Current Affairs 8 April 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 7 April 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 7, 2021
- Recently Manoj Sinha inaugurated Tulip festival at Asia Largest Tulip garden in which city?
Explanation: To celebrate the arrival of spring and to promote tourism in Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha, in presence of Sh. Arif Mohammed Khan, Governor of Kerala, inaugurated the Tulip festival at Asia’s largest Tulip Garden located at the foothills of the Zabarwan on the banks of world-famous Dal Lake in Srinagar.
- RBI projected India real GDP growth for 2021-22 at how much percent in its monetary policy?
Explanation: RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das said that the monetary policy committee voted unanimously to leave the repo rate and reverse repo rate unchanged at 4 per cent and 3.3.5 per cent,respectively.
- RBI fixed average base rate at what percent for NBFCs and MFIs?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank has said the average base rate that’s charged by NBFC-MFIs from borrowers for the next quarter will be 7.81 per cent.
- Recently Maruti Suzuki team up with which bank to offer auto finance deals for customers?
A) RBL Bank
B) Karnataka Bank
C) Axis Bank
D) ICICI Bank
Explanation: Maruti Suzuki announced that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Karnataka Bank to offer auto finance deals to customers.
- How much amount will be invested by Dutch Development Bank FMO in Green Growth Equity Fund?
A) $155 million
B) $150 million
C) $140 million
D) $137 million
Explanation: Dutch development bank FMO will invest $137 million in Green Growth Equity Fund (GGEF), managed by EverSource Capital, that invests in India’ green energy space such as clean energy, transportation, resource efficiency and energy services.
- Which bank has recently became co promoter of Max Life Insurance Company?
A) Axis Bank
B) IDBI bAnk
C) HDFC Bank
D) RBL Bank
Explanation: Axis Bank Ltd said that it has become co-promoters of Max Life Insurance Company Limited,after completion of the acquisition of 12.99% stake collectively by the Axis Entities in the company.
- As per chemicals and fertilisers minister DV Gowda ,India. Chemical industry to reach how much billion by 2025?
A) 304 billion
B) 400 billion
C) 350 billion
D) 405 billion
Explanation: Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister D V Sadananda Gowda has said that Indian chemicals industry is expected to reach USD 304 billion by 2025.
- Recently IMF has upgraded its growth projection for India to what percent for FY 2021-22?
Explanation: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has upgraded its growth projection for India to 12.5 per cent for the Financial Year 2021-22.
- At what percent India economy will grow in FY 2021-22 as per Swiss UBS Security?
Explanation: Despite a massive spike in the pandemic caseload, Swiss brokerage UBS sees no repeat of a nationwide/statewide lockdown and expects only a minimal economic impact of the second wave that may lead to a 20-30 bps reduction in GDP.
- Who became the first SriLankan player to smash 6 sixes in an over?
A) Ramesh mendis
B) Mahela Jayavardene
C) Angelo Mathews
D) Thisera Perera
Explanation: Left-handed batsman Thisara Perera became the first Sri Lankan to hit six sixes in an over in any form of professional cricket during a domestic tournament.
- Who has been appointed the mission director of Atal Innovation Mission?
A) Chintan Vaishnav
B) Rananan Ramathan
C) Somnath Banerjee
D) Aneesh Shah
Explanation: Noted socio-technologist Dr Chintan Vaishnav has been appointed the mission director of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), the government’s flagship initiative under NITI Aayog.
- Recently Vjosa Osmani has been sworn as 7th new President of which country?
Explanation: Kosovo’s new president took office, becoming the country’s youngest head of state and one of the youngest in the world.
- Who has been selected for 30th GD Birla Award for scientific research?
A) Aveek Sarkar
B) Manish Sharma
C) Reshma Sen
D) Suman Chakraborty
Explanation: Professor Suman Chakraborty has been selected for the 30th GD Birla Award for Scientific Research for his outstanding contribution to engineering science and its applications in developing technologies for affordable healthcare.
- Which organisation developed advanced Chaff technology to safeguard naval ships from missile attack?
Explanation: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed an Advanced Chaff Technology to safeguard naval ships against enemy missile attack.
- Recently Mehli Irani passed away.He was related to the which sports?
Explanation: Former Mumbai cricketer and “Kanga League” giant Mehli Irani has passed away in Dubai. He was 90.
- Recently Balachandran passed away.He was an actor of which cinema?
Explanation: Balachandran, screenwriter, filmmaker, dramatist and actor, passed away at his home in Vaikom. He was 69.
- Who is the author of book “Manohar Parrikar-Brilliant Mind,Simple Life”?
A) Sahil Joshi
B) Neha Singh
C) Jeet Myleni
D) Nitin Gokhale
Explanation: new book titled ‘Manohar Parrikar: Brilliant Mind, Simple Life’ authored by Nitin Gokhalewas released. The book is published by Bloomsbury.
- Who is the author of book My Mother My Hero?
A) Achyuta Sananta
D) R Gopalakrishnan
Explanation: The book ‘My Mother-My Hero’ on an ideal mother is written by eminent educationist and social worker Dr. Achyuta Samanta has been released by Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Health Day 2021?
A) Health-A mantra to success
B) Support nurses and midwives
C) Universal Health coverage
D) Building a Fairer and Healthier World for everyone
Explanation: Every year on April 7 is observed as World Health Day, to spread awareness among people regarding the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- When is International Day of Conscience observed ?
A) April 8
B) April 6
C) April 5
D) April 7
Explanation: The International Day of Conscience is a global day of awareness celebrated on April 5,commemorating the importance of the human conscience.
- What is the theme of this year’s International Day of Mine Awareness and Assustance in Mine Action 2021?
A) Perserverance Partnership and Progress
B) United Nations Promotes Sustainable Development Goals
C) Safe Ground Safe Home
D) Advancing Peace Development and Protection
Explanation: The United Nations’ International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action is observed on April 4 each year.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the capital of Slovakia?
- What is the capital of World Trade Organisation?
- What is the capital of Kosovo?
- Where is the HQ of International Monetary Fund?
- When was World Bank founded?