Daily Current Affairs 1 November 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
MoU on cooperation between museums of India, Germany signed
During a meeting between India and Germany, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) regarding cooperation between select museums of India and Germany was signed.
- The aim of the agreement is to research archaeological ethnological and art historical objects and their historical and contemporary sources within the framework of material culture studies.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel arrives in India
German Chancellor Angela Merkel arrived in New Delhi to participate in the fifth India-Germany Inter-Governmental Consultations (IGC).
- At the IGC, India and Germany will discuss ways to deepen cooperation in traditional sectors such as transport, skill development, and energy, and explore possibilities for cooperation in newer areas like green urban mobility and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Union Health Ministry launches “Indradhanush 2” for covering low immunisation pockets
The “Mission Indradhanush 2.0” has been launched by Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on October 31 falling on the silver jubilee of the Polio eradication campaign, but it will come into implementation from December 2.
- In its bid to cover the areas identified as low immunisation pockets, the Union Health Ministry will carry out massive immunisation program in 271 districts across the nation and 652 blocks located in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar from December 2 under the “Mission Indradhanush 2.0”.
- The extensive immunisation program will cover children up to 2 years of age and all pregnant women.
MNRE Hosts 2nd Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) in New Delhi
2nd Assembly of International Solar Alliance (ISA) was held in New Delhi. It was hosted by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. French Deputy Minister for Ecological and Inclusive Transition Brune Poirson who was on a visit to India also co-presided over the assembly.
- The International Solar Alliance brings together 80 nations and offers concrete solutions that help reduce the cost of solar installations, particularly in developing countries.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurates National Symposium in New Delhi
“Planning, commitment, vision, societal involvement and past experiences can help us achieve our goal of eliminating Lymphatic Filariasis from the country by 2021” said Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare as he inaugurated the day long National Symposium on the theme ‘United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis’, in New Delhi.
V K Singh addresses 5th International Conference on Road Tech in New Delhi
Union Minister of State for Road Transport V.K. Singh said that infrastructure will propel the growth of economy and to achieve this growth country needs sustainable and environment friendly roads and highways.
- Addressing the 5th International Conference on Road Tech (sustainable roads and highways) in New Delhi today, he said in the last five years great amount of works have been done in the field of infrastructure and in future much more will be done.
Kerala Governor inaugurates Ayurveda summit
Kerala Governor Arif Mohammed Khan inaugurated the 3rd edition of Global Ayurveda Summit 2019 in Kochi. As many as 400 industry leaders and delegates from SAARC, GCC and African countries have gathered in Kochi for the Global Ayurveda Summit 2019.
- The theme of the two-day summit is “Mainstreaming Ayurveda through Startups, Innovation and Branding”.
Exhibition ‘Hunar Haat’ starts in Prayagraj
The next Exhibition ‘Hunar Haat’, an initiative of the Minority Affairs Ministry, is organised from November 1-10 in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh, where more than 300 master artisans and culinary experts including a large number of women artisans will participate.
- The Modi government will provide employment opportunities to lakhs of artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts through the ‘Hunar Haat’ initiative in the next five years, Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
India, Japan conclude second edition of ‘Dharma Guardian’ military exercise
India and Japan concluded the second edition of the annual military exercise named ‘Dharma Guardian’ at the Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School in Vairengte, Mizoram.
- The primary focus of the exercise was to train and equip the army contingents in counterinsurgency and counter-terrorism operations in mountainous terrain.
Indo-France joint Army exercise begins in Rajasthan
‘Shakti-2019’, a bilateral exercise will be conducted between Indian and French Army troops at the Foreign Training Node at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges in Rajasthan from October 31 to November 13. It will focus on counter-terrorism operations in the backdrop of semi-desert terrain under United Nations Mandate.
35th ASEAN Summit begins in Bangkok
The 35th ASEAN Summit began in Bangkok, Thailand. Thailand Prime Minister Prayut Chan -o-Cha inaugurated this summit. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend this summit on November 3rd and 4th.
- The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) is a group of ten member countries that encourages political,economic and social co-operation in the region. ‘Advancing Partnership for sustainability’ is the theme of the summit.
- During five days summit East Asia summit (EAS) and Regional Comprehensive Economic Summit ( RCEP) will be also held.
Sanjeev Nandan Sahai appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Power
Sanjeev Nandan Sahai assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Power. Prior to this, he was serving as the Special Secretary in the Ministry of Power.
Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar retires
Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Air Command, Raghunath Nambiar, has retired after over 38 years of service. A Defence Ministry release said that the Air Marshal has been an experimental test pilot and has flown about 42 types of aircraft.
- He was awarded Vayu Sena Medal for Gallantry by the President of India for his prominent role in the Kargil Operations.
Chandi Prasad Bhatt gets Indira Gandhi award for national integration
The 31st Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the years 2017 and 2018 was awarded to the pioneer of the Chipko Movement Chandi Prasad Bhatt for his services in promoting and preserving the national integration on October 31, the death anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- The 85-year-old Bhatt is an eminent Gandhian environmentalist and was associated with the Chipko Movement in Uttarakhand.
Thiruvananthapuram corporation receives Zero waste City award in Malaysia
Kerala’s capital city, Thiruvananthapuram corporation has been placed in a zero-waste cities list and received an award for its green city projects at International Zero Waste Cities Conference (IZWCC ) held in Malaysia.
CSS Corp wins Gold in IT services at the 11th Annual 2019 Golden Bridge Awards
CSS Corp, a new-age IT services and technology company, has won Gold in the 11th Annual 2019 Golden Bridge Awards for its innovative network solutions.
- The company was bestowed with the ‘Best Solution of the Year‘ title in the IT services category.
Film producer Champak Jain passes away
Film producer Champak Jain passed away after suffering from a brain haemorrhage. Champak was one of the owners of Venus Records and Tapes which produced hit films like the 1994 blockbuster ‘Main Khiladi Tu Anari’ starring Saif Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar.