Current Affairs 9 April 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 April 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 8, 2021
- Recently Osman Salem Mohammed arrived in India.He is the foreign minister of which country?
Explanation: Foreign Minister of Eritrea Osman Saleh Mohammed arrived in New Delhi for an official visit to India. He will meet External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar.
- Recently Ladakh administration ,Leh Hill Council and Solar Energy Corporation of India signed MoU to set up how much megawatt of solar project in Leh district?
Explanation: In a step towards making Ladakh a carbon-neutral zone a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding was signed.
- Inion Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched Madhukranti portal and honey corners of NAFED in which city?
Explanation: Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched Madhukranti portal and Honey Corners of National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation, NAFED in New Delhi.
- Recently Cabinet approved Production Linked Incentive scheme for Acs and led lights worth how much amount?
A) ₹7954 cr
B) ₹3456 cr
C) ₹5688 cr
D) ₹6238 cr
Explanation: The Union Cabinet has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme- ‘National Programme on High Efficiency Solar PV Modules’ for achieving manufacturing capacity of Giga Watt with an outlay of Rs 4,500 crore.
- Recently Union Minister Arjun Munda and Dr Harsh Vardhan launched tribal health collaboration.Name it?
Explanation: Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda launched ‘Anamaya’- the Tribal Health Collaborative through video conference.
- How many percentage of loans were sanctioned to women entrepreneurs underPMMY Scheme?
Explanation: More than 28 crore 68 lakh loans for an amount of nearly 15 lakh crore rupees have been sanctioned since launch of Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana.
- Recently RBI enhanced the loan limit from ₹50 lakh to how much amount per borrower against the pledge/hypothecation of agricultural produce backed by NWRs/(e-NWRs) issued by warehouses registered and regulated by WDRA?
A) ₹70 lakh
B) ₹60 lakh
C) ₹80 lakh
D) ₹75 lakh
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has enhanced the loan limit from Rs 50 lakh to Rs 75 lakh per borrower against the pledge/hypothecation of agricultural produce backed by NWRs/(e-NWRs) issued by warehouses registered and regulated by WDRA.
- Which organisation has decided to publish financial inclusion index?
C) NITI AAYOG
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has decided to publish the Financial Inclusion Index. To begin with, The FI index will be published annually in July for the previous financial year.
- How much amount had been sanctioned under MUDRA Yojana by banks in past 6 years?
A) ₹12 lakh cr
B) ₹20 lakh cr
C) ₹10 lakh cr
D) ₹15 lakh cr
Explanation: The Finance Ministry said banks and financial institutions have sanctioned ₹14.96 lakh crore to over 28.68 crore beneficiaries in the last six years.
- Which small finance bank has tied up with Axis Security to offer its customers investment services?
A) Jana SFB
B) Ujjivan SFB
C) Fino Payments Bank
D) Paytm Payment Bank
Explanation: Jana Small Finance Bank announced its tie-up with Axis Securities, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axis Bank, to offer its customers the perfect blend of banking and investing through 3-in-1 account.
- Recently RBI has doubled the maximum balance that a single account can hold in a payments bank to how much amount at end of day?
A) ₹3 lakh
B) ₹2.5 lakh
C) ₹1 lakh
D) ₹2 lakh
Explanation: The Reserve Bank has made it clear that it will now make it mandatory for prepaid payments instruments issuers (such as mobile wallets) to adopt interoperability, a move that will let their customers transact with others after doing a full-KYC (know your customer).
- Which telecom company has launched an integrated platform that enables enterprises to leverage power of Internet of things and gear up for connected things?
D) Vodafone Idea
Explanation: Telecom operator Bharti Airtel announced an integrated platform that enables enterprises to leverage the power of the Internet of Things (IoT) and gear up for the emerging era of ‘connected things’.
- Recently which organisation modified framework for limited purpose clearing corporation of mutual funds?
Explanation: Markets regulator Sebi tweaked its framework pertaining to contribution of asset management companies (AMCs) for setting up of limited purpose clearing corporation by mutual funds.
- As per government data,how much of wheat have been procuredwith MSP value of more than ₹690 cr during current Rabi season?
A) 349000 tonne
B) 450000 tonne
C) 400000 tonne
D) 355000 tonne
Explanation: Government said that over three lakh 49 thousand tonnes of Wheat have been procured with MSP value of more than Rs 690 Crore during the current Rabi marketing season so far.
- How much percent of retail inflation is predicted by RBI for first half of current fiscal?
Explanation: Reserve Bank said it expects retail inflation at 5.2 per cent in the first half of the current fiscal and revised downwards the target to 5 per cent for the quarter ended March.
- Who has been appointed as WHO Special Envoy for the Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator(ACT-Accelerator)?
A) Tedros Adhonom
B) Juke Anderson
C) Klaus Scheb
D) Carl Bildt
Explanation: Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), appointed Carl Bildt as WHO Special Envoy for the Access to COVID-19 Tools Accelerator(ACT-Accelerator).
- Who was appointed as new revenue secretary of India?
A) Tarun Bajaj
B) Amitabh Kant
C) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
D) Nikhil Sen
Explanation: In a major bureaucratic reshuffle, the union government approved the appointment of Tarun Bajaj as new revenue secretary under the Ministry of Finance.Bajaj was serving as secretary to the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) since April 30, 2020.
- As per Forbes,what is India’s rank in world’s highest number of billionaires?
Explanation: India has the third highest number of billionaires in the world after the US and China, according to a new list by the prestigious Forbes magazine, which said Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani reclaimed his spot as Asia’s richest person, dethroning Chinese business tycoon Jack Ma who was the richest person in the region a year ago.
- Recently Fatema Zakaria passed away,She was related to which field?
Explanation: Well-known educationist, veteran journalist and Chairman of Aurangabad’s prestigious educational institution Maulana Azad Campus Dr. Fatema Zakaria is no more. She was 85
- Recently the president of Gita press passed away.Name him/her?
A) Shyam Srinivasan
B) PLN Murthy
C) Radheshyam Khemka
D) R Gopalakrishnan
Explanation: The president of Gita Press, Radheshyam Khemka, passed away in Varanasi following a brief illness.He was 87.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Eritrea?
- Where is the HQ of NAFED?
- Where is the HQ of Jana Small Finance Bank?
- When was SEBI founded?
- What is the currency of Sweden?
3 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: April 9, 2021”
Thanks a lot for the helpful write-up. It is also my opinion that mesothelioma has an incredibly long latency time, which means that signs and symptoms of the disease might not emerge until 30 to 50 years after the 1st exposure to asbestos. Pleural mesothelioma, that is certainly the most common sort and is affecting the area across the lungs, might cause shortness of breath, upper body pains, along with a persistent cough, which may bring on coughing up body.
I?m impressed, I need to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that?s both educative and entertaining, and let me let you know, you may have hit the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding; the issue is one thing that not sufficient individuals are talking intelligently about. I’m very glad that I stumbled throughout this in my seek for something relating to this.
I think other website proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean and wonderful user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You’re an expert in this topic!