Current Affairs 9 May 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 8 May 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 8, 2019
- India and which other country will co produce a film on life and works of Sheikh Mujjibur Rahman?
Explanation: India and Bangladesh will co-produce a film on the life and works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and a documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War.
- Recently,which organisation has launched a new rating tool to evaluate environmental performance of existing schools across India?
Explanation: Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) Council has launched ‘GRIHA for Existing Day Schools’, a new rating tool to evaluate environmental performance of existing schools across India.
- According to study by SaaS Platform SEMRush,who is the most followed politician in the world?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become the second most-followed politician in the world with a social media audience of 110,912,648 million on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, a study by online visibility management and content marketing SaaS platform SEMrush said recently.
- NASA is planning to launch a spacecraft aboard to hit an asteroid in Which year?
Explanation: NASA is planning to launch a spacecraft aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket that will hit a small moonlet in the binary asteroid system Didymos in September 2022. The Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) NASA’s first mission to demonstrate a planetary defence technique is scheduled to be launched in mid-2021.
- Artificial Intelligence Provider Talocity will provide its AI supported touch less technology to which bank?
Explanation: Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based HR solutions provider Talocity would provide Yes Bank its AI-supported “touchless” technology for the bank’s hiring process and human resource (HR) operations. Talocity’s blend of automation enables Yes Bank to further enhance their hiring process and HR operations, to attain high quality talent.
- RBI has increased the housing loan limits for eligibility under PSL to how much in metropolitan centres?
A)Rs 35 lakhs
B)Rs 15 lakhs
C)Rs 20 lakhs
D)Rs 45 lakhs
Explanation: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has directed banks to enhance the housing loan limits for eligibility under priority sector lending (PSL) to Rs 35 lakh in metropolitan centres (with population of ten lakh and above) and Rs 25 lakh in other centres. In order to bring the RRBs and SFBs at a level playing field with other Scheduled Commercial Banks, it has now been decided to enhance the housing loan limits for eligibility under PSL.
- Recently Global Card Payments provider MasterCard has announced how much investment in India?
Explanation: Global card payments brand Mastercard has announced its plan of investing $1 billion in India operations over the period of next five years. About $350 million of the total amount would be invested in setting up of a local payments processing centre as per the Reserve Bank of India’s mandate to store all payments data locally.
- Hughes Communications announced an agreement with Which telecom operator to combine their VSAT operations in India?
Explanation: Bharti Airtel and Hughes Communications India announced an agreement to combine their VSAT operations in India and leverage the demand for secure connectivity in a rapidly growing digital economy.
- Which company will be the principal sponsor of the Afghanistan cricket team in the upcoming World Cup 2019?
Explanation: Amul has been announced as the principal sponsor of the Afghanistan cricket team for the upcoming World Cup, slated to be held in England and Wales from May 30.
- Which country’s MP’s passed a law to scrap the post of Prime Minister?
Explanation: Senegalese lawmakers approved a constitutional reform to scrap the post of prime minister, the first initiative of President Macky Sall‘s second term in office. The government approved the measure last month before sending it to the parliament where the presidential party enjoys a majority.
- Who was named as new PM of Mali?
B)Sem Hel Nayak
C)Ibrahim Boubacar Keita
Explanation: Mali’s president has named a new government after its predecessor resigned last month amid widespread protests over an upsurge of deadly inter-communal violence. Ibrahim Boubacar Keita announced the new executive of 37 members under Prime Minister Boubou Cisse, who was appointed on April 22 to oversee the formation of a “broad-based” government.
- Which hip hop dance crew from Mumbai won “ World of Dance” television show?
Explanation: The Kings, a hip-hop dance crew from Mumbai, has found international glory with their victory on American reality television show “World of Dance”, taking home a cash prize of $1 million.
- Recently Derek Sippy passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Former billiards player, coach and administrator Derek Sippy passed away in Mumbai. He was the Indian team’s coach at recently concluded Asian Under-21 Boys Snooker and Asian Women Snooker tournament in Chandigarh.
- Recently Eranholi Moosa passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Veteran Mappilapaattu singer and Vice Chairman of Kerala Folklore Akademi Eranholi Moosa passed away at his residence in Chalil near Thalassery due to old-age ailments. He was 79. He was serving as the Vice Chairman of Kerala Folklore Akademi, head quarted at Kannur, since 2017.
- Recently NR Madhava Menon passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Considered as the tallest figure in modern legal education N.R. Madhava Menon passed away in Thiruvananthapuram at a private hospital. He was 84.
- Recently batsman Seymour Nourse passed away.He was the former player of which country?
Explanation: Former West Indies batsman Seymour Nurse passed away after suffering from a prolonged illness. Nurse has played 29 Test matches for the team between 1960 and 1969.
- Recently Kirpal Singh passed away.He was related to which profession?
Explanation: Renowned Sikh historian Kirpal Singh passed away at his home in Chandigarh. He was 95. The first chronicler of India’s partition, Kirpal Singh is survived by two sons and a daughter. His wife, Joginder Kaur, passed away at age 93 in September last year.
- What is theme of this year’s World Asthma Day 2019?
A)Better Air,Better Breathing
B)STOP for Asthma
C)Allergy and Asthma
Explanation: May 7 was observed as World Asthma Day. The day is meant to raise awareness about asthma and is supported by Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA), National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLB) and World Asthma Foundation.The theme is STOP for Asthma.
- When is World Athletics Day observed?
Explanation: The World Athletics Day is commemorated annually on the 7th of May in order to give importance to sports among the youth. The objective behind celebrating World Athletics Day is to promote athletics as the primary sport in schools and institutions and to encourage and introduce new talent and youngsters in the field of athletics.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- What is the currency of Bangladesh?
- Where is the HQ of YES Bank?