Current Affairs 9 May 2020 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 May 2020 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 8, 2020
- Recently which two regions were included by Indian Meteorological Department in its daily weather bulletin?
A)Siachen and Leh
B)Muzaffarabad and Leh
C)Leh and Ladakh
D)Gilgit and Muzaffarabad
Explanation: After the abrogation of Article 370 from Jammu Kashmir and turning it into two separate Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh, Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) has included regions of Gilgit-Baltistan and Muzaffarabad, territories currently under Pak occupied Kashmir (PoK), in its daily weather bulletin.
- Which has become the first state in the country to provide mid-day meal ration?
Explanation: Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to provide mid-day meal ration.
- In which state,a unique vehicle named Sanjeevani has been developed at local level?
Explanation: In Madhya Pradesh, in a first of its kind initiative, a unique vehicle has been developed at the local level. With the help of this vehicle, health workers can investigate any suspected patients without coming in to the contact of him. This vehicle has been named Sanjeevani.
- Recently which country decided to change its national currency from rial to the Toman?
Explanation: Iran’s parliament has passed a bill allowing the government to slash four zeros from the rial,, after a sharp fall in the value of the currency as a result of crippling U.S. sanctions.
- According to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), India’s unemployment rate soared to how much percent amid Covid 19 crisis in May?
Explanation: According to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), the Covid-19 crisis has led to a spike in the country’s unemployment rate to 27.11 per cent for the week ended May 3, up from the under 7 per cent level before the start of the pandemic in mid-March.
- Recently United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) extended whose term as its National Goodwill Ambassador for another two years till the end of 2022?
Explanation: The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) extended environmentalist and actor-producer Dia Mirza’s term as its National Goodwill Ambassador for another two years till the end of 2022.
- As per IAMAI report,rural India has presently how many current active internet users?
Explanation: For the first time, India has more internet users in rural areas than in urban cities. The latest report by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Nielsen showed rural India had 227 million active internet users, 10% more than urban India’s about 205 million, as of November 2019.
- Who launched the ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App and two AYUSH-based studies related to COVID-19 situation, in New Delhi?
Explanation: Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Health & Family Welfare Minister launched the ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App and two AYUSH-based studies related to COVID-19 situation, in New Delhi.
- Recently which country launched its new rocket “Long March 5B” successfully?
Explanation: China successfully launched its most powerful rocket, the hulking Long March-5B, on its maiden voyage into orbit.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of Indian Meteorological Department?
- What is the capital of Iran?