Daily Current Affairs 10 November 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
DIN System of CBIC comes into existence
The Documentation Identification Number (DIN) system of Central Board of Indirect Taxes (CBIC) has come into existence. This path breaking system in indirect tax administration has been created as per the direction of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Now, any CBIC communication will have to have a Documentation Identification Number.
Panel formed to implement Amit Shah’s order for 100 days homestay to CAPF jawans
A high-powered committee has been formed by the Centre to implement Union Home Minister Amit Shah’s directive that around seven lakh CAPF jawans should get to spend at least 100 days with their families in a year.
- The seven-member panel which will be headed by CRPF Additional Director General (ADG) Atul Karwal has been asked to submit its recommendations to the ministry within four weeks.
MMR of India declines by eight points in one year
Maternal Mortality Ratio, MMR, of India has declined by eight points in one year as per the latest special bulletin on MMR released by the Registrar General of India.
- This was informed by Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan. The Minister said, this decline is important as it translates to over 2,000 more pregnant women saved annually.
Sanskrit Bharati Vishwa Sammelan begins in New Delhi
Three-day mega event, Sanskrit Bharati Vishwa Sammelan began in New Delhi. Thousands of Sanskrit lovers from 17 countries are attending Sanskrit Bharati Vishwa Sammelan.
- An exhibition ‘Sanskriti Pradarshini’ has also been put up displaying manus, models and charts that establish different phases of the development of Sanskrit as a popular language, not only in India but also across the globe.
MILAN 2020 scheduled to be conducted at Visakhapatnam
The Mid Planning Conference (MPC) for MILAN exercise was concluded at HQENC Visakhapatnam. Also, it was announced that MILAN 2020 is scheduled to be conducted at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh in March 2020.
- The scope of exercise planned during the harbour and sea phase of MILAN 2020 was discussed in detail with the delegates of the participating countries during the conference.
NASA unveils its first electric airplane
NASA unveiled its first all-electric experimental aircraft, ” X-57 Maxwell”, that’s being developed since 2015. The aircraft, having 14 electric motors, would be the agency’s first crewed experimental plane to be developed in two decades.
- NASA’s previous experimental aircraft include the Bell X-1 that first broke the sound barrier and the X-15 rocket-engine plane flown by Neil Armstrong.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI increases household income limits for borrowers of NBFCs and MFIs
Reserve Bank has increased the household income limits for borrowers of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) and microfinance institutions (MFIs) from 1 lakh to 1.25 lakh rupees. The move is aimed at strengthening credit to those at the bottom of the economic pyramid in rural areas.
- Similarly, the limit has been increased from 1.6 lakh for urban or semi-urban areas to 2 lakh rupees.
Shafali Verma becomes youngest Indian to smash international fifty
Shafali Verma has become the youngest Indian cricketer to smash an international fifty. She achieved the feat during the first T20I against West Indies at the Daren Sammy National Cricket Stadium in Saint Lucia.
Dhrupad maestro and Padma Shri awardee Ramakant Gundecha passes away
Dhrupad maestro Ramakant Gundecha, the younger of the Gundecha brothers duo, passed away due to a heart attack. He was 56.
Former Chief Election Commissioner TN Seshan passes away
Former Chief Election Commissioner Tirunellai Narayana Seshan, who had become an icon of Indian bureaucracy for ushering in tectonic reforms in the country’s electoral process during his tenure in the nineties, has passed away after a cardiac arrest. He was 86.