Current Affairs 1 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 1 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 11, 2020
- Researchers from which institute have launched a telemedicine system ‘iMediX’ to help patients receive assistance from doctors without having to go to hospitals or clinics?
A) IIT Varanasi
B) IIT Bombay
C) IIT Kanpur
D) IIT Kharagpur
- According to the latest data released by the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), which of the following ranked first in case of crimes against women?
- Who won the 10m air pistol event in the fifth edition of the International Online Shooting Championship (IOSC)?
A) Ramita Seth
B) Babita Kumari
C) Yashaswini Singh Deswal
D) Preeti Singh Chauhan
- AV Shetty who passed away was related to which profession?
- M. Gopalakrishnan, former chairman-cum-managing director of which bank passed away in October 2020?
A) Canara Bank
B) Indian Bank
C) Bank of India
D) Indian Overseas Bank
- When is World Animal Day observed?
A) October 4
B) October 3
C) October 5
D) October 2
- What is the theme of National Wildlife Week 2020?
A) Learning, loving and living with wildlife
B) RoaR (Roar and Revive) – Exploring Human-Animal Relationships
C) Youth in Conservation
D) Life below Water: for People and Planet’
- Who among the following was honoured with Global ‘Covid Crusader Award-2020’ by the Indo American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) in the Indian Bureaucrats Category?
A) Balbir Singh Thind
B) Suraj Rai Chaudhary
C) Iqbal Singh Chahal
D) Ronak Parekh
- Who has been conferred with the lifetime achievement award by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC)?
A) Ratan Tata
B) Mukesh Ambani
C) Azim Premji
D) N. R. Narayana Murthy
- Who has authored the coffee table book titled ‘Discovering the Heritage of Assam’?
A) Anuja Chauhan
B) Padampani Bora
C) Arundhati Roy
D) Preeti Sheenoy
- Which state government has launched “Aatmanirbhar” programme to support agriculture and animal husbandry?
D) Tamil Nadu
- Rasheed Masood who passed away recently had been the union minister of which of the following ministries?
A) Corporate Affairs
B) Health and Family Welfare
C) Housing and Urban Affairs
D) External Affairs
- Mishti Mukherjee who passed away was related to which profession?
- Anantkumar Surendraray Dave, former acting chief justice of which state’s high court passed away in October 2020?
B) Haryana and Chandigarh
- Mulayam Singh Yadav who passed away recently was related to which profession?
- What is the theme of World Habitat Day 2020?
A) Housing For All – A Better Urban Future
B) Municipal Solid Waste Management
C) Frontier Technologies as an Innovative Tool to Transform Waste to Wealth
D) Housing Policies: Affordable Housing
- Dalle Khursani (red-hot cherry pepper) of which state got geographical indication (GI) tag?
- Which airport has become the Airports Authority of India’s (AAI) first entirely solar-powered airport in the country with the commissioning of 500KWp ground-mounted solar power plant at a cost of Rs 2.8 crore?
A) Madurai Airport
B) Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport
C) Puducherry airport
D) Chennai International Airport
- Which state/UT has launched a mega anti-air pollution campaign “Yudh Pradushan ke Virudh”?
C) Tamil Nadu
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has partnered with which of the following food delivery platforms to onboard street food vendors on its e-commerce platform under the Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNibhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme?
B) Uber Eats
D) Food Panda
- India successfully flight-tested the SMART from Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha. What does R stand for in SMART?
- Under the chairmanship of which country the 12th BRICS Summit will be held in November 2020?
A) South Africa