Daily Current Affairs 11 November 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
PM Gati Shakti Multimodal Waterways Summit held in Varanasi
Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the PM Gati Shakti Multimodal Waterways Summit at Varanasi, the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways said.
- The primary objective of the summit is to bring together greater awareness about the PM Gati Shakti National Masterplan with a focus on infrastructure development in the waterways.
- Sonowal also unveiled the inauguration and foundation stones of community jetties on National Waterways-1 (River Ganga) at Ravidas Ghat.
18th International Telemedicine Conference ‘TELEMEDICON 2022’ to be held in Kerala
Telemedicine Society of India (TSI) and its Kerala Chapter hosts Telemedicon 2022, the eighteenth edition of the International Telemedicine Conference, at Amrita Hospital, Kochi, from November 10 to 12, 2022.
- The core theme of the event ′Strengthening Health Systems Through Sustainable Telemedicine and Digital Health’ puts forward a platform to pool ideas to spearhead the growth of telemedicine in the right direction, as the future of both telemedicine and the front runners of telemedicine holds immense potential.
- TELEMEDICON 2022 is an annual global conference for healthcare professionals, providers, health insurance providers, online pharmacy chains, industrialists, academic scientists, research scholars and scientists, medical and engineering stakeholders from various fields of telemedicine, telehealth, e-health, m-health, and digital health across the world meet
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveils logo, theme and website of India’s G20 presidency
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the logo, theme and website of India’s G20 presidency in a virtual address. In a significant step, India will assume G20 Presidency from 1 December, 2022. The logo, theme and website of our G20 Presidency reflects India’s message and overarching priorities to the world.
- The G20 logo, created with the four colours of India’s national flag, comprises of earth sitting atop a lotus. The seven petals in the logo signify the seven seas and the coming together of seven continents at G20 India 2023.
- The earth reflects India’s pro-planet approach to life and from this, it derives the theme of G20 India 2023 – “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam: One Earth, One Family, One Future.”
- During the course of its G20 Presidency, India will be holding about 200 meetings in 32 different sectors in multiple locations across India.
India joins MAC, at 27th session of COP27 in Egypt
India has joined the Mangrove Alliance for Climate, MAC, at the 27th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP27) at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt.
- After joining the alliance, India called for integration of mangroves conservation with the Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD) programmes for carbon sequester ING.
- The alliance will raise global awareness about the role of mangroves as a nature-based climate change solution. It will ensure the rehabilitation of mangrove forests on a global level.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India to become third-largest economy by 2027: Report
A report by Morgan Stanley has forecast that India will surpass Japan and Germany and become the third largest economy by 2027.
- The country is also on track to have the largest stock market by 2030 following its key investments in technology and energy.
- According to the report, India is the fastest-growing economy in the world and its gross domestic product (GDP) could double from the current $3.5 trillion to over $7.5 trillion by 2031.
Google launches ‘FloodHub’, a platform to forecast flood
Google, an American technology giant, has launched a platform that displays flood forecasts, namely ‘FloodHub’.
- This platform shows the area and time where floods could occur, in order to inform people about the natural calamity and authorities can assist them with effectively.
- The technology giant has also expanded its AI flood forecasting services to 18 counties across Latin America, Africa and Southeast Asia. To recall, these flood forecasting services supported by AI were first introduced in India back in 2018.
Uttar Pradesh to host 2023 Khelo India University Games
The Uttar Pradesh government will be hosting the Khelo India National University Games in 2023-24 in four cities of the state. These cities are Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Varanasi and Noida.
- According to Navneet Sehgal, additional chief secretary, sports, around 4,500 athletes, representing 150 universities across the country will be vying for top honours in 20 disciplines, including rowing, basketball, judo, kabaddi, wrestling, swimming, boxing, etc.
QS Asia University Rankings 2023: IIT Bombay top educational institution in Southern Asia
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has improved its rank in the continent to 40th from 42nd in the 2022 rankings. IITB is also India’s top institute as per the list.
- IIT Delhi is on 46th place this time, compared to 45th in 2022 rankings. Bangalore-based Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been raked 52nd which means it has improved its rank by 4 places from 56th in 2022.IIT Madras has also improved its rank by one place and now it is the 53rd best institute in Asia, as per QS.
- The other three institutions in the list of top 100 are IIT Kharagpur (61), IIT Kanpur (66) and University of Delhi (85).
- China’s Peking University and Tsinghua University are the first and third best universities in the continent while National University of Singapore (NUS) has been ranked second.
3 Indian women feature in 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen List
Three top Indian entrepreneurs have been featured in the Forbes’ Asia’s Power Businesswomen 2022 list. They are among the 20 business leaders who were ranked for their achievements in their current role of running a business with sizeable revenue and demonstrating strong leadership throughout their career.
- Steel Authority of India chairperson Soma Mondal, personal care brand Mamaearth’s co-founder Ghazal Alagh and Emcure Pharma executive director Namita Thapar are the top Indian business leaders in the Asia’s power list.
- Other women who feature on the list include Choi Soo-yeon, CEO of Naver, South Korea’s largest internet company by market capitalisation; Japan’s twin sisters Anna Nakajima and Mizuki Nakajima, co-founders of smartphone gaming app Coly, the youngest on the list; and Wallaya Chirathivat, president director and CEO of Thailand’s largest retail property developer Central Pattana.
YKC Wadiyar received International Kannadiga Rathna award 2022
Yaduveer Krishnaraja Chamaraja (YKC) Wadiyar, a member of the former royal family, has been chosen for the International Kannada Rathna award.
- Every year, Dubai Kannadigas give it away to commemorate Kannada Rajyothsava. The award will be presented to YKC Wadiyar during Vishwa Kannada Habba on November 19 at Sheikh Rashid Auditorium in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in association with Kannadigaru Dubai Sangha as part of celebration of the 67th Kannada Rajyothsava.
- Besides, Vishwamanya Award would be presented to achievers in various fields.