Daily Current Affairs 10 February 2020 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
16.61 lakhs candidates placed under PMKVY scheme: RK Singh
With a view to imparting skill development training to the prospective youth across 371 courses, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has been implementing Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY 2.0) 2016-20.
- 73.47 lakhs youths have been trained while 16.61 lakhs candidates have been placed under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, RK Singh said.
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa arrives in India
Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa arrived in India on a five-day visit. The Sri Lankan leader will hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Ram Nath Kovind during his stay in New Delhi
India ranks 17th among countries most likely to import coronavirus study
Of the countries most at risk of importing coronavirus cases, India ranks 17th according to a study by Germany’s Humboldt University and Robert Koch Institute.
- So far India has reported 3 coronavirus positive cases- all from Kerala.
- The top 10 countries and regions at risk of importing coronavirus cases are: Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, USA, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Cambodia, according to the model.
Australia presented with ICC Women’s Championship trophy
Australia were presented with the ICC Women’s Championship trophy, which they have retained by taking a winning lead in the eight-team ODI competition played from 2017 to 2020.
- Captain Meg Lanning received the trophy from ICC Women’s Cricket Manager Holly Colvin after the T20I series match between Australia and India in Melbourne
Himachal Police, SAI Hostel Dharamshala win in state-level Kabaddi Championship
Himachal Police bagged the men’s senior title in state level Kabaddi Championship. Himachal Police’s Ajay Thakur played furiously and gained vital points in the final.
- While SAI Hostel Dharamshala defeated Bilaspur to claim the women’s title in the state level Kabaddi Championship.
Bangladesh defeat India by 3 wickets to lift maiden U19 World Cup
Bangladesh beat India by three wickets (DLS method) in a thrilling U19 World Cup final to lift the title for the first time at Senwes Park in Potchefstroom.
- Chasing a moderate total of 178, Bangladeshi openers provided a solid start. Parvez Hossain Emon and Tanzid Hasan stitched the opening stand of 50 runs.
Indian Army beat ITBP by 3-2 in Khelo India Ice Hockey Championship
The first Khelo India Ice Hockey Championship 2020 trophy men’s section was lifted by Ladakh Scout Regimental Centre (LSRC) Red team beating ITBP by 3-2 goals at NDS New Ice Hockey Rink.
- The tournament had been organised by the District Youth Services & Sports in collaboration with Ladakh Winter Sports Club, Leh. A total of 13 teams participated in the first-ever Khelo India Ice Hockey Championship.
Complete list of winners of the 92nd Academy Awards
The 92 nd Academy Awards were thronged by a whole lot of controversy this year, from having ‘no host’ to not featuring any female filmmakers in the nominations for best director.The award ceremony was took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California
2020 Oscar Award winners:
- Best Motion Picture: ‘Parasite’ (Neon), Kwak Sin-ae and Bong Joon Ho, producers
- Best Director: Bong Joon Ho, ‘Parasite’
- Best Female Actor: Renee Zellweger, ‘Judy’
- Best Male Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, ‘Joker’
- Best Female Actor in a Supporting Role: Laura Dern, ‘Marriage Story’
- Best Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Brad Pitt, ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’
- Best Original Screenplay: ‘Parasite’, Bong Joon Ho and Han Jin-won
- Best Adapted Screenplay: ‘Jojo Rabbit’, Taika Waititi
- Best Cinematography: ‘1917’, Roger Deakins
- Best Visual Effects: ‘1917’, Guillaume Rocheron, Greg Butler and Dominic Tuohy
- Best International Feature: ‘Parasite’ (South Korea)
- Best Film Editing: ‘Ford v Ferrari’, Andrew Buckland and Michael McCusker
- Best Production Design: ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’, production design: Barbara Ling; set decoration: Nancy Haigh
- Best Costume Design: ‘Little Women’, Jacqueline Durran
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling: ‘Bombshell, Kazu Hiro’, Anne Morgan and Vivian Baker
- Best Animated Feature Film: ‘Toy Story 4’ (Pixar), Josh Cooley, Mark Nielsen and Jonas Rivera
- Best Animated Short Film: ‘Hair Love’, Matthew A. Cherry and Karen Rupert Toliver
- Best Sound Editing: ‘Ford v Ferrari’, Donald Sylvester
- Best Sound Mixing: ‘1917’, Mark Taylor and Stuart Wilson
- Best Original Score: ‘Joker’, Hildur Gudnadottir
- Best Original Song: “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again,” ‘Rocketman’, music by Elton John; lyrics by Bernie Taupin
- Best Documentary Feature: ‘American Factory’ (Netflix), Steven Bognar, Julia Reichert and Jeff Reichert
- Best Documentary Short Subject: ‘Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You’re a Girl)’, Carol Dysinger and Elena Andreicheva
- Best Live-Action Short Film: ‘The Neighbors’ Window’, Marshall Curry
Haryana gets ‘Gold Award’ for timely implementation of citizen-centric services
Haryana government has been honoured with the ‘Gold Award’ by the Centre for the state government’s timely implementation of citizen-centric services under the e-governance project of Antyodaya Saral the 23rd National Awards ceremony organised by the Central Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances Department (DAR & PG), Government of India, in Mumbai
American Author Roger Kahn passes away
Roger Kahn, the writer who wove memoir and baseball and touched millions of readers through his romantic account of the Brooklyn Dodgers in “The Boys of Summer,” has died. He was 92.
- The author of 20 books and hundreds of articles, Kahn was best known for the 1972 best-seller that looked at his relationship with his father through their shared love of the Dodgers, an object of nostalgia for the many fans who mourned the team’s move to Los Angeles after the 1957 season
Veteran Kerala RSS ideologue P Parameswaran passes away
P Parameswaran, veteran Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) ideologue, thinker and a prolific writer, died at Ottappalam in Kerala.
- The 93-year-old founder-director of the Bharatheeya Vichara Kendram, established to promote “nationalist thoughts” among Keralites.
‘The Wild Wild West’ star Robert Conrad dies at 84
Actor Robert Conrad who marked his identity with the widely popular 1960s television series ‘The Wild Wild West’ passed away. He was 84.
- The handsome actor rose to prominence overnight after the show ‘Hawaiian Eye’ debuted in 1959.