Current Affairs 9 June 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 June 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of June 8, 2019
- Who was sworn as new Finance Minister of India?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi surprised markets by naming Nirmala Sitharaman, formerly the country’s defence minister, as the next finance minister at a time when Asia’s third-largest economy is stuttering.
- The Delhi government has set Which year deadline for its flagship CCTV project?
Explanation: The Aam Aadmi Party government’s flagship CCTV project, which is started from 8th June in the national capital, has the deadline of April next year, while the city government has set September 2020 to be the deadline for providing free WiFi facility to Delhiites, according to the Outcome Budget.
- The Indian embassy in which country organised a Gandhi cycle rally for peace to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
Explanation: The Indian Embassy in Saudi Arabia organised a “Gandhi cycle rally for peace” in Riyadh on 7th June to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Which country has been elected to Asian Seat on UN Security Council?
Explanation: Vietnam has been elected unopposed to the Security Council on behalf of the Asian countries in an election that could reshuffle the dynamics of the UN’s highest body that is already paralyzed on many important issues like Syria, Yemen and Venezuela.
- Which country to host annual dragon boat festival?
Explanation: Hong Kong held the annual dragon boat festival with teams competing to race the traditional craft.
- Which country airline has been named the World’s most punctual airline?
Explanation: SriLankan Airlines, the flag carrier of the island nation, has been named the ‘World’s Most Punctual Airline’ for the second consecutive time with over 90 per cent of its flights in May being “on time”.
- Who has been named world’s richest female musician by Forbes?
Explanation: Singer Rihanna has been named as the “World’s Richest Female Musician” by the Forbes magazine with an estimated fortune of $600 million with the bulk of that coming from her Fenty beauty range.
- Recently Kookmin Bank and Which other bank has been included in the second schedule of RBI Act?
A)Fincare Small Finance Bank
B)Paytm Payments Bsnk
C)Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D)Airtel Payments Bank
Explanation: Fincare Small Finance Bank and Kookmin Bank have been included in the second schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, according to RBI notifications.
- Recently Which bank has got a target of 501.16 cr digital transactions for the financial year 2019-20 by the Ministry of Electronic and Information Technology?
A)Airtel Payments Bank
C)Paytm Payments Bank
Explanation: Paytm Payments Bank has received a target of 501.16 crore digital transactions for the financial year 2019-20 from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), higher than the targets set for major banks including HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Punjab National Bank.
- As per RBI data,the share of e money in India’s payment systems grew to how much percent in 2017?
Explanation: Getting a leg-up from from the demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes in November 2016, the share of e-Money in India’s payment systems grew to 21.5 per cent in 2017 from 0.8 per cent in 2012, according to a new report from the Reserve Bank of India.
- Recently Which organisation issued a framework on resolution of stressed assets?
B)Ministry of Finance
Explanation: In February 2018, the RBI had issued a framework on the resolution of stressed assets under which banks were asked to initiate resolution or restructuring of loans worth Rs 2,000 crore or more even if there was a single day of default.
- Which company launched India’s first mutual fund side pocket?
A)ICICI Prudential Bluechip
D)Tata Mutual Fund
Explanation: Tata Mutual Fund has announced plans to introduce segregated portfolios (side pockets) in three schemes hit by the DHFL debt crisis – Tata Corporate Bond Fund, Tata Medium Term Fund and Tata Treasury Advantage Fund
- Recently RBI lowered the economic growth forecast for the current fiscal to how much percent?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India lowered the economic growth forecast for the current fiscal to 7 per cent due to slowdown in domestic activities and escalation in global trade war.
- Recently RBI raised retail inflation forecast for Q1 FY 20 to how much percent?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank raised the retail inflation forecast marginally to 3-3.1 per cent for the first half of the current fiscal, tracking uptick in food prices – mainly vegetables, albeit expectations of a normal monsoon this year.
- According to DPIIT,FDI in services sector grew up at how much percent in 2018-19?
Explanation: Foreign direct investment (FDI) in services sector grew 36.5 per cent to $9.15 billion in 2018-19, according to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- As per Goldman Sachs,Indian GDP to accelerate at how much percent in 2019-20?
Explanation: American brokerage Goldman Sachs pegged the Indian GDP growth to accelerate to 7.2 per cent in 2019-20 on lower oil prices, political stability and removal of infrastructure bottlenecks. Risks to the estimate, which is higher than the RBI’s projection for a 7 per cent growth, are on the “downside” because of the issues in the non-bank lenders.
- Which organisation has signed MoU with Ministry of Corporate Affairs for data exchange?
Explanation: A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for data exchange between the two regulatory organisations.
- Recently IMF has raised economic growth forecast for US to how much percent in 2019?
Explanation: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has raised economic growth forecasts for the US to 2.6 per cent this year and 2 per cent in 2020, compared to 2.3 per cent and 1.9 per cent in April respectively, despite the trade war with China and threats to Mexico.
- Who has been appointed as the BCCI electoral officer ?
Explanation: N Gopalaswami has been appointed as the BCCI’s electoral officer to supervise the elections of the cricketing board and the Indian Cricketers Association.
- Who is the author of the novel “An American Marriage”?
Explanation: American novelist Tayari Jones’s portrait of a young African American’s wrongful incarceration, and its devastating impact on his marriage has beaten two Booker prize winners to take the Women’s prize for fiction for her novel “An American Marriage”.
- Recently Laldingliana Sailo passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former Doordarshan and All India Radio News Editor Laldingliana Sailo passed away in Aizawl. He was 76.He was diagnosed with acute leukaemia in April this year and returned to his home city Aizwal after undergoing treatment at CMC Vellore for some time.
- Recently Malcolm John Rebennack passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Six-time Grammy award winning singer and songwriter Malcolm John Rebennack Jr, popularly known as Dr John, passed away due to a heart attack at the age of 77.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Food Safety Day?
A)Food Health and Safety
B)Safe food,Healthy food
C)Safe food,store food
D)Food Safety,Everyone’s Business
Explanation: 7 June 2019 marks the first ever celebration of the United Nations World Food Safety Day. It aims to strengthen efforts to ensure that the food we eat is safe.The celebration of the inaugural edition of World Food Safety Day will be facilitated by World Health Organisation (WHO), in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations.The theme of World Food Safety Day 2019 is “Food Safety, everyone’s business”.
- What is the theme of this year’s World Oceans Day?
A)Ocean and Life
B)Prevention of Plastic Pollution
C)Encouragement of Solution for Healthy Ocean
D)Gender and Oceans
Explanation: World Oceans Day takes place every 8 June. The concept was originally proposed in 1992 by Canada’s International Centre for Ocean Development (ICOD) and the Ocean Institute of Canada (OIC) at the Earth Summit – UN Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.The theme selected by the United Nations for this United Nations International Day (2019) is “Gender and Oceans”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Vietnam?
- What is the currency of HongKong?
- Where is the HQ of a Fincare Small Finance Bank?