Daily Current Affairs 1 September 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Rajasthan govt launches ‘Mahila Nidhi’ to help women entrepreneurs
Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot unveiled a scheme called Mahila Nidhi on Women’s Equality Day to help them sustain their livelihoods as well as start some small business ventures for their economic betterment.
- Rajasthan is the second state in the country after Telangana where ‘Mahila Nidhi’ scheme has been started. This initiative has been aimed at strengthening women self-help groups by facilitating financiang from banks, increasing the income of women from poor households and marginal strata of the society, as per statement.
Reliance Industries to build world’s largest carbon fibre plants
Committing to their vision for new materials, Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani, in the 45th AGM, announced to build India’s first and one of the world’s largest Carbon Fibre plants at Hazira, Gujarat.
- The plants will have a capacity of 20,000 MTPA based on Acrylonitrile feedstock.
Railways tops CVC list for ignoring advice to punish corrupt officers
The Railways Ministry has topped the list of government departments that did not adhere to Central Vigilance Commission’s (CVC) advice against corrupt officials and concluded cases as per its own disciplinary procedures, according to the CVC’s latest annual report.
- Besides Railways, Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), Bank of India and Delhi Jal Board have four cases each, and Mahanadi Coalfields Limited shielded its employees in three such cases, CVC reported.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
TaMo completes acquisition of Marcopolo’s stake in Tata Marcopolo Motors
Tata Motors has completed the acquisition of its partner Marcopolo’s stake in their bus body manufacturing joint venture Tata Marcopolo Motors Ltd (TMML).
- Consequently, TMML has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company from August 29, 2022, it added.
Rahul Sharma takes retirement from all forms of cricket
Former India spinner Rahul Sharma has announced his retirement from international and domestic cricket. The tall leg-spinner had first hogged the limelight during IPL 2011, where he represented Pune Warriors India.
- The 35-year-old, played for India from 2011 to 2012.
New Zealand all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme retires from International Cricket
New Zealand all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme announced his retirement from international cricket. He represented New Zealand in 29 matches, scoring 1432 runs at 38.70 and picking up 49 wickets.
Amlan Borgohain breaks 100m national record at All India Railway C’ships
Amlan Borgohain, who holds the 200m national record, has now added the 100m record to his name. The 24-year-old from Assam clocked 10.25s (wind speed +1.8, legal) to break the six-year-old national record of Amiya Kumar Mallick (10.26s) at the 87th all-India inter-Railway athletics championships in Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh.
IFS Officer Nagesh Singh Appointed India’s Ambassador to Thailand
1995 Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, Nagesh Singh was, appointed as India’s next Ambassador to Thailand. He will be replacing Ambassador Suchitra Durai (IFS:1988). Presently, Singh is serving as Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs.