Current Affairs 9 January 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 January 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of January 8, 2020
- Justice Hima Kohli has become the first woman to assume charge as the Chief Justice of which high court?
A) Madhya Pradesh
- Who is the author of the novel titled ‘Right Under our Nose’?
A) Jayant Kumar Dash
B) R. Giridharan
C) Vivek Deep
D) H. Subramanian
- PhonePe has tied up with which insurance company to launch Term Life Insurance plans on its platform?
A) HDFC Life Insurance
B) Tata AIA Life Insurance
C) SBI Life Insurance
D) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- Which district has topped the list of aspirational districts ranked by the government think tank Niti Aayog in November 2020?
- How much grant assistance ha sbeen given by India to Nepal as part of its commitment towards reconstruction of educational institutions damaged during the 2015 earthquake?
A) Rs 19.21 cr
B) Rs 12.09 cr
C) Rs 14.87 cr
D) Rs 15.28 cr
- According to World Bank, global economy is expected to expand by what percent in 2021?
- Where was the Khelo India Ice Hockey Tournament being organized?
- Who has authored the book titled ‘India’s 71-Year Test: The Journey to Triumph in Australia’?
A) Deep Sharma
B) Bhanu Prakash Singh
C) R Kaushik
D) G Mehenridatta
- Claire Polosak of which country is set to become the first female match official in a men’s Test match?
A) South Africa
C) New Zealand
- Who has been appointed as the head of Google Cloud in Asia Pacific?
A) Karan Bajwa
B) Vikas Mehra
C) Vikram Shah
D) Siddharth Jain
- Which state/UT has launched Mobile Application ‘Satark Nagrik’ and Departmental Vigilance Officers Portal of the state/UT?
B) Madhya Pradesh
D) Jammu and Kashmir
- The world’s oldest living first-class cricketer Alan Burgess who passed away at the age of 100 hailed from which country?
A) West Indies
B) South Africa
D) New Zealand
- According to the first advance estimate released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), Indian economy is expected to contract at what percent in 2020-21?
- Which state government announced a slew of welfare schemes, including free sanitary pads for girls in the state and dedicated the month of January to the girl child?
B) Uttar Pradesh
- Which country successfully conducted the test-flight of an indigenously developed Guided Multi Launch Rocket System named Fatah-1?
D) Saud Arabia
- Who will head the committee formed by the central government to protect the language, culture and land of Ladakh?
A) Bandaru Dattatreya
B) Nityanand Rai
C) G Kishan Reddy
D) Dharmapuri Arvind
- In January 2021, the central government approved new National Highway projects worth Rs 5,801 crore rupees for which state?
- On which dam will the world’s largest floating 600 MW solar energy project be constructed which will begin power generation by year 2022-23?
A) Indrasagar Dam
B) Madikheda Dam
C) Sardar Sarovar Dam
D) Omkareshwar dam
- Who has been appointed as the chairperson of the College of Supervision set up by the Reserve Bank of India?
A) S Raghunath
B) N.S. Viswanathan
C) Paresh Sukthankar
D) Tathagata Bandyopadhyay
- Which bank has signed an MoU with SIDBI to support MSME enterprises through a web-based platform called ‘Asset Restructuring Module for MSMEs (ARM-MSME)’?
A) Bank of Baroda
B) Canara Bank
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Central Bank of India