Daily Current Affairs 13 January 2023 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
India’s first School of Logistics, Waterways and Communication launched in Agartala
Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, along with Tripura Chief Minister Dr. Manik Saha, inaugurated the School of Logistics, Waterways and Communication in Agartala.
- This new institution aims to provide world-class education and training to the region’s talented individuals, allowing them to excel in the transportation and logistics industry.
- The school’s mission is to tap into the economic potential of the Northeast by harnessing the human resources of the region’s waterways and transportation sector, as outlined by Minister Sonowal.
India, Japan to hold joint air exercise Veer Guardian 2023
Furthering air defence cooperation, India and Japan are commenced the maiden joint air exercise Veer Guardian 2023. Indian Air Force (IAF) and Japan Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) hold the first bilateral air exercise at Hyakuri Air Base in Japan from 12 January 2023 to 26 January 2023.
- This maiden air exercise also be the first time when an Indian Air Force woman fighter pilot would be part of the Indian contingent for aerial wargames in a foreign land.
- During the joint air exercise Veer Guardian 2023, the participating IAF contingent will include four Su-30 MKI, two C-17 & one IL-78 aircraft. On the other hand, the JASDF contingent will consist of four F-2 & four F-15 aircraft.
30% women’s reservation bill approved by Uttarakhand governor
Uttarakhand Governor Lt Gen Gurmit Singh (retd) has given his consent to a Bill providing 30 per cent horizontal reservation to domiciled women of the state in government jobs.
- Uttarakhand Public Services (Horizontal Reservation for Women) Bill, 2022 was passed by the state assembly on November 29 last year.
- With the governor’s consent to the Bill, it has become an Act, an official said
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Petrol blended with 20% ethanol from April 1
The phased roll-out of E20 (20 per cent ethanol blending in gasoline) will begin on April 1, Petroleum Minister Hardeep Singh Puri has said. The fuel will be available at select outlets and will not require changes to car engines.
- The proposed roll-out will give further impetus to the government’s plans of achieving the level of 20 per cent ethanol blending in the overall petrol supply in the country by ethanol supply year (ESY) 2025-2026.
- The deadline for achieving this had been brought forward from 2030 as the supply of raw ethanol has grown at a fast clip.
France captain Hugo Lloris announces retirement from international football
France team captain Hugo Lloris announced his decision to retire from international football at the age of 36.
- Lloris represented France in four World Cups and three Euros and captained Les Blues to the World Cup trophy in 2018. The Tottenham Hotspur shotstopper led his team to the World Cup final in Qatar, where they were beaten by Argentina on penalties.
- The 36-year-old holds many records and is France’s most capped player with 145 appearances to his name. Lloris made his debut for Les Blues back in November 2008. He was handed the armband two years after his international debut and would go on to captain France in 121 matches.
Santhi Kumari appointed as First Woman Chief Secretary of Telangana
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao appointed senior IAS officer Santhi Kumari as the state’s chief secretary in place of Somesh Kumar
- Santhi, who has tenure until April 2025, became the first woman to hold the office of Telangana chief secretary, the highest bureaucratic position in a state.
Harry Brook, Ashleigh Gardner named ICC Players of the December Month
Australia allrounder Ashleigh Gardner and England’s Harry Brook have won the ICC Player of the Month Awards for December following their sparkling show at the international level.
- While Gardner produced an excellent all-round show during a bilateral T20I series against India, Brook continued his rise with an eye-catching show in the Pakistan Test series.
- Gardner won the award after his impressive individual performance in the series against India in December 2022. He received this award leaving behind Charlie Dean of England and Suzie Bates of New Zealand.
Kerala Govt’s Year of Enterprises project gets recognition for ‘best practice model’ to promote MSMEs
The Kerala government’s year of enterprises project, under which more than one lakh enterprises were created in eight months, has been selected as one of the best practices model.
- The project has been selected as a best practices model in thrust on MSMEs session during the just concluded Chief Secretaries National Conference held in the national capital.
- Started in the current fiscal, the project was aimed at creating one lakh enterprises in one year.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
MS Dhoni, Garuda Aerospace launch surveillance drone named Droni
Former India cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and drone market Garuda Aerospace have launched a a surveillance drone named ‘Droni.’
- Dhoni is an ambassador-cum-investor in the low-cost drone manufacturer. Dhoni had unveiled the camera drone called Droni at The Global Drone Expo in Chennai last year. Droni is a battery-operated quadcopter surveillance drone.
Former Union Minister Sharad Yadav passes away at 75
Veteran politician and former JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav died at a private hospital in Gurugram. He was 75.
- Yadav was elected to the Lok Sabha seven times and was a three-time member of Rajya Sabha. He was the national president of Janata Dal (United) from its formation in 2003 till year 2016.