Current Affairs Quiz 26 May 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 26 May 2017. This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 25 May 2017. The Second Part contains Current Affairs Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 26 May 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 25 May 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of May 25, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India has set a limit of _____ on e-wallet activity of co-operative banks.
A) Rs 5,000
B) Rs 10,000
C) Rs 20,000
D) Rs 15,000
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has allowed co-operative banks, who are permitted to install ATMs and issue debit cards, to also issue prepaid payment instruments PPIs like mobile wallets. RBI has laid down strict norms and conditions to be followed by co-operative banks before permitting them to issue wallets for utility bill payments and other activities up to a limit of Rs 10,000.
- ‘Code For Bank’ tool development program for banks has been launched by which bank?
A) ICICI Bank
B) State Bank of India
C) Reserve Bank of India
D) Axis Bank
Explanation: State Bank of India (SBI) has launched a national hackathon for developers, start-ups and students to come up with innovative ideas and solutions for the banking sector. The hackathon, named ‘Code For Bank’, will focus on the business value driven by technologies like predictive analytics, fin-tech/blockchain, digital payments, IOT, artificial intelligence, machine learning, BOTS and robotic process automation.
- Which Indian financial sector company has been ranked in top 10 of Forbes Global List 2017 in the consumer financial services sector?
A) State Bank of India
B) ICICI Group
C) Birla Global Finance Limited
D) HDFC Ltd
Explanation: Points to Remember: (i) HDFC is the sole Indian company in top 10
(ii) Rank of HDFC- 7th
(iii) Top- American Express
- Who is the Prime Minister of Mauritius?
A) Pravind Jugnauth
B) Ameenah Gurib
C) Anerood Jugnauth
D) Navin Ramgoolam
Explanation: Mauritian Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth will arrive in New Delhi on 26th May 2017 on a three-day state visit to India.
- India’s first underwater tunnel has been built in which state?
A) Jammu & Kashmir
C) West Bengal
D) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Points to remember: (i) River?- on the banks of Hooghly river in Howrah of West Bengal
(ii) The tunnel is 16.6kms, 10.8kms of which runs underground. And of 10.8kms, 502 metres under the water and the whole thing connects Howrah to the west and Salt lake to the east.
(iii) Estimated cost of the entire project is $750 million or about Rs 5,000 crores.
- Which Indian city has been named the most crowded in the list of world’s most crowded city list by WEF?
Explanation: Points to Remember: (i) Top worldwide: Dhaka, Bangladesh
(ii) Top India- Mumbai (Overall second rank)
(iii) Rank of Kota- 7th (Rajasthan)
- Who has been appointed as the new Defence Secretary?
A) G. Mohan Kumar
B) Sanjay Mitra
C) Sunil Desai
D) Samvit Ghosh
Explanation: Sanjay Mitra has taken over as Defence Secretary from G. Mohan Kumar.
- Who has been elected as the new Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI)?
A) Rajan Anandan
B) Rajesh Mehra
C) Vikram Sharma
D) Kunal Shah
Explanation: Rajan Anandan, Vice-President, South East Asia and India, Google, is elected as the new Chairman of IAMAI. Anandan takes over from Kunal Shah, Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer, FreeCharge.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Winning like Virat: Think & Succeed like Kohli”?
A) Abhijeet Ghosh
B) Sourabh Banerjee
C) Sankalp Mehra
D) Abhirup Bhattacharya
Explanation: Abhirup Bhattacharya
- ISRO and NASA are jointly working on the NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) mission. This satellite is scheduled to be launched in which year?
Explanation: In a latest collaborative project, ISRO and NASA are jointly working on the NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) mission to co-develop and launch a dual frequency synthetic aperture radar satellite. This earth monitoring satellite is scheduled to be launched in 2021.
- Who has been appointed as the president of Ecuador?
A) Emmanuel Macron
B) Edouard Philippe
C) Lenin Moreno
D) Moon Jae-in
Explanation: Socialist Lenin Moreno sworn in as Ecuador president
- Which country won the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship?
Explanation: Sweden beat Canada to win ice hockey world title
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (26 May 2017) – The Hindu
- Which Indian company is at top in the 2017 Forbes ‘Global 2000’ list?
A) State Bank of India
C) Reliance Industries Ltd
D) HDFC Bank
Explanation: Points to Remember: (i) Overall Topin 2017 Forbes ‘Global 2000’- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
(ii) Top Indian Company- Reliance Industries Ltd. (Overall Rank 106)
(iii) 58 companies in the list including SBI at 244
- Where is the Headquarters of World Gold Council located?
D) New Delhi
Explanation: London, UK
- Madhavi Mudgal is a renowned _____
B) Classical Dancer
2 Thoughts to “Current Affairs Quiz: May 26, 2017”