Daily Current Affairs 10 July 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India to assume Presidency of G-20 from December this year
External Affairs Ministry said India will assume the Presidency of the G-20 from December this year. Apart from the Summit which India will host next year, a large number of G-20 events at different levels will be organised across the country during India’s Presidency.
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launches SVANidhi Mahotsav
Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched ‘SVANidhi Mahotsav which is a cultural festival for celebrating the success of PM SVANidhi Scheme. Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organising ‘SVANidhi Mahotsav’ from 9th to 31st of this month.
- It is being held in 75 cities across 33 States and Union Territories. The Mahotsav will showcase a series of activities like Cultural activities,Digital transaction training, Loan mela,
- Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi – PM SVANidhi scheme was launched on 1st of June 2020 to facilitate working capital loans to street vendors to help them restart their businesses which were adversely impacted due to the lockdown imposed during COVID-19 pandemic.
Irdai and NHA to develop National Health Claims Exchange to settle claims
Irdai and National Health Authority (NHA) will develop a National Health Claims Exchange as a digital platform to settle health claims. The National Health Claims Exchange will be developed as a digital platform, for settling the health claims. Chairman of IRDAI, Debasish Panda, has also proposed for creation of a working group with representation from industry.
- The working group will decide on how to attract more people to buy health insurance, by making the largest segment of general insurance in India.
UP becomes the first state in the country to have 13 expressways
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has laid the foundation stone of the country’s largest expressway network in the state. In days to come, the state will have more expressway connectivity from many countries of the world. The state has become the first state in the country to have 13 expressways. Of the total 13 expressways of 3200 km, work is going on on seven, while six expressways are operational.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 296 km long Bundelkhand Expressway on July 16 and through this Bundelkhand will be directly connected to Delhi.
Weeklong Kharchi festival begins in Tripura
A week-long traditional Kharchi festival, offering prayer to 14 gods and goddess, began with thousands of devotees converging at Khayerpur on the eastern outskirts of the Tripura. Kharchi Puja is predominantly a tribal festival but it owes its origins to Hindu religion. Devotees and sadhus from across India and neighbouring Bangladesh have also participated in the festival.
Akasa Air Airlines gets Air Operator Certificate from DGCA; to commence commercial services
The country’s newest airline Akasa Air has received the Air Operator Certificate (AOC) from aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation to start its commercial operations.
- The grant of the AOC is the final step of a comprehensive and rigorous process laid down by the DGCA and marks the satisfactory completion of all regulatory and compliance requirements for the airline’s operational readiness. The airline will commence commercial operations later this month.
Gujarat to host 36th National Games from Sept 27 to Oct 10
Gujarat will host the 36th National Games between September 27 and October 10, the first time the state is hosting the prestigious sporting event. After a gap of seven years, the event will be held in six cities – Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar.
RK Gupta appointed deputy Election commissioner
Senior bureaucrat R K Gupta has been appointed as the deputy election commissioner, an order issued by the Personnel Ministry said. He has replaced T Sreekanth.
- Gupta, a Central Secretariat Service (CSS) officer, will serve as deputy election commissioner (Joint secretary level) till 28 February next year, the date of his superannuation.