Current Affairs 9 July 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 July 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 8, 2020
- G Akash became the India’s 66th chess Grandmaster recently in July. He hails from which state?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh
- Who won the F1 Austrian Grand Prix 2020?
A) Lewis Hamilton
B) Sebastian Vettel
C) Valtteri Bottas
D) Daniel Ricciardo
- Which company is set to acquire general insurance firm Raheja QBE?
B) HDFC Bank
- In July 2020, which foreign bank in India has joined hands with Mastercard to facilitate cross-border payments and remittances services?
A) BNP Paribas
B) SBM Bank
C) Qatar National Bank
D) Deutsche Bank
- Which bank has launched ‘Loan in Seconds’ for instant loan disbursements
A) Yes Bank
B) HDFC Bank
C) Bandhan Bank
D) Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Who has been appointed as a Chairman of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) for GIFT City?
A) Bimal Jalan
B) Nandan Nilekani
C) Sharad Kumar
D) Injeti Srinivas
- Which country has launched its Ofek 16 reconnaissance satellite (spy satellite) into space?
D) Saudi Arabia
- In July 2020, which mobile application was launched by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu which is referred to as the first social media super application?
- In which state a job portal is being launched to make available job opportunities to the ‘sons of the soil’ or domiciled persons?
A) Uttar Pradesh
- Under Mission Vriksharopan-2020 drive, which state government planted more than 25 crore saplings on occasion of Guru Purnima?
A) Uttar Pradesh
C) Andhra Pradesh
- Which state launched ‘Weavers Sammaan Yojana’ to provide annual financial assistance to handloom weavers in the state?
B) Uttar Pradesh
- Which state has started a campaign named ‘Intzaar Aap Ka’ in order to attract tourists in the state?
C) Jammu and Kashmir
D) Madhya Pradesh
- Where has the Indian Railways set up a solar power plant to power the Railway overhead lines becoming the first to do so in the World?
- Under whose expertise, an 11-member committee has been formed to study impact of Covid-19 on human rights and future response of the government by NHRC?
A) PK Sharma
B) KS Reddy
C) YN Rao
D) DK Bhatt
- By which year will Indian Railways transform itself as ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network?
- Which institute has developed a ‘Unisaviour’ Disinfection box to sterilise personal belongings?
A) IIT Roorkee
B) IIT Rohtak
C) IIT Indore
D) IIT Madras
- Quidich Innovation Labs Private Limited based in which city has successfully completed the first No-Permission No-Takeoff (NPNT) compliant drone flight of India?
- Which with which has signed five agreements for developing educational infrastructure in the latter?
B) Sri Lanka
- Ennio Morricone, film composer from which country has passed away?
C) New Zealand
- Noted film producer Pokuri Rama Rao passed away recently. He was the producer of the films in which language?
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is SBM bank based?
- Where is the HQ of International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) located?
- What is the currency of Israel?
- National Human Rights Commission of India headquartered in New Delhi, was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, ___________.