The Current Affairs Quiz for 28 February 2017 has been framed from various Newspapers of the same day. Check if you have read the Newspaper properly today by answering the questions of our Current Affairs Quiz. It will help you to prepare for various upcoming competitive exams.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank has tied with which group to mange the bank’s wealthy clients?
A) Delta Corp
B) Capri Global
C) Emkay Global
D) Centrum group
Explanation: South-based Lakshmi Vilas Bank has now roped in Centrum group, a leading financial services company, which will now mange the bank’s wealthy clients.
- What amount of money has SIDBI sanctioned to fund managers who would invest in startups in fiscal year 2016-17?
A) Rs 300 crore
B) Rs 1200 crore
C) Rs 1000 crore
D) Rs 1,112 crore
Explanation: During fiscal year 2014-15 and 2015-16 sanctions were made to 11 funds (Rs 314 crores) and 16 funds (Rs 607 crores) respectively while the number during the current financial year has already crossed Rs 1,112 crores to 30 funds.
- With which insurance company has Dena Bank tied up for distribution of insurance products?
A) Star Health and Allied insurance Company
B) Apollo Munich Health insurance Company
C) Future Generali India Insurance Company
D) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Explanation: Apollo Munich Health insurance Company. Under the tie-up the bank will distribute customised Apollo Munich Health insurance and personal accident policies to the bank’s 20 million customers nationwide
- As per data from Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), what was the growth in FDI inflow in India during 2016?
Explanation: Foreign direct investment (FDI) in India grew 18 per cent during 2016 to touch $46 billion, data released by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) showed
- India has made agreement with which country to strengthen the bilateral cooperation between the two countries through the medium of Cinema?
Explanation: India and Ukraine have agreed to strengthen the bilateral cooperation between the two countries through the medium of Cinema.
- The Haryana government has set up an online system for Panipat to monitor the sex-ratio in which distrcit as part of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme?
Explanation: The Haryana government has set up an online system for Panipat to monitor the sex-ratio in the district as part of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme. The system, called the sex ratio monitoring dashboard, will have the data of child sex-ratio collected from all villages by the Health and Women and Child Welfare Departments every month.
- Which state Lok Suraj Abhiyan will be launched to take governance to people’s doorstep?
C) Uttar Pradesh
D) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Chhattisgarh government started a campaign that would run in three phases to take governance to the doorstep of people. In the first phase of the campaign named Lok Suraj Abhiyan, camps would be organised in 11,000 gram panchayats and 168 civic body wards across the state.
- Where is Radhanagar beach located?
B) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Explanation: Radhanagar beach of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands featured in top 10 beaches of World as per TripAdvisor, an American travel website company.
- What is the name of new platform launched by PayTm for its online marketplace business?
A) PayTm Window
B) PayTm Brick
C) PayTm Mall
D) PayTm Sales
Explanation: The company has now launched a dedicated app and website, Paytm Mall, for the online marketplace business. Paytm Mall will focus on structured categories and brand authorised stores.
- Tata Communications has partnered with which company for its Internet of Things platform, the LoRa network.
A) Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Explanation: Tata Communications is partnering with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to support the roll-out of the former’s Internet of Things platform, the LoRa network.
- Which cricketer has been named Captain of the year 2016 at the ESPN cricinfo Awards?
A) M.S. Dhoni
B) Virat Kohli
C) Steve Smith
D) AB de villiers
Explanation: Virat Kohli
- Heena Sidhu is related to which sports?
Explanation: Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu triumphed in the 10m mixed team air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup.
- P. Shiv Shankar who recently passed away was a/an ______ ?
A) Music Director
Explanation: Punjala Shiv Shankar was an Indian politician. He served as the Minister of External Affairs, Law, and Petroleum.
- Russia has signed an agreement with which country to jointly produce nuclear fuel?
Explanation: Iran’s Atomic Energy Organisation (AEOI) said on Saturday that Russia and Iran have reached an agreement to jointly produce nuclear fuel.
- Which company had developed the second stage liquid propulsion engine and the fourth stage reaction control system components for ISRO for the launch of 104 satellites?
A) Mahindra Aerospace
B) Asteria Aerospace
C) Godrej Aerospace
D) Max Aerospace and aviation
Explanation: Godrej Aerospace (GA), a business unit of Godrej & Boyce, which had recently contributed to the ISRO’s successful launch of 104 satellites by manufacturing critical systems and components for the launch vehicle, is ready with a Rs 200 crore facility for taking on new orders from Aerospace and Defence sector.