Current Affairs 8 October 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 7 October 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of October 7, 2020
- India will work towards the operationalization of the Sittwe port in which country?
B) Sri Lanka
- Which of the following in collaboration with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has launched an exclusive co-branded credit card for Company Secretaries (CS)?
A) IIFL Holdings Limited
B) Eko India Financial Services
D) BOB Financial Solutions Ltd
- Where did the meeting of Foreign Ministers of Quad group countries-Japan, the United States, Australia and India held in October 2020?
A) New York
- Which state government has decided to start ‘Digital Seva Setu’ programme in all the 14,000 gram panchayats in the state?
- Which state has launched DISHTAVO (Digital Integrated System for Holistic Teaching And Virtual Orientations), an online learning platform involving YouTube channel, which is first of its kind initiative in the country?
B) West Bengal
C) Jammu and Kashmir
- Which country’s Prime Minister Omar al Razzaz has resigned from the post?
- Indian with which country will launch the constellation of maritime surveillance satellites for the Indian Ocean Region that will be able to trace illegal spillage of oil by ships?
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) will be commissioning India’s largest HPC-AI supercomputer ‘PARAM Siddhi – AI’ with which company?
B) Arm Holdings
- Cricketer Najeeb Tarakai who passed away belonged to which country?
- Naseeb Pathan who passed away was related to which profession?
- In which state will the country’s first two Organic Spices Seed parks, supported by NABARD, be set up?
- Which company has launched a ‘Make Small Strong’ initiative in India to help small and local businesses across the country?
- Which bank has become the first in the country to launch a debit card facility for the customers who avail Loans Against Securities (LAS) from the bank?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Axis Bank
C) Bank of India
D) ICICI Bank
- How much amount will the Asian Development Bank (ADB) invest in Avaada Energy Private Limited (AEPL) to help the company to scale up photovoltaic solar energy generation capacity in India?
A) $15 million
B) $12 million
C) $10 million
D) $18 million
- Which railway station of Uttar Pradesh has been renamed as Siddharthnagar railway station?
A) Naugarh railway station
B) Shamli railway station
C) Baghpat railway station
D) Mandhana railway station
- Whom of the following did not won the 2020 Nobel Prize for physics?
A) Roger Penrose
B) Reinhard Genzel
C) Michel Mayor
D) Andrea Ghez
- When is Origin Space, a private company in China planning to send out the world’s first asteroid mining robot into space?
A) December 2020
B) March 2021
C) November 2020
D) April 2021
- According to Wood Mackenzie, when will (expected) India overtake China as the world’s largest cooking gas LPG residential sector market?
- Which seventh offshore patrol vessel of the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was unveiled at the Kattupalli port in October 2020?
- Who has been appointed as the new chairman of State Bank of India (SBI)?
A) Suneet Sethi
B) Rajnish Kumar
C) Dinesh Kumar Khara
D) Raj Kumar Bhalla
- Who has been appointed as the Director General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS)?
A) M A Ganapathy
B) Rakesh Asthana
C) F G Swami
D) Bhupesh Gavaskar
- Which expressway will have India’s 1st 5 ‘animal bridges’ for safe passage of wildlife?