Daily Current Affairs 13 June 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
J-K LG rolls out accidental insurance cover of Rs 15 lakh for govt employees
Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha rolled out an accidental insurance cover of Rs 15 lakh for government employees in the union territory.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank will extend the insurance cover. Sinha also launched the bank’s ‘Phone Pe Loan’ facility for government employees.
- The free group personal insurance cover is extended to all permanent employees, in addition to the offers that they are entitled to under an agreement between the bank and the Jammu and Kashmir government.
- The bank has contracted with Oriental Insurance Company for extending the cover, the spokesman said.
- Under the ‘Phone Pe Loan’ scheme, the salaried employees can avail personal consumption loan and cash credit facilities at discounted rate of interest, the spokesman said.
NHIDCL signs MoU with IIT-Roorkee for sharing knowledge on innovative ideas, technology in highway engineering
An MoU has been signed between the National Highways Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Roorkee for sharing knowledge on innovative ideas as well as technologies in the field of highway engineering.
- This MoU’s purpose is to establish the basis of collaboration between both the parties such that the NHIDCL and IIT-Roorkee can take up various activities that are of common interest such as sharing knowledge on innovative ideas, technologies in highway engineering, as well as other infra, works as per mutually agreed terms and conditions.
NCPCR launches “CiSS application” under Baal Swaraj portal to help rehabilitation of children in street situations
The National Commission for the Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has launched a “CiSS application” under the Baal Swaraj portal to help in the rehabilitation process of Children in Street Situations. (CiSS)
- Baal Swaraj is a portal launched by NCPCR for online tracking and digital real-time monitoring mechanism of children in need of care and protection. The portal has two functions- COVID care and CiSS. COVID Care link caters to the children who have lost either or both parents due to COVID-19 or otherwise post March 2020.
- This portal, developed by, NCPCR is a first-of-its-kind initiative in India to help children in street situations. The CiSS application is used for receiving data of children in street situations from all the states and union territories, tracking their rescue and rehabilitation process. The initiative is taken under the direction of the Supreme Court of India.
India finalises deals for cheetahs from South Africa and Namibia
India will release cheetahs from South Africa and Namibia into the wild at Kuno Palpur in Sheopur district of Madhya Pradesh, possibly by the end of this year, officials said, as the government has finalised deals to get the planet’s fastest animals that became extinct in the country in the middle of last century.
- This would initiate India’s ambitious plan of transcontinental relocation of cheetahs. To begin with, there will be 12 cheetahs from South Africa and eight from Namibia. More would follow in subsequent years.
‘Hyper-Sensitive’ Airports to install Intrusion Detection System by 2023
All “hyper-sensitive” airports in the country will have to install a perimeter intrusion detection system by December next year, the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security said in a circular.
- The Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) is a sensor which helps in alerting security agencies of any intrusion through the boundary walls of the airport.
- Greenfield airports that are not part of the government’s Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) will also install PIDS.
India extends Sri Lanka $55 mn credit line for fertiliser imports
The Indian government has decided to extend a Line of Credit (LOC) of USD 55 million to Sri Lanka for the procurement of Urea Fertiliser.
- This credit line was extended in response to an urgent request from the Government of Sri Lanka (GOSL), amid the ongoing economic crisis.
- This credit line will help Sri Lankan government secure urea fertilizer for the ongoing paddy sowing ‘Yala’ season.
Bharat BillPay onboards CRED as a key agent institution
NPCI Bharat BillPay, the wholly-owned subsidiary of National Payments Corp. of India (NPCI) has on-boarded CRED as a key agent institution (AI) to provide bill payment solutions to CRED users.
- AIs are entities that offer or wish to offer bill payment, collection and aggregation services to their customers through physical or digital channels.
- With this collaboration, CRED users can make recurring payments on utility bills including electricity , telecom, DTH, water and gas, education fees, municipal taxes, NETC FASTag recharge, loan EMIs, insurance premiums, subscription fees and mobile prepaid recharges, among other payments by logging into the CRED app.
UNGA adopts resolution on multilingualism, mentions Hindi for first time
In a significant initiative, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) has adopted an India-sponsored resolution on multilingualism that mentions the Hindi language for the first time.
- The resolution passed encourages the UN to continue disseminating important communications and messages in official as well as in non-official languages, including in Hindi language.
India among 12 economies on currency ‘Monitoring List’ of US treasury
India remained on the US treasury department’s currency “Monitoring List” of major trading partners as Washington placed India along with 11 other major economies that merit close attention to their currency practices and macroeconomic policies.
- The countries are China, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Italy, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam and Mexico, said the US Department of Treasury in its semi-annual Report to Congress on Macroeconomic and Foreign Exchange Policies of Major Trading Partners of the United States.
