Daily Current Affairs 11 August 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
UP Govt Plans to Double Farmers income under ‘Panchamrut Yojana’
Uttar Pradesh government announced that Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath’s ‘Panchamrut Yojana’ will help to achieve the goal of doubling farmers’ income through the introduction of cost-effective technical measures and the promotion of the co-cropping method.
Indian Army conducts pan-India drill ‘Skylight’ to test operational readiness
The Indian Army has conducted a pan-India satellite communication exercise named ‘Ex Skylight’, in the last week of July. The main objective of this exercise was to test the operational readiness and robustness of its hi-tech satellite communication systems, in the event of an attack by an adversary.
ASEAN celebrated its 55th Anniversary in 2022
On 8 August 2022, ASEAN celebrated its 55th anniversary, which coincides with the 77th anniversary of the atomic bombings of Nagasaki.
- The theme of this year’s ASEAN Day is “Stronger Together” that invites and welcomes the forward-minded people of ASEAN to come in synchronization and work as a collective to face the challenges of 21st Century.
BANKING & FINANCE
Indian Bank received a Rs. 32 lakh fine from the RBI
The Reserve Bank of India fined the Indian Bank a total of Rs. 32 lakh for failing to submit a Flash Report for frauds involving amounts of at least Rs. 5 crore to the RBI as required by Section 47A(1)(c) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
SBI’s first-quarter net profit fell by 7% to Rs. 6,068 billion
SBI’s first-quarter net profit: Due to a reduction in revenue, the largest lender in the nation, State Bank of India (SBI), reported a 7% decline in standalone net profit for the first quarter of the current fiscal year, coming in at Rs 6,068 crore.
- In the April through June quarter of 2021–2022, the bank had posted a net profit of Rs 6,504 crore.
- SBI reported in a regulatory filing that its standalone total income decreased to Rs 74,998.57 crore in the first quarter of 2022–23 from Rs 77,347.17 crore in the same period last year.
Chennai prodigy Pranav becomes India’s 75th Grandmaster
Chess prodigy V Pranav has become India’s 75th Grandmaster by winning a tournament in Romania.
- The Chennai-based Pranav won the Limpedea Open in Baia Mare, Romania to secure his third and final GM norm and attain the Grandmaster title.
- The 15-year-old had obtained his maiden GM norm at the Serbia Open in 2021 and the second in the Vezerkepzo GM round-robin tourney in Budapest, Hungary in June.
- Pranav is the 27th Grandmaster from Tamil Nadu, a list that includes the legendary Viswanathan Anand and teen sensations D Gukesh and R Praggnanandhaa among others.
India beat Bangladesh 5-2 to clinch SAFF U20 Championship title
India beat Bangladesh to clinch the 2022 SAFF U20 Championship title, at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- SAFF U-20 Championship is an international football competition for men’s under-18 national teams organized by the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF).
- Sibajit Singh Leimapokpam was the captain of the Indian team and Som Kumar was the goalkeeper.
- Gurkirat Singh became the first player to score a hat-trick in a final of the U-20 event.
Nallathamby Kalaiselvi appointed as CSIR DG, 1st Woman to head India’s top Scientific Body
Senior scientist Nallathamby Kalaiselvi was appointed as the Director General of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- Notably, Kalaiselvi is the first woman to lead the consortium of 38 research institutes across the country.
- The senior scientist will succeed Shekhar Mande, who superannuated in April after which Rajesh Gokhale, Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, was given the additional charge of CSIR.
- Apart from the position of Director General of CSIR, Kalaiselvi will also hold the charge as Secretary of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
India Chess legend Viswanathan Anand becomes FIDE Deputy President
Indian chess legend Viswanathan Anand was elected deputy president of FIDE, the sport’s world governing body, while incumbent president Arkady Dvorkovich was re-elected for a second term.
Dalai Lama honoured with Ladakh’s highest civilian award
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama was honoured with the ‘dPal rNgam Duston’ award—the highest civilian honour of Ladakh—for his immense contribution to humanity, especially towards the union territory.