Current Affairs 24 June 2019 Quiz
Read our Current Affairs and Newspaper Quiz daily to excel in General Awareness section of upcoming Competitive Exams.
Quiz from Current Affairs 23 June 2019 of A2Z – Click Here to Read Current Affairs of June 23, 2019
- Recently Which year has been selected by the government to end TB in India?
Explanation: The government has developed a National Strategic Plan with the goal of ending Tuberculosis (TB) by 2025. India accounts for 27.4 lakh estimated new TB cases annually, which is the highest in terms of absolute numbers.
- Which state government announced scheme for smokeless kitchens?
Explanation: A pilot project aimed at providing smoke-free environment in the kitchen for women will be launched by the Maharashtra government.
- The 3rd Indo French Cyber dialogue 2019 was held in Which city?
Explanation: The third Indo-French cyber dialogue 2019 was held in Paris, France. To combat terror in cyber space, the two sides have decided to develop effective mechanism and coordinate their efforts in cyber space.
- Which became the first Arab country to get FATF membership?
Explanation: Saudi Arabia became the first Arab country to get full membership of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). With this, the number of permanent members in the group accounted to 39.
- Which country overtook China as India’s largest merchandise partner?
Explanation: The US overtook China to once again become India’s top goods trading partner in 2018-19, official data shows. Also, India’s trade surplus with the US declined to $16.8 billion from $21.2 billion a year ago.
- According to report by Knight Frank,what is the rank of India among top capital importing countries?
Explanation: Capital investment in commercial real estate by Indian investors in overseas markets soared by 92 percent to $700 million (around 4,893 crore) between the first quarter of 2018 and the first quarter of this year, a report said.
- Who was appointed as India’s representative in the Council of International Civil Aviation Organisation?
Explanation: Senior bureaucrat Shefali Juneja was appointed as India’s representative in the council of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO), a United Nations body.
- The autobiography “Lessons Life Taught Me,Unknowingly “ is based on which personality?
Explanation: Veteran actor Anupam Kher is out with his auto-biography, titled “Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly,” and expresses that he started writing it when he was actually 10 years old
- When is World Olympic Day observed?
Explanation: World Olympic Day is celebrated every year on 23 June. The day is celebrated to promote participation in different sports throughout the world without any discrimination of the gender, age and athletic ability.
STATIC GK BASED ON CURRENT AFFAIRS
What is the currency of Saudi Arabia?
Where is the HQ of International Civil Aviation Organisation?