Daily Current Affairs 12 & 13 February 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India to organise 12th World Hindi Conference in Fiji
The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, in partnership with the Government of Fiji, is organising the 12th World Hindi Conference from the 15th to 17th of February, 2023 in Fiji.The 11th World Hindi Conference was held in Mauritius in 2018.
- The High Commissioner of India, Gopal Baglay, extended his warm wishes to the five-member delegation from Sri Lanka that will be participating in the conference. The delegation includes Prof. Lakshman Senevrathne, Prof. Upul Ranjith Hewawitanagamage, and three others.
Himachal CM lays foundation of ‘Himachal Niketan’ in Delhi
To provide accommodation facilities to the students and residents of Himachal Pradesh visiting the national capital, Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu laid the foundation stone of a five-storey ‘Himachal Niketan’ in Dwarka’.
- The building will be made at cost of Rs 57.72 crore. Besides two VIP rooms, there will be 36 general rooms exclusively for the students with all facilities, and 40 other general suites.
- In addition to this, there will be three room-type dormitories for the staff. In all, there will be 81 rooms. It will also have a facility to park around 53 vehicles and 87 two-wheelers in the basement.
PM Modi inaugurates Mumbai campus of Aljamea-tus-Saifiyah Arabic Academy
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Mumbai campus of Aljamea-tus-Saifiyah Arabic Academy, located in Andheri’s Marol.
- Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin, the 53rd al-Dai al-Mutlaq and head of the Dawoodi Bohra Community, will be present to welcome the Prime Minister for the programme.
- This will be the fourth campus of Aljamea-tus-Saifiyah Arabic Academy (also known as Jamea). It is the premier educational institute of the Dawoodi Bohra community. First established over two centuries ago in Surat, Gujarat, in 1810, Jamea seeks to prepare young Dawoodi Bohra men and women for leadership positions within society, global citizens dedicated to serving others and committed to acting in accordance with the values, principles, and ideals imparted to them over the course of their education.
BANKING & FINANCE
SBI’s third specialised branch for start-ups in Gurugram
State Bank of India (SBI) has opened its third specialised branch for start-ups in the country at Gurugram. It will provide end-to-end support to start-ups, from formation of the entity till issuance of IPOs and FPOs.
- After Bengaluru and Mumbai, Gurugram houses the third highest number of unicorns, i.e. start-ups valued at $100 billion or above, in India.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Meta launches #DigitalSuraksha campaign for Safer Internet Day
Meta, announced its partnership with the ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY) for the G20 stay safe online campaign.
- As part of the partnership, the company claims that it will create and share helpful resources in multiple Indian languages through various channels, and spread awareness on how to stay safe online.
- Moreover, Meta has also launched its #DigitalSuraksha campaign to build on the company’s efforts to offer a safer and more inclusive internet to everyone.
World’s leading tennis academy, Peter Burwash International, launches in Pune in partnership with Ileseum Clubs
One of the leading tennis coaching programme, Peter Burwash International (PBI) has tied up with Ileseum Club in Bavdhan, Pune, to have its second training centre in India.
- The first PBI centre at the Padukone-Dravid Centre in Bengaluru has been successfully guiding some of the prominent players like Sahaja Yamalapalli, Shrivalli Bhamidipaty and Rishi Reddy, through its Director Cesar Morales. The High performance centre has over 200 players.
Two-time champion Jean-Eric Vergne wins India’s first-ever Formula E race in Hyderabad
Two-time Formula E champion Jean-Eric Vergne of team DS Penske won the first-ever Formula E race.
- The second position was clinched by New Zealand racer Nick Cassidy, who competes for team Envision Racing. His teammate Sebastian Beumi of Switzerland was third in the race.
- Vergne has been a part of the Formula E scene since its inception in the 2014-15 season and is one of the leading drivers of the championship.
Real Madrid beat Al Hilal to win record fifth Club World Cup
Real Madrid has won the Club World Cup for a record-extending fifth time after beating Saudi Arabia’s Al-Hilal 5-3 in the final in Rabat, Morocco.
- Vinícius Júnior scored twice and assisted Karim Benzema to lead Real Madrid to its record-extending eighth Club World Cup title by beating Saudi Arabia’s Al-Hilal 5-3.
- Madrid last won the tournament in 2018. It also lifted the trophy in 2014, 2016 and 2017. Madrid also won three Intercontinental Cups in 1960, 1998 and 2002 — a match between European and South American champions, which merged with the Club World Cup in 2005.
President Murmu appoints new Governors in 12 states
Four BJP leaders and former Supreme Court judge S Abdul Nazeer, who was part of the Constitution bench that upheld the archaeological report on Ayodhya, were among six new faces appointed as governors.
The President of India made the following appointments:-
- Lt. General Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik, PVSM, UYSM, YSM (Retired) as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
- Lakshman Prasad Acharya as Governor of Sikkim
- C.P. Radhakrishnan as Governor of Jharkhand
- Shiv Pratap Shukla as Governor of Himachal Pradesh
- Gulab Chand Kataria as Governor of Assam
- Justice (Retd.) S. Abdul Nazeer as Governor of Andhra Pradesh
- Biswa Bhusan Harichandan, Governor of Andhra Pradesh appointed as Governor of Chhattisgarh
- ushri Anusuiya Uikye, Governor of Chhattisgarh appointed as Governor of Manipur
- La. Ganesan, Governor of Manipur appointed as Governor of Nagaland
- Phagu Chauhan, Governor of Bihar appointed as Governor of Meghalaya
- Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar, Governor of Himachal Pradesh appointed as Governor of Bihar
- Ramesh Bais, Governor of Jharkhand appointed as Governor of Maharashtra
- Brig. (Dr.) B.D. Mishra (Retd.), Governor of Arunachal Pradesh appointed as Lt. Governor of Ladakh
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Uttar Pradesh government launches portal for ‘One Family, One ID’
The Uttar Pradesh government has launched the portal for the creation of ‘Family ID – One Family One Identity’, to identify families as a unit for implementing the ‘one job per family’ proposal.
- According to a state government, all such families that are not eligible for the National Food Security Scheme will be able to avail of the ID, while the ration card ID of the families having it, will be considered as their family ID.
- A unique identity will be issued to each family under the One Family One Identity scheme, thereby establishing a live comprehensive database of family units of the state.