- All except Taiwan and Vietnam (which were subject to enhanced engagement) were on the Monitoring List in the December 2021 Report
Ecuador, Japan, Malta, Mozambique, Switzerland Elected to the UNSC
Ecuador, Japan, Malta, Mozambique, and Switzerland were elected to the United Nations Security Council as non-permanent members for the 2023-2024 term, and took over the horseshoe table from India, Ireland, Kenya, Mexico, and Norway on January 1, 2023. India has been at the vanguard of the 15-nation Council’s reform efforts for years.
BANKING & FINANCE
Fino Payments Bank partners with Go Digit for shop insurance policy
Fino Payments Bank has announced a partnership with Go Digit General Insurance to offer shop insurance policy to small and medium businesses. Fino Payments Bank is associated with Go Digit as a corporate agent and it already offers motor and group health insurance in association with Digit Insurance.
Ather Energy partners SBI for customer retail finance
Electric two-wheeler manufacturer Ather Energy has partnered State Bank of India to provide customers with vehicle financing. As part of the association Ather Energy customers will get instant loans at interest rates as low as 9.55 percent per annum.
- Pre-approved loans will also be administered, depending on the buyer’s creditworthiness. SBI will offer the vehicle loans on their YONO mobile application as well as at their branch network, as the public sector lender ensures ease of adoption for the buyers.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Investment of Rs 7243 cr done under fishery scheme PMMSY
The government said project investment of Rs 7,242.90 crore has been made in last two years under Padhan Mantri Matsya Samapada Yojana (PMMSY), while announcing the launch of a dashboard of this flagship scheme.
- PMMSY, launched in May 2020, is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country with an estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crore for its implementation during a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
- A Management Information System (MIS) dashboard for PMMSY has been put in place for aggregating information on one platform.
India’s FDI rank rises to 7th position despite falling inflows: UNCTAD
India jumped one position to 7th among the top recipients of foreign direct investment (FDI) in the last calendar year (2021) despite FDI inflows into the country declining, according to the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
- In its latest World Investment Report, UNCTAD said FDI inflows into India declined to $45 billion in 2021 from $64 billion in the preceding year. While the United States ($367 billion) remained the top recipient of FDI, China ($181 billion) and Hong Kong ($141 billion) also retained second and third position respectively.
Flipkart and Spices Board join hands for national access for spice farmers
India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace Flipkart has joined hands with the Spices Board to provide promote and provide national access to farmers and grassroots organisations working in the spices sector from all regions of the country.
- For this purpose, Flipkart announced a partnership through a Terms of Understanding (ToU) with Flavourit Spices Trading Limited (FSTL), an initiative of the Spices Board.
- The ToU was signed under the Flipkart Samarth program, which aims to empower MSMEs, artisans, entrepreneurs, and rural seller and farmer communities selling products associated with rich cultural heritage through Flipkart’s e-commerce platform.
Magnus Carlsen wins 5th Norway Chess title
Magnus Carlsen has now won half of the 10 editions of Norway Chess, and the last four in a row, after a nerve-wracking final day of the 2022 event. The World Champion was held to a draw by Veselin Topalov, so that Shakhriyar Mamedyarov would have won the title if he’d beaten his countryman Teimour Radjabov in classical chess.
Swapnil Kusale, Ashi Chouksey win mixed team gold, India end Baku ISSF WC second on medal tally
Swapnil Kusale and Ashi Chouksey drew curtains on India’s campaign at the ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun in Baku, Azerbaijan with a gold medal in the 50m rifle 3 positions mixed team competition in Baku. The pair beat Ukranian’s Serhiy Kulish and Daria Tykhova 16-12 in the gold medal match.
Bangladesh Permanent Representative to UN Rabab Fatima appointed Assistant Secretary General
Ambassador Rabab Fatima, Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations has been appointed as the Under Secretary General of the United Nations.
- She will also be High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries, and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS).
- She succeeds Courtenay Rattray of Jamaica who was appointed as the Chef de Cabinet.
- Ambassador Rabab Fatima is the first woman diplomat from Bangladesh to be appointed to this post. With her appointment as Assistant Secretary General to the UN, Rabab Fatima has become the highest ranking official of Bangladesh under the UN system.
UN Chief Appoints Ex-Indian Diplomat Amandeep Singh Gill as Envoy on Technology
Former Indian diplomat Amandeep Singh Gill was named by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as his envoy on technology on June 10 to oversee programmes for international digital collaboration. The nomination was announced by Guterres’ spokesperson Stephane Dujarric, who described Gill as a “thought leader on digital technology”.
