Current Affairs 7 August 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 6 August 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of August 6, 2020
- How much amount has been released by the central government as the second installment of the COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package to 22 States and Union Territories in August 2020?
A) Rs. 450 cr
B) Rs. 740 cr
C) Rs. 660 cr
D) Rs. 890 cr
- How much worth of line of credit has been extended to the Government of Maldives for the expansion of fishing facilities?
A) $ 18 million
B) $ 13 million
C) $ 27 million
D) $ 22 million
- In August 2020, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar launched DD channel of which state through video conferencing?
A) Madhya Pradesh
- Which state government launched Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendupatta Sangrahak Samajik Suraksha Yojana for tendu leaves collectors?
B) Madhya Pradesh
- Which state government launched “Parivar Pehchan Patras” to enable the citizens to get the benefits of various central and state government schemes?
- Andhra Pradesh government signed a pact with Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL), ITC and which other FMCG company for women’s economic empowerment?
A) Procter and Gamble
B) Varun Beverages Ltd.
C) Nestle India Ltd.
D) Marico Ltd.
- Where is country’s first ICMR approved mobile RTPCR Covid lab inaugurated?
- At which of the following railway stations a unique COVID prevention kiosk named ‘UV Baggage Bath’ has been inaugurated?
A) Bengaluru Railway Station
B) Chennai Railway Station
C) Nasik Railway Station
D) Patna Railway Station
- Which division of the Central Railway has designed a health assistant robot ‘Rakshak’ who can remotely communicate between doctor and patient?
- How much amount has been contributed by India to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund?
A) $14.70 million
B) $15.92 million
C) $15.46 million
D) $14.74 million
- A new species of pygmy grasshopper, discovered after 116 years by a group of foreign researchers in Sri Lanka has been named after whom?
A) Vikas Sardana
B) Param Nanda
C) Rumesh Singhal
D) Dhaneesh Bhaskar
- Which country conducted test flight of unarmed Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile in August 2020?
- According to a new study by The University of Toronto-led, published in Nature Climate Change, by which year Polar Bears may become extinct?
- What is the reverse repo rate for the second quarter of the fiscal year 2020-21?
- What is the number of Jan Dhan accounts being opened by July 2020?
A) 41.50 cr
B) 40.09 cr
C) 40.05 cr
D) 41.40 cr
- As per the changes in the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Rules, 1957, how many years have been given to the listed entities to meet criteria of minimum public shareholding of 25 per cent?
- Which institute has developed a remote patient monitoring solutions for COVID-19, first-of-its-kind in the market?
A) IIT Delhi
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Patna
D) IIT mandi
- Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad has signed MoU with which state government to work on post-COVID economic recovery?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Andhra Pradesh
- Who has been given extension as the chairman of markets regulator SEBI for 18 months?
A) Manoj Ahuja
B) Govinda Rajulu Chintala
C) Ajay Tyagi
D) Mohammad Mustafa
- Who has been appointed as the Director General of News Services Division of All India Radio (AIR News)?
A) Jaideep Bhatnagar
B) Keerat Garg
C) Arsh Vyas
D) Sunil Gupta
- Who has been appointed as the next Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir after Girish Chandra Murmu resigned from the position?
A) Shivraj Sanghi
B) Manoj Sinha
C) Vikram Kumar
D) Vivek Koushal
- Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) situated where has bagged 1st prize in Smart India Hackathon, SIH, 2020?
- Who is the author of the book titled ‘RAW: A History of India’s Covert Operations’?
A) Yatish Yadav
B) Vikrant Saini
C) Siddharth Jain
D) Saurabh Shukla
- Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar who passed away recently was the former Chief Minister of which state?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) Madhya Pradesh
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of All India Radio (AIR) situated?
B) New Delhi
- What is the currency of Maldives?