Daily Current Affairs 11 October 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Government launches SUMAN scheme, assures free medicines for pregnant women
Aiming zero preventable maternal and newborn deaths in India, the central government launched the Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan (SUMAN) scheme, under which pregnant women, mothers up to 6 months after delivery, and all sick newborns will be able to avail free healthcare benefits.
- Under the scheme there will be zero expense access to identification and management of complications during and after the pregnancy. The government will also provide free transport from home to health institutions.
India’s first plastic to diesel conversion plant in Mathura gets operational
India’s first plastic to diesel conversation plant in Mathura, UP, which was recently inaugurated by MP Hema Malini, is now become operational from October 11.
- The plant will eliminate five metric tonnes of plastic every day from the city, including non-valuable plastic of less than 50 micron thickness such as carry bags or packing material.
Kejriwal addresses C40 summit via video conferencing
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addressed the ‘C40 Climate Change Summit’ through video conferencing on solutions to tackle air pollution.
- The C40 Summit, which connects more than 90 of the world’s leading cities to take bold climate action and build a healthier and more sustainable future, started in Denmark on October 9 and will conclude on October 12.
Tomar inaugurates first-ever ‘India International Cooperatives Trade Fair’ in New Delhi
Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the first-ever ‘India International Cooperatives Trade Fair'(IICTF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The fair has been jointly organised by National Cooperative Development Corporation in association with the Bangkok-based international organisation NEDAC and leading organisations in India like NAFED, APEDA and ITPO.
SARAS Aajeevika Mela begins in New Delhi
SARAS Aajeevika Mela has begun at India Gate Lawns, in New Delhi. It has been organized by the Ministry of Rural Development under the initiative of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission.
- It aims to bring the rural women Self Help Groups (SHGs) formed with support of DAY-NRLM, under one platform to show-case their skills, sell their products and help them build linkages with bulk buyers.
38th India Carpet Expo held in Varanasi
The 38th India Carpet Expo was held in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. The expo was organized by the Carpet Export Promotion Council (CEPC).
- The India Carpet Expo aims to promote the cultural heritage and weaving skills of Indian hand-made carpets and other floor coverings for the visiting overseas carpet buyers.
ISRO World Space Week exhibition opens in Tiruvannamalai
The two-day ISRO World Space Week-2019 exhibition was inaugurated by District Collector K.S. Kandasamy at Arunai Engineering College in Tiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu. He urged parents to support their children in achieving their goals by exploring science and technology, which was vast when compared with excellence in other subjects.
Piyush Goyal attends 9th RCEP Intersessional Ministerial Meeting in Bangkok
Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal attended the ninth Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial meeting in Bangkok.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
GeM signs MOU with Union Bank of India
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Union Bank of India (UBI). Through this partnership, UBI will be able to offer an array of services including transfer of funds through GeM Pool Accounts (GPA), advising of Performance Bank Guarantees (e-PBG) and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD) to the registered users on the GeM portal.
- The MoU will facilitate a cashless, paperless and transparent payment system on the portal and will create an efficient procurement system for government entities.
Moody’s cuts India GDP growth forecast to 5.8%
International rating agency Moody’s announced the lowering of India’s Gross Domestic Products (GDP) growth to 5.8 per cent. This is lowest projection after the Reserve Bank of India cut the GDP growth to 6.1 per cent earlier this month.
World Bank slashes India growth forecast for FY20 to 6% from 7.5%
The World Bank has sharply cut India’s growth forecast for current fiscal to 6%, down from 7.5% forecast in April, and said the main policy challenge for the country is to address the sources of softening private consumption and the structural factors behind weak investment.
Virat Kohli first Indian to score 40 international hundreds as captain
India skipper Virat Kohli registered his 26th Test century and as a result, became the first Indian to score 40 hundreds as skipper.
- Ricky Ponting has the most international hundreds as a skipper. He had 41 centuries as the captain for Australia in international cricket.
Kohli breaks Don Bradman’s record, now has most 150+ scores as captain
India skipper Virat Kohli surpassed former Australia cricketer Don Bradman to record the most number of 150 plus scores as captain in international cricket.
- Kohli now has nine scores of 150 plus while captaining India, whereas Bradman had eight scores of more than 150.
Kohli achieves another milestone, now has most double hundreds for an Indian batsman
Skipper Virat Kohli scored his seventh double ton and he now has the most number of 200 plus scores for an Indian batsman.
- Kohli surpassed Virender Sehwag in the list for the most number of double hundreds for an Indian batsman. Sehwag had six scores of 200 plus in Test cricket.
Australia break women’s ODI record for most consecutive wins
Australia has broken the record for most consecutive wins in women’s ODI cricket with their 18th triumph on the trot.
- The Aussies surpassed their own record of most consecutive wins, a feat they attained 20 years ago with 17 wins.
Yes Bank appoints Anita Pai as COO, Jasneet Bachal as CMO
Yes Bank Ltd has appointed Anita Pai as chief operating officer (COO) and Jasneet Bachal as chief marketing office (CMO).
Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali wins 2019 Nobel Peace Prize
Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali was awarded the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation.
- He has been awarded this year’s #NobelPeacePrize for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation, and in particular for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea
Saxophonist and Padma Shri awardee Kadri Gopalnath passes away
Renowned saxophonist and Padma Shri awardee Kadri Gopalnath passed away. He was 70. He was suffering from age-related issues.
- He was a recipient of Padma Shri and many other awards.
International Day of the Girl Child
International Day of the Girl Child is an international observance day on October 11 each year; it is also called the Day of Girls and the International Day of the Girl. The observation supports more opportunity for girls and increases awareness of gender inequality faced by girls worldwide based upon their gender. This inequality includes areas such as access to education, nutrition, legal rights, medical care, and protection from discrimination, violence against women and forced child marriage.
- This year’s theme is “GirlForce: Unscripted and unstoppable”.
Click here to read Daily Current Affairs
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 11th October, 2019”
It?s arduous to find educated people on this subject, but you sound like you recognize what you?re speaking about! Thanks