Current Affairs 9 July 2021 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 July 2021 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 8, 2021
- The government has merged the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) with which ministry?
A) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
B) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
C) Ministry of Finance
D) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
- Who won the Silver Lake Open chess tournament in Serbia?
A) Anish Giri
B) Nihal Sarin
C) Vidit Gujrathi
D) Srinath Narayanan
- Which IT company partnered with StaTwig, a digital supply chain solution provider, to implement vaccine traceability platform ‘VaccineLedger’ globally?
B) Tech Mahindra
- Which airport recently has been inducted into the Airports Council International (ACI) director general’s Roll of Excellence for the year 2020 for consistently delivering superior customer service?
A) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
B) Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
C) Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi
D) Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru
- MSME focused digital lending platform FlexiLoans.com has collaborated with which of the following to offer flexible loans to their merchant base?
D) Google Pay
- Which bank has partnered with Creditas Solutions to offer a guided and customised debt management solution for its loan and credit card customers?
A) HDFC Bank
B) City Union Bank
C) Federal Bank
D) ICICI Bank
- Which country has launched the Fengyun-3E (FY-3E) meteorological satellite from its SLS-2 launch site?
- In which country has the World’s first 3D-printed school opened?
- Swami Prakashananda who passed away was the spiritual leader and former head of which mutt?
B) Sharada Peetham
C) Varkala Sivagiri Mutt
D) Jyotir Mutt
- Former Himachal Pradesh chief minister Virbhadra Singh who passed away in July 2021 had been the CM of Himachal Pradesh for how many times?
- Jovenel Moïse who was assassinated after an attack was the current president of which country?
A) Costa Rica
- Where is the India’s second-largest stadium going to be built?
- A book titled ‘The Fourth Lion: Essays for Gopalkrishna Gandhi’ is co-written by Venu Madhav Govindu and whom?
A) Srinath Raghavan
B) Mukul Kesavan
C) Shashi Bhandari
D) KL Gupta
- James Anderson who reached a remarkable milestone in his career as he scalped his 1,000th first-class wicket hails from which country?
B) New Zealand
- Who is the head of the committee formed to curb the digital monopolies in the country by Union commerce ministry
A) RS Sharma
B) Vinit Sachdeva
C) KL Pal
D) Suresh Jain
- Who has been appointed as the new CEO of Waze, a crowd-sourced navigation app and a subsidiary of tech giant Google?
A) Sunita Gupta
B) Kavita Nanda
C) Neha Parikh
D) Sunaina Jindal
- Which of the following along with payments technology major Mastercard have launched Mandate HQ, a platform, which the companies said is a safe and secure recurring payment interface?
- Which state government launched a scheme to incentive the production of Orthodox and specialty tea?
D) Himachal Pradesh
- Fitch Ratings has lowered its expectations of India’s growth to what percent for the ongoing fiscal, down from 12.8% in March?
- India’s fiscal deficit improved to what percent of the budgeted estimate for FY22 at the end of May?
- Who is the head of the development council for cement industry to suggest ways to eliminate waste, obtain maximum production, improve quality, reduce costs and promote standardization of products?
A) Vinod Malhotra
B) Pritam Yadav
C) Puneet Dalmia
D) Sachin Gaba
- State-run power giant NTPC along with which firm have planned to boost the development of offshore wind energy in India?
A) Indian Oil Corporation
C) NTPC Limited
- Which online payment solutions provider has partnered with WooCommerce, an open-source, customizable e-commerce platform, to enable WooCommerce merchants with digital payments infrastructure, and end-to-end digitalization of business processes?
- The book titled “Operation Khukri” is co-authored by Major General Rajpal Punia and whom?
A) Suhasini Punia
B) Kavita Punia
C) Shweta Punia
D) Damini Punia
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of PayU situated?
D) South Africa
- What is the capital city of Haiti?
- Where is the HQ of Razorpay Software Private Limited situated?
- Where is the HQ of Fitch Ratings situated?
A) New York
- Where is the HQ of Tech Mahindra situated?
- Where is FlexiLoans Technologies Pvt. Ltd. situated?