Current Affairs 9 March 2018 Quiz
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 March 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of March 8, 2018
- Which among the following bodies has tied up with NITI Aayog to launch the Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) initiative?
- When is the International Women’s Day observed?
A) March 9
B) March 6
C) March 10
D) March 8
- Recently, the government of India has sanctioned an agreement with UN for re-construction of earthquake hit homes in which country?
C) North Korea
- On the eve of Women’s Day, the Government of India has launched biodegradable sanitary napkins under the name ______
- Recently, Justice Gita Mittal has been conferred with the 2017 Nari Shakti Puraskar. She is the acting Chief Justice of which High Court?
A) Bombay High Court
B) Allahabad High Court
C) Delhi High Court
D) Guwahati High Court
- The Reserve Bank of India has recently imposed a fine of Rs 40 lakh on which bank for non-compliance with directions issued by it on ‘Detection and impounding of counterfeit notes’?
A) State Bank of India
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Oriental Bank of Commerce
D) Syndicate Bank
- Who among the following has been honored with the 2018 Pritzker Prize?
A) Brinda Somaya
B) Raj Rewal
C) Hafeez Contractor
D) Balkrishna Doshi
- The Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance has joined hands with which of the following housing finance company to sell its insurance products to latter’s customers?
B) Repco Home
C) Can Fin Homes
D) LIC Housing Fin
- What is the theme of the International Women’s Day 2018?
A) Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it
B) Time is Now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives
C) Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030
D) Equality for Women is Progress for All
- What is the rank of India in the Mastercard Index of Women Entrepreneurs (MIWE) 2018?
- Name the bank which has tied up with the National E-Repository as repository participant for pledge finance?
A) Punjab National Bank
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Union Bank of India
D) Bank of Maharshtra
- Which among the following IT firms has been named as the world’s fastest growing IT services brand in 2018, according to the report of leading brand valuation firm, Brand Finance?
C) HCL Technologies
D) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- The government of Karnataka has recently unveiled its new tricolor state flag. Which among the given colors is not included in the flag?
- Udyam Sakhi Portal has been launched by which ministry for women entrepreneurs of India?
A) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME)
B) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
C) Ministry of Women and Child Development
D) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Which Indian city has attained top spot in the global city wealth index 2018 among 314 global cities listed?
- What percent of Dearness Allowance (DA) has been approved by the Union cabinet for Central Government employees?
- On the occasion of the International Women’s Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the pan-India expansion of ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme from the present 161 districts to ___________districts across India.
- Which country has achieved top position in the 2nd edition of the Mastercard Index of Women Entrepreneurs (MIWE)?
B) New Zealand
- Which among the following cities has achieved the top rank in the Knight Frank’s Wealth Report 2018 titled “city wealth index”?
C) New York
- The Union Government has extended the deadline for the logo and tagline design competition under the Ayushman Bharat programme. What is the extended date?
A) March 18
B) March 31
C) April 1
D) April 15
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- The Pritzker Prize is given for excellence in ___________
- Who is the CEO of National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange?
A) Vijay Kumar Venkataraman
B) Saurabh Chandra
C) Mrugank Paranjape
D) P. K. Singhal
- The headquarter of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is in which city?
C) New York
- Where is the global headquarter of United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) located?
A) Geneva, Switzerland
B) Paris, France
C) The Hague, Netherlands
D) Copenhagen, Denmark
- Ganda Bherunda is the state emblem of which Indian state?
B) Tamil Nadu
D) Andhra Pradesh