Current Affairs 9 May 2018 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 May 2018 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 8, 2018
- Which state has launched the official NCBN App for the residents of the state in order to implement effective governance in the state?
D) Andhra Pradesh
Explanation: In order to implement effective governance in the state, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu launched the official ‘NCBN’ (Nara Chandrababu Naidu) App. The mobile application will notify people in real-time with news updates and will also act as a direct platform for the common people to interact with the government.
- The 3rd Session of United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP) took place in which city?
B) New Delhi
Explanation: The third edition of the United Nations Peacekeeping Course for African Partners (UNPCAP) was inaugurated in New Delhi. The UNPCAP sessions will be held from May 7-25. The main purpose of the session is to build and enhance the capacity of the African Troop Contributing Countries to the UN.
- The 2018 World Robot Conference will be held in which country?
A) United States
Explanation: The 2018 World Robot Conference will be held in Beijing from August 15 to 19.
- With which of the following countries, India has recently signed MoUs to combat terrorism, cooperate in diplomatic training, cooperate in education sector and promote trade & economic relations?
C) United States
Explanation: India and Guatemala signed series of agreements on May 7 during Vice President Venkaiah Naidu’s visit to the nation. During the visit, both the nations agreed to work together to combat terrorism, which is a threat for the international community. The two sides signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for expanding cooperation in the area of diplomatic training. A pact was also signed for strengthening diplomatic cooperation through Respective Foreign Service Institutes in the educational field.
- Name the tennis champion to be ranked at the top spot in the latest men’s Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Rankings?
A) Grigor Dimitrov
B) Alexander Zverev
C) Roger Federer
D) Rafael Nadal
Spain’s Rafael Nadal remained in the number one spot in the latest edition of the men’s Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world singles rankings with 8,770 points while Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov jumped to the fourth spot. Switzerland’s Roger Federer stayed in second place, ahead of Germany’s Alexander Zverev
in third spot.
- Based on the data of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), which country accounted for highest number of H-1B visas issued by the US to technology professionals in the year 2016 and 2017?
Explanation: India accounted for 74.2 percent of the total number of H-1B visas issued by the US to technology professionals in 2016 and the next year the figure increased to 75.6 percent according to the report of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). However there has been a drop in the number of new H-1B beneficiaries from India, the report said.China with a little over nine percent, comes a distant second after India in terms of number of H-1B visas.
- Name the technology giant which has launched ‘AI for Accessibility’ initiative for person with disabilities?
Explanation: Harnessing the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to help people with disabilities, Microsoft has announced “AI for Accessibility” — a new $25 million, five-year programme for developers globally including in India. The programme will put AI tools in the hands of developers to accelerate the development of accessible and intelligent AI solutions for people with disabilities.
- What is the rank of India in the maiden Lowy Institute Asia Power Index which measures the power of all the countries and territories in the Asia-Pacific region?
Explanation: India is ranked fourth overall out of 25 nations in the Asia-Pacific region on the inaugural index that measures their overall power. The Lowy Institute Asia Power Index, by The Lowy Institute, an Australian think-tank, measures power across 25 countries and territories in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Who has been named as the new Prime Minister of Russia after Vladimir Putin took over as the new President of the country for the 4th term?
A) Alexei Kudrin
B) Valentina Matviyenko
C) Vyacheslav Volodin
D) Dmitry Medvede
Explanation: Russian President Vladimir Putin has chosen to retain Dmitry Medvedev as prime minister for his new term. Putin submitted the proposal for premiership to the lower house of parliament, or State Duma, immediately after he was sworn in for his 4th term.Medvedev has held the premiership since 2012 when Putin started his 3rd term as president.
- The Indian Navy has recently signed an MoU with which of the following institutes to promote academic cooperation and scientific understanding related to defence?
A) Indian Institute of Technology-Indore
B) Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad
C) Indian Institute of Technology-Gandhinagar
D) Indian Institute of Technology-Guwahati
Explanation: The Indian Navy has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Indian Institute of Technology-Gandhinagar (IIT-Gn) to promote academic cooperation, enhance scientific understanding of technologies related to defence and undertake research in mutually beneficial areas.
- Who among the given Indian has been awarded the Annual WEF 2018 Awards in ‘Excellent Woman of Excellence’ category?
A) Prakriti Poddar
B) Nisha Bhalla
C) Reshmma Gulati
D) Anuradha Shukla
Explanation: Women Economic Forum (WEF) is the largest global gathering of women entrepreneurs and leaders worldwide. Nisha Bhalla, a 46-year-old holistic coach and consultant from Mumbai was felicitated at the recently concluded Annual WEF 2018 Awards.
- Which among the following state government has introduced the e-office system in all the state government departments to make working process paperless?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) Andhra Pradesh
D) Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: The e-office system, aimed at enhancing movement of files, was implemented in all the state government departments of Uttar Pradesh. The new system was announced by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on October 27, 2017. Under the e-office arrangements, all the new files will be routed through the new system while the old files and records will be first digitized and then routed on the e-office system.
- Who has been appointed as the new head of the Google Cloud India business?
A) Nitin Bawankule
B) Bhaskar Pramanik
C) Kirthiga Reddy
D) Amit Agarwal
Explanation: Tech giant Google has appointed Nitin Bawankule as the country head for Google Cloud India. Bawankule has been with Google for six years and was previously head of sales for its ecommerce, retail and classifieds and education business.
- Which city will host the 15th Asia Media Summit (AMS) 2018?
B) New Delhi
Explanation: The 15th Asia Media Summit (AMS) 2018 is being hosted by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting,Government of India, jointly with the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi and Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL), from 10th -12th May, 2018 in New Delhi. With the theme, ‘Telling Our Stories – Asia and More’, AMS 2018 aims to encourage dialogue and cooperation in Media Sector in the Region.
Static GK Based on Current Affairs
- Tennis player Roger Federer hails from which country?
Explanation: Roger Federer is a Swiss professional tennis player who is currently ranked world No.2 in men’s singles tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals.
- Who is the CEO of the World Economic Forum (WEF)?
A) Klaus Schwab
B) Christine Lagarde
C) Takehiko Nakao
D) Kristalina Georgieva
Explanation: The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Swiss nonprofit foundation, based in Cologny, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Name the CEO of Microsoft?
A) Brad Smith
B) Larry Page
C) Bill Gates
D) Satya Nadella
Explanation: Satya Nadella took over as CEO in 2014.
Click here for the Current Affairs Quiz Section
One Thought to “Current Affairs Quiz: May 9, 2018”
There’s noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made sure good points in features also.