- Additionally, Pakistani diplomat Navid Hanif was designated assistant secretary-general for economic development.
31 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 13th June, 2022”
Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is amazing, great written and come with almost all vital infos. I would like to see extra posts like this .
These days of austerity plus relative stress about incurring debt, some people balk about the idea of employing a credit card to make purchase of merchandise or maybe pay for a holiday, preferring, instead only to rely on the actual tried in addition to trusted means of making payment – hard cash. However, if you have the cash available to make the purchase fully, then, paradoxically, that is the best time for them to use the card for several good reasons.
I?d should examine with you here. Which isn’t one thing I usually do! I take pleasure in reading a submit that can make individuals think. Additionally, thanks for permitting me to comment!
Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thanks Nonetheless I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don?t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting similar rss drawback? Anyone who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx
Fantastic web site. A lot of useful info here. I?m sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks for your sweat!
There are some interesting deadlines on this article but I don?t know if I see all of them heart to heart. There may be some validity however I’ll take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like extra! Added to FeedBurner as properly
Thank you, I have recently been searching for information approximately this topic for ages and yours is the greatest I have came upon so far. However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive about the supply?
Another thing I’ve noticed is always that for many people, poor credit is the reaction to circumstances over and above their control. For example they may have been saddled with an illness so that they have excessive bills for collections. It might be due to a job loss or maybe the inability to do the job. Sometimes divorce process can truly send the financial circumstances in a downward direction. Many thanks for sharing your notions on this blog site.
I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty. You’re incredible! Thanks!
My brother suggested I would possibly like this web site. He used to be totally right. This post truly made my day. You can not consider just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
Someone essentially help to make seriously articles I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular publish extraordinary. Wonderful job!
You should take part in a contest for probably the greatest blogs on the web. I will advocate this website!
I used to be suggested this blog by my cousin. I am no longer certain whether this publish is written by way of him as no one else realize such unique about my trouble. You are wonderful! Thanks!
The unique payment platform that earns you INSTANT CASH BACK on everything you’re buying, at stores where you’re already shopping.
We are the Worlds Largest Cannabis Seedbank with over 100,000 marijuana seed strains in stock.
Thanks for your post. My spouse and i have often noticed that most people are desirous to lose weight as they wish to show up slim and also attractive. Nevertheless, they do not generally realize that there are additional benefits just for losing weight in addition. Doctors assert that over weight people suffer from a variety of ailments that can be instantly attributed to their particular excess weight. The great news is that people who’re overweight and suffering from numerous diseases can help to eliminate the severity of the illnesses simply by losing weight. It is easy to see a steady but noted improvement with health when even a moderate amount of fat loss is realized.
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I’ll definitely be back.
whoah this weblog is wonderful i love studying your articles. Stay up the good paintings! You already know, lots of persons are looking around for this information, you can help them greatly.
I do agree with all the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for novices. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.
you’ve a terrific weblog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my blog?
Thanks a lot for your post. I would like to say that the expense of car insurance differs from one insurance policy to another, given that there are so many different facets which bring about the overall cost. Such as, the brand name of the motor vehicle will have an enormous bearing on the fee. A reliable old family vehicle will have a lower priced premium over a flashy fancy car.
Today, with the fast way of living that everyone leads, credit cards get this amazing demand throughout the market. Persons out of every area are using the credit card and people who are not using the card have made up their minds to apply for one. Thanks for revealing your ideas about credit cards.
Heya i?m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.
Thanks for your submission. I also believe laptop computers have become more and more popular these days, and now are often the only type of computer used in a household. It is because at the same time that they’re becoming more and more affordable, their working power keeps growing to the point where these are as potent as personal computers through just a few years back.
That is the right weblog for anybody who needs to search out out about this topic. You notice so much its virtually laborious to argue with you (not that I truly would want?HaHa). You positively put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply great!
Helpful info. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally, and I’m stunned why this coincidence didn’t came about in advance! I bookmarked it.
I just like the valuable information you supply on your articles. I will bookmark your blog and take a look at once more here regularly. I am slightly certain I?ll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
I don?t even know how I ended up right here, but I thought this submit was once great. I don’t realize who you are but certainly you are going to a well-known blogger should you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!
Hello there, just become aware of your weblog via Google, and found that it’s really informative. I?m gonna be careful for brussels. I will be grateful should you proceed this in future. Lots of folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Undeniably imagine that that you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest factor to consider of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed even as other folks think about issues that they just do not understand about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you
Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Very useful information specifically the final part 🙂 I take care of such info a lot. I used to be looking for this particular information for a long time. Thanks and good luck.