Current Affairs 9 April 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 April 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 8, 2019
- The biannual Army Commanders Conference began in which state/UT?
Explanation: The biannual Army Commanders Conference began in New Delhi.
- India signed agreement with which country to increase defence cooperation?
Explanation: India and Sri Lanka have agreed to increase cooperation in security and defence spheres in several areas, including regional security, curbing drug smuggling and human trafficking.
- The 16th edition of the joint military exercise “AFRICAN LION 2019” was held between Morocco and which country?
Explanation: The 16th edition of the joint military exercise between Morocco and USA named “African Lion 2019” was held from March 16 to April 7, 2019 in Southern Morocco in the cities of Agadir, Tifnit, Tan-Tan, Tata, and Ben Guerir near Marrakech.
- Who stepped down as US homeland Secretary?
Explanation: Kirstjen Nielsen,the US Secretary of homeland Security, is stepping down,
- Recently, Amazon india launched which seller funding programme. Name it?
Explanation: Amazon india has joined hands with Mumbai-based crowdfunding company Ketto to help its sellers raise funding for business expansion, product development and even for medical assistance. Under this initiative, Amazon will solicit interest from sellers to apply to Ketto for participation in the program.
- Who won men’s singles title at the Malaysia Open Badminton Tournament in Kuala Lumpur?
Explanation: Veteran Lin dan won the all-Chinese final to take the men’s singles title at the Malaysia Open Badminton Tournament in Kuala Lumpur.
- Who took oath as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court?
A)Dhananjaya S Singh
Explanation: Justice Pradeep Nandrajog took oath as the new Chief Justice of Bombay High Court.
- Which company has been name as the “Global Slag Company of the Year”?
Explanation: Tata Steel has been name as the “Global Slag Company of the Year” at the 14th Global Slag Conference and Exhibition 2019.
- Recently, Sydney Brenner passed away. He was related to which field?
Explanation: Sydney Brenner, the Nobel laureate whose studies on the roundworm Caenorhabditis elegans led to seminal discoveries in genetics and developmental biology passed away in Singapore. He was 92.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Health Day?
A)Universal World and Health
B) Universal Coverage:Everyone,Everywhere
C)Health for All
Explanation: Every year,the World Health Day is celebrated on April 7.the theme is “Universal Coverage:Everyone,Everywhere”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Morocco?
- Where is the HQ of Amazon?