Current Affairs 7 January 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 6 January 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 6, 2020
- How much amount of line of credit was extended to Cuba for financing solar parks?
A)USD 75 million
B)USD 80 million
C)USD 90 million
D)USD 85 million
Explanation: India has extended a line of credit of USD 75 million (over Rs 500 crore) to Cuba for financing solar parks. An agreement was signed between Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) and Banco Exterior De Cuba.
- Which state started the third edition of its ‘Sukanya’ project?
Explanation: Kolkata Police started the third edition of its ‘Sukanya’ project to provide girls studying in schools and colleges in the city with self-defence training.
- Which state becomes 1st state to shortlist migrants for citizenship?
Explanation: Uttar Pradesh is all set to become the first state in the country to start the exercise of shortlisting migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan, eligible for citizenship under the new Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA).
- according to a 2019 report by the Forest Survey of India (FSI),how muchpercent of forest cover in India is prone to fires?
Explanation: About 21.40% of forest cover in India is prone to fires according to a 2019 report by the Forest Survey of India (FSI). FSI carried out a study along forest fire points identified across the country from 2004 to 2017. Forests in the north-eastern region and central India was found to be the most vulnerable.
- Which Insurance Company tied up with RevFin to offer life cover?
A)United India Insurance
B)New India Assurance
Explanation: India’s leading Digital lending startup, RevFin has joined hands with PNB MetLife India Insurance Company to offer protection to the RevFin’s customers by bundling life insurance cover on their loans. This insurance covers loans up to ₹3 lakh for a period of 3 years
- Who won a gold medal in 10m air pistol/rifle event at the 63rd National Shooting Championship?
Explanation: Asian Games gold-medallist Saurabh Chaudhary won a gold medal in 10m air pistol/rifle event at the 63rd National Shooting Championship.
- Recently Irfan Pathan announced his retirement from which sports?
Explanation: India’s 2007 T-20 World Cup hero, Irfan Pathan announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Who has been appointed as the new Chairperson & Managing Director of Shipping Corporation of India?
Explanation: Shipping Corporation of India has appointed Harjeet Kaur Joshi as the new Chairperson & Managing Director of the company. She will also hold the additional charge of the post of Director (Finance) of the company for a period of 3 months.
- Recently PR Seshadri resigned from his post.He was the former CEO and MD of which bank?
A)Karur Vysya Bank
C)Kotak Mahindra Bank
Explanation: Karur Vysya Bank’s chief executive officer (CEO) and managing director (MD) P R Seshadri has resigned, citing personal reasons. The bank has informed stock exchanges that Seshadri will continue to function till the end of this financial year 2019-20.
- Who has won in the ‘Global Child Prodigy Awards 2020’ in New Delhi.?
Explanation: Dubai-based Indian girl, Sucheta Satish, who can sing in 120 languages, has won in the ‘Global Child Prodigy Awards 2020’ in New Delhi.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Karur Vysya Bank?
- Where is the HQ of Shipping Corporation of India?
- What is the capital of Cuba?