Current Affairs 03 July 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 02 July 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of July 02, 2019
- Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi constituted a high-powered committee of chief ministers for the transformation of agriculture and raising farmers’ income.Who will head this committee?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi constituted a high-powered committee of chief ministers for the transformation of agriculture and raising farmers’ income.The nine-member committee, headed by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, will suggest policy measures, attract investments and raise growth in food processing.
- The world’s largest single solar plant was built in which city?
Explanation: The UAE debuted the world’s largest single solar plant, Noor Abu Dhabi, boasting a production capacity of nearly 1,177 MW.
- Recently India has pledged to contribute how much amount in 2019 to UN Palestine Refugee Agency?
A)USD 5 million
B)USD 4 million
C)USD 7 million
D)USD 8 million
Explanation: India has pledged to contribute USD 5 Million in 2019 to the UN Palestine refugee agency. The Indian Government is assisting 150 Palestinian professionals every year under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation programme.
- Recently National Investment and Infrastructure(NIIF) signed Mou with Which bank to boost availability of capital for infrastructure projects?
A)Bank of Baroda
Explanation: The State Bank of India has signed a memorandum of understanding with National Investment and Infrastructure (NIIF) Fund to boost availability of capital for infrastructure projects.
- Recently Which company completed acquisition of selected IBM products for security,marketing and digital solutions?
Explanation: HCL Technologies has completed the planned acquisition of select IBM products for security, marketing, commerce and digital solutions.
- Which state to host 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship 2019?
Explanation: Odisha Government is set to host the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship at the Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium in Cuttack, scheduled for July 17 to 22.
- Who has won the WBC Asia Silver Welterweight Championship?
D)Lee Chi Weing
Explanation: Indian pro boxer Vaibhav Yadav has become the WBC Asia Silver Welterweight Champion. He defeated Thailand’s Fahpetch Singmanassak in the title bout held in Pattaya, Thailand.
- Recently The Centre has extended the tenure of which RBI deputy Governor?
C)Mahesh Kumar Jain
Explanation: The Centre has extended the tenure of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Deputy Governor N S Vishwanathan by one year.
- Who has taken over as the interim chief Operating Officer of investment and rating agency ICRA?
Explanation: Vipul Agarwal has taken over as the interim Chief Operating Officer of investment information and rating agency ICRA after the board of directors asked Naresh Takkar to proceed on leave until further notice.
- Which company has been selected for President Award for utilisation of Corporate Social Responsibility Fund in Social Development?
Explanation: National Aluminium Company Limited has been selected for President’s award for utilisation of Corporate Social Responsibility fund in social development.
- In which city/UT,the sports journalist federation of India awards were held?
Explanation: SJFI Medal (Highest Honour): Prakash Padukone (Badminton).Sportsperson of the Year Award: Pankaj Advani (Billiards and Snooker) and Bajrang Punia (Wrestling).Emerging Talent of the Year Award: Saurabh Choudhary (Shooting).Team of the Year Award: Vidarbha Cricket Team.
- Recently Carlin Dunne passed away.He was related to which field?
Explanation: Professional motorcycle racer, Carlin Dunne passes away. He unfortunately suffered a fatal crash during Ducati Streetfighter V4 prototype run at Pikes Peak Hill Climb. He was also known as “The King of the Mountain”.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Where is the HQ of National Aluminium Company Limited?
- Where is the HQ of rating agency ICRA?