 2020 from Wuhan, China, the epicentre of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, to Manila, in the Philippines.
- The 68th All India Police Athletic Championship-2019 began at which state?
Explanation: 68th All India Police Athletic Championship-2019 began at Bhanu in Panchkula District of Haryana.
- Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara have been awarded the 2020 Pritzker Architecture Prize for “consistent service to humanity as evidenced by a body of built work”.They belong to which country?
Explanation: Irish architects Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara have been awarded the 2020 Pritzker Architecture Prize for “consistent service to humanity as evidenced by a body of built work” and for leading the way for women in a male-dominated profession.
- Who was appointed as the new Finance Secretary of FinMin?
C)Ajay Bhushan Pandey
Explanation: Government of India appointed the current Revenue Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey as the new Finance Secretary. Pandey replaces current Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar.
- Recently PM Oleksiy Honcharuk of which country resigned?
Explanation: Ukraine’s Parliament, the Verkhovna Rada, has accepted the resignation of the country’s Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk after six months in the position.
- Recently who became new chairman of BCCI’s selection committee?
Explanation: Former India spinner Sunil Joshi was named chairman of the national selection panel by the BCCI’s Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC), which also picked ex-pacer Harvinder Singh in the five-member group.
- Which Company gets NCLT approval to acquire Jaypee Infratech?
Explanation: State-owned NBCC received National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) approval to takeover debt-laden Jaypee Infratech, restoring hopes of homebuyers finally getting their promised flats in next four years.
- Which Company acquires UberEats India for $206 million?
Explanation: Ride-hailing major Uber sold its food delivery business in India to food-tech giant Zomato for $206 million.
- As per government, Chandrayaan-3 will be launched in first half of which year?
Explanation: Chandrayaan-3 will be launched in the first half of 2021, Union Minister Jitendra Singh said, indicating that there could be a slight delay in the launch of the third moon mission.
- Recently which Former United Nations chief Passed away in Lima?
A)Javier Perez de Cuellar
Explanation: Former United Nations chief Javier Perez de Cuellar passed away in Lima, the capital of his native country Peru. He was 100.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Luxembourg?
- Where is the HQ of NABARD?