Daily Current Affairs 11 April 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
UIDAI puts digitally signed QR code with photo on eAadhaar
The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has recently replaced existing QR code on eAadhaar having resident’s demographic details now with a secured digitally-signed QR Code which contains demographics along with photograph of the Aadhaar holder.
- The new feature, the digitally-signed QR code, will contain photo of the Aadhaar holder in addition to existing facility of demographic details, in turn allowing various user agencies like banks to verify authenticity of Aadhaar card offline.
Andhra Pradesh becomes second state to get happiness department
The Andhra Pradesh government will soon constitute a Happiness Commission that will take up a series of programmes to promote “happiness” in the state.
- The commission, which will work under the department of planning, will be headed by chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
- Andhra Pradesh became the second state in the country to introduce an exclusive ministry for happiness in April 2017. Madhya Pradesh is the first.
Hry govt comes up with Water ATM policy for urban areas
The Haryana government has come up with Water ATM Policy to provide clean drinking water to people at public places in cities. Residents of cities in Haryana can now look forward to having a water ATM every 400 metres.
Google commemorates India’s first superstar KL Saigal with a doodle on his 114th birth anniversary
Google paid tribute to “India’s first superstar” K.L. Saigal with a special Doodle to mark his 114th birth anniversary. Born on April 11, 1904 in Jammu, Kundanlal Saigal was considered the first superstar of the Hindi film industry. He sang 200 film and non-film songs that continue to enthrall generations of music lovers even today.
First India-Nordic summit to boost ties with 5 nations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet leaders of Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark & Iceland for the first India-Nordic Summit in Stockholm on April 17.
- Modi will be the first Indian PM to visit Stockholm since 1988.
BANKING & FINANCE
Nabard frames self-healing norms for RRBs
The National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard) has come out with a ‘Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) Framework’ framework for regional rural banks (RRBs), much like the revised one the RBI unveiled for scheduled commercial banks nearly a year ago.
- This framework is aimed at enabling RRBs that fail to meet prudential requirements relating to capital adequacy, net non-performing assets (NNPAs) and return on assets (ROA) to take self-corrective action to arrest further deterioration in their financial position.
- The PCA will be invoked if RRBs breach trigger points on three parameters: capital to risk-weighted assets (CRAR) ratio, assets (NPAs), and profitability (ROA). The PCA framework will be implemented based on the findings of Nabard’s inspection with reference to RRBs’ FY2019 financial performance.
CII appoints Rakesh Bharti Mittal as new President
Industry chamber Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has appointed Rakesh Bharti Mittal, Vice Chairman, Bharti Enterprises as its new President.
Messi named ‘responsible tourism ambassador’ by UN body
The UN World Tourism Organization has appointed FC Barcelona’s Argentine star Lionel Messi as an ambassador to promote responsible tourism.
- The UN body defines “responsible tourism” as tourism that “helps maximise the sector’s benefits while minimising its potentially negative impact on the environment, cultural heritage and societies across the globe”.