Current Affairs 7 September 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 6 September 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of September 6, 2019
- Recently the government cleared how much amount for Akash missile project of Indian Air Force?
Explanation: In a bid to boost to Air Force’s capability to take down enemy fighter aircraft, the government has cleared the procurement of six squadrons of the indigenous Akash air defence missile systems worth Rs 5,000 crore to be deployed on the borders with Pakistan and China.
- Which state government has come forward to set up replicas of all 51 shaktipeeths situated in the Indian subcontinent?
Explanation: The Tripura government has come forward to set up replicas of all 51 shaktipeeths situated in the Indian subcontinent.
- Which Airport has now got India’s tallest ATC tower at a height of 102 metres?
A)Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport
B)Sardar Vallabhbhai International Airport
Explanation: Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport has now got India’s tallest ATC tower at a height of 102 metres, to enhance the safety and boost the efficiency of air transport management services.
- The 1st National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics inaugurated in which city/UT?
Explanation: Central Bureau of Investigation’s 1st National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics inaugurated in New Delhi.
- Which state government has signed MoU with Delaware State of America for sister state?
Explanation: Gujarat Government and Delaware State of America have signed MoU -Memorandum of Understanding for sister state. MoU was signed in Gandhinagar.
- Recently Which Indian cricketer launched campaign to save rhinos in India?
Explanation: India vice-captain Rohit Sharma is launching Rohit4Rhinos campaign, in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet, to help build awareness for the need to conserve the Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros or the Indian Rhino.
- A joint India- New Development Bank workshop was recently held in which city/UT?
Explanation: A joint India- New Development Bank workshop was held in New Delhi. The workshop was organized to enhance the NDB’s engagement with the India’s private and public sector. The NDB is aiming to support the Indian public and private sector for infrastructure development through innovative means such as loans in local currency, guarantees, credit enhancement and equity investments.
- Recently Indian Army successfully summited Mount Leo Pargyil (6773M).Where is Mount Leo Pargyil situated?
D)Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: An Indian Army team successfully summited Mount Leo Pargyil (6773M) on 20th Aug 2019 after an extremely challenging climb in harsh weather, hoisting the National Flag atop Mt Leo Pargyil. The expedition was flagged in by Lieutenant General PM Bali, AVSM, VSM, COS, Western Command on 31 Aug 2019 at Jhakri near Rampur Bushar.
- How much amount of line of credit was announced by PM Modi for the development of Russia’s Far East region?
A)USD 1 billion
B)USD 2 billion
C)USD 2.5 billion
D)USD 3 billion
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the ‘Act Far East’ policy for Russia and announced that India will give a line of credit worth USD 1 billion for the development of Russia’s Far East region.
- Recently Nicki Minaj announced her retirement.She was related to which field?
Explanation: After making you groove on her hit numbers for years, singer and rapper Nicki Minaj has announced retirement from the music industry.
- How much amount of loan will be given by New Development Bank to Andhra Pradesh for Social Infrastructure Project?
Explanation: New Development Bank (NDB) will provide a loan of Rs 6,000 crore to Andhra Pradesh for various social infrastructure projects in the state.
- Which bank has launched “DigiSmart” credit card?
D)Standard Chartered Bank
Explanation: Standard Chartered Bank has launched “DigiSmart” credit card focused primarily on the ever-growing segment of millennials. This credit card will offer instant discounts and benefits across key e-commerce categories of travel, entertainment, fashion, groceries and food delivery around the year.
- According to government data,FDI into India grew by How much percent during Q1 FY 20?
Explanation: Foreign direct investment into India grew by 28 per cent to $16.33 billion during the first quarter of the current fiscal, according to government data.
- Recently ECL Finance signed a co-origination agreement with which bank to increase access to credit for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs)?
Explanation: ECL Finance, a subsidiary of Edelweiss Financial Services, State Bank of India (SBI) have signed a co-origination agreement to increase access to credit for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- At How much percent India’s GDP will grow in FY 2020 as per CRISIL.
Explanation: Rating agency CRISIL has revised India’s fiscal year 2020 GDP growth forecast to 6.3%. CRISIL has lowered the GDP growth forecast from 6.9% to 6.3%. The growth was revised as the first-quarter growth rate of India reduced to a 25-quarter low of 5%.
- What is the rank of India in gold reserves according to World Gold Council?
Explanation: India has pipped the Netherlands to move into the list of top ten countries in terms of total gold reserves. India ranks 10th.
- Recently who won a bronze medal in the World Martial Arts Membership Jiu-Jitsu?
Explanation: India’s young prodigy Anupama Swain has won a bronze medal in the World Martial Arts Membership Jiu-Jitsu. With this, she has qualified for 2022 Asian Games.
- Who became the first cricketer from Afghanistan to score a Test century?
Explanation: All-rounder Rahmat Shah became the first cricketer from Afghanistan to score a Test century. The right-handed batsman smashed 102 runs in 187 balls before returning to the pavilion.
- Which state won IT Excellence Award for SATARK application?
Explanation: Odisha State Disaster Management Authority’s (OSDMA) SATARK (System for Assessing, Tracking and Alerting Disaster Risk Information based on Dynamic Risk Knowledge) app won the IT Excellence Award-2019 for its innovative conception in the field of disaster management
- Who was conferred the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by the Vatican for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony?
Explanation: Nobel Laureate from Bangladesh Professor Muhammad Yunus was conferred the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by the Vatican for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony. The award is a recognition for distinguished work by an individual for promoting peace and dialogue among people.
- Recently Kiran Nagarkar passed away.She was related to which field?
Explanation: Novelist Kiran Nagarkar passed away at the age of 77 after a brief illness. He suffered a massive brain haemorrhage.
- Recently President Robert Mugabe passed away.He was the former president of which country?
Explanation: Zimbabwe’s former president Robert Mugabe has passed away aged 95. Mugabe died in Singapore, where he has often received medical treatment in recent years.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the capital of Zimbabwe?
- What is the capital of Afghanistan?
- Where is the HQ of CRISIL?