Current Affairs Quiz 29 April 2017
Current Affairs Quiz 29 April 2017. This Quiz is divided into two parts. First part contains questions from Current Affairs of 28 April 2017. The Second Part contains Current Affairs Questions from various newspaper of today i.e 29 April 2017. Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper daily to excel in General Awareness section of competitive exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 28 April 2017 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of April 28, 2017
- As per the directive of the Reserve Bank of India, all the existing Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) must have a minimum net-owned corpus of Rs __________ crore by March 2019.
A) Rs 200 crore
B) Rs 100 crore
C) Rs 150 crore
D) Rs 220 crore
- How much loan amount has been agreed upon jointly by the New Development Bank and the Brazilian Development Bank to fund the renewable energy sector of the South American country?
A) $ 500 million
B) $ 450 million
C) $ 300 million
D) $ 200 million
- Who has been appointed as the new chief secretary of Jammu and Kashmir on April 28, 2017?
A) P Mitra
B) VC Pharka
C) BR Sharma
D) B B Vyas
- Name the newly appointed youngest Goodwill Ambassador for United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR).
A) Yusra Mardini
B) Cate Blanchett
C) Filippo Grandi
D) Annie Sakkab
- Who has been appointed as the new Director General of Central Reserve Police Force on April 26, 2017?
A) Vijay Bahadur Singh
B) Sudeep Lakhtakia
C) Sanjeev Keshav
D) Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar
- Who has been recently appointed as the new Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police?
A) Surendra Batra
B) R. K. Pachnanda
C) Rajeev Mittal
D) Krishna Chaudhary
- Which city has been selected to host the 2020 European Athletics Championships?
B) New York
C) Los Angeles
- As per the growth estimates by International Monetary Fund, India will overtake which country to become world’s fourth-largest economy in 2022?
D) United States of America
- How many Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) have been signed between India and Cyprus on April 28, 2017?
- Which country has topped the Dubai’s 100 tourist source markets according to the Annual Visitor Report 2016?
B) United Kingdom
C) Saudi Arabia
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan is the President of which country?
- Which Indian University has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Kanazawa University of Japan for academic collaboration on April 28, 2017?
A) Jawaharlal Nehru University
B) Amity University
C) Nalanda University
D) Manipal University
- As per the estimates by International Monetary Fund, implementation of GST will help raise India’s medium-term growth to above ______ percent.
A) 8 %
B) 7.5 %
C) 7 %
D) 6.9 %
- The Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme _____ has been amended to allow members of the EPFO to withdraw funds from their EPF account for treatment of illness and purchasing medical equipment
- The total advance pricing agreements (APAs) entered into by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) with the taxpayers has reached _______
- The ISC-FICCI 2017 award for Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation has been awarded to which organization?
A) Bandhan Bank
B) FINCA International
C) Ujjivan Financial Services
D) Grameen Koota
- Indian Railways is working to ensure confirmed berth to passengers on demand on his preferred train by ______
- The BBNL, Department of Posts has signed a Tripartite MOU with which telecom network to provide broadband connectivity to Post Offices in rural areas?
B) Tata Docomo
- The 4th National Standards Conclave will be held in which Indian city?
B) New Delhi
- The 12th World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology will be held in which city?
- Which city is set to become India’s first city to operate public buses without conductors?
C) New Delhi
- Which Indian city has won the Pierre L’enfant Planning Excellence and Achievement Awards-2017?
- India’s first smart and green highway, ______________Expressway will be ready by August 2017.
A) Superior State
B) Economic Path
C) Eastern Peripheral
D) Transformative Junction
- India’s first transgender one-day athletic meet was organized in which state on April 28, 2017?
C) Tamil Nadu
- ISRO is set to launch communication satellite GSAT-9 on May 5 using its heavy rocket _______
A) PSLV C-09
B) GSLV- F08
C) PSLV C-37
- As per the Randstad Employer Brand Research 2017, which company has been named as India’s most attractive employer brand?
A) Mercedes–Benz India
B) Amazon India
C) Google India
D) Philips India
- The Artificial Intelligence platform Nia has been launched by which company for businesses?
B) Tata Consultancy Services
- Name the program launched by Google to support and mentor the new entrepreneurs and startups in India?
A) Support India
B) Unfold India
C) Solve for India
D) Decode India’s Future
- Vinu Chakravarthy was renowned ______
- Begum Yaman K. Khan was a ________
Current Affairs Quiz from Today’s Newspaper (29 April 2017) – The Hindu
- The Stade Sebastien Charlety is located in which city?
B) New York
- Name the President of Cyprus.
A) Recep Tayyip Erdogan
B) Prokopis Pavlopoulos
C) Nicos Anastasiades
D) Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
- What is the currency of Kazakhstan?
- Name the first Indian actor to speak at TED Talks in Canada?
A) Aamir Khan
B) Shahrukh Khan
C) Salman Khan
D) Akshay Kumar
- When is World Day for Safety and Health at Work observed?
A) 26 April
B) 27 April
C) 28 April
D) 29 April