Current Affairs 8 July 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 7 July 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 7, 2020
- To honour which former Prime Minister of India will the Govt. of India soon release a commemorative stamp?
A) PV Narasimha Rao
B) Inder Kumar Gujral
C) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
D) Vishwanath Pratap Singh
- Which radio network launched an initiative called ‘Happiness Partner’ to help SMEs amid COVID-19?
A) Radio Mirchi
B) Fever Network
D) Gyan Mani
- How much amount has been sanctioned by the central govt. under Atmanirbhar programme to improve infrastructure for the Food Parks in Karnataka?
A) Rs 4,000 cr
B) Rs 6,000 cr
C) Rs 2,000 cr
D) Rs 5,000 cr
- In which language did the All India Radio broadcasted its first ever news magazine programme recently in July?
- As a part of which of the following a new category of award called ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ has been announced?
A) Swachhta Diwas
B) Swachh Survekshan
C) Swachhata Pakhwada
D) Swachh Paryavaran
- Private players will begin rail passenger services in India by ?
A) July 2023
B) April 2022
C) July 2022
D) April 2023
- Which state govt. launched a campaign for the immunization of the children of migrant workers?
A) Uttra Pradesh
- In July 2020, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath launched the ambitious piped water project ”Har Ghar Jal” for which region in the state?
- Which state govt. announced a monthly stipend of Rs 3,000 to newly enrolled junior lawyers for next two years?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Madhya Pradesh
- The Union Govt. launched a scheme called Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro Food Enterprises (PM FME) in July 2020. What is the outlay for the scheme?
A) Rs 30,000 cr
B) Rs 40,000 cr
C) Rs 10,000 cr
D) Rs 20,000 cr
- To check the spread of Coronavirus, which state/UT govt. is going to set up a 24*7 ‘COVID-19 War Room’?
A) Tamil Nadu
C) Uttar Pradesh
- Which country is set to become the first in the world to phase-out of coal as an energy source?
D) The Netherlands
- Which Indian institute broken into the global top 50 Executive MBA (EMBA) Rankings by QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) this year taking 36th position?
A) MDI Gurgaon
B) XLRI Xavier School of Management
C) IIM Indore
D) IIM Banglore
- Which of the following small finance banks in July 2020 launched a facility of opening account through video KYC?
A) Equitas Small Finance Bank Limited
B) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
C) Janalakshmi Small Finance Bank
D) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank
- According to Bridge To India’s India Renewable Energy CEO survey report 2020, how much renewable energy capacity will India add in the next 5 years?
A) 50 GW
B) 60 GW
C) 90 GW
D) 80 GW
- Which MNC has partnered with the Maharashtra govt. to support their fight against Covid-19?
B) Ernst & Young
- Which Indian Tennis Player won the PSD Bank Nord Open trophy in Germany, becoming the 1st India to do so?
A) Vijay Amritraj
B) Sumit Nagal
C) Mahesh Bhupathi
D) Somdev Devvarman
- Who has been appointed as the Director General of Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI)?
A) Rajan Mathews
B) Ajay Puri
C) Ravinder Takkar
D) SP Kochhar
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Lakshmi Vilas Bank?
A) Manikant Sharma
B) Puran Kumar Singh
C) Hariharan K
D) Rashid Khan
- Rajkiran Rai of which public sector bank has been given 2-years extension as the MD and CEO of the bank?
A) Union Bank of India
B) Allahabad Bank
C) Punjab and Sind Bank
D) Indian Bank
- Mars Orbiter Mission of India imaged which of the closest and biggest moon of Mars in July 2020?
- Beauty Queen Ibidun Ighodalo of which country passed away in July this year?
- What was the profession of Bishnu Prasad Kumar who passed away recently?
D) Sports Person
- Who is the author of the book ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’?
A) Nirmala Sitharaman
B) Urjit Patel
C) Raghuram Rajan
D) Gita Gopinath
- Who is the author of the book “Getting Competitive: A Practitioner’s Guide for India”?
A) PC Kaul
B) RN Narayana
C) RC Bhargava
D) BK Verma
- Dr Hari Krishen Kaul, the former chief librarian of which organization passed away in July 2020?
A) India Immigrant Centre
B) Indian Innovation Corporation
C) Indian Institute of Corporates
D) India International Centre
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Equitas Small Finance Bank located?
- Where is the HQ of Capgemini located?
- Where is the HQ of Cellular Operators Association of India situated?
A) New Delhi
- Where is the HQ of Maruti Suzuki located?
C) New Delhi
- PV Narasimha Rao was the which Prime Minister if India?
- Where is the India International Centre situated?
A) New Delhi