Daily Current Affairs 13 November 2017 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Government plans Rs 3,600 crore subsidy to telcos for BharatNet
The government has launched phase 2 of BharatNet to connect 1.5 lakh gram panchayats with high-speed broadband by March 2019.
- It proposed a subsidy of Rs 3,600 crore to private telcos such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India, Idea Cellular and Reliance Jio through viability gap funding, for setting up Wi-Fi in rural areas as part of the second phase of the BharatNet project.
- With Phase 1 of BharatNet set to complete by the end of 2017 – which will give fibre connectivity to 1 lakh gram panchayats at an investment of Rs 11,200 crore – the government intends to double the fibre to 20 lakh km by March 2019 under phase 2 of the project, with an overall investment of Rs 34,000 crore.
Biggest Asean-India business summit in Delhi in January
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a visit to Philippines to attend the 15th India-Asean Summit and the 12th East Asia Summit. There he announced that the largest so far Asean-India business and investment summit is slated to be held in New Delhi in January , 2018.
WCD Ministry to Host ‘Hausala 2017’ to Celebrate ‘Child Rights Week’
The Ministry of Women and Child Development would be celebrating the Child Rights Week by hosting ‘Hausala 2017’ festival from 16-20 November 2017. The festival will be hosted by the Ministry as an Inter CCI Festival for the children who reside in Child Care Institutions (CCIs).
- The week was chosen as the nation celebrates the Children’s Day on 14 November and the International Child Rights Day is celebrated annually on 20 November.
Cap on number of Vaishno Devi pilgrims
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) directed the authorities to restrict the number of pilgrims visiting the Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir to 50,000 a day, to avoid any mishap.
- The Tribunal also ordered the opening of the new path for pedestrians from November 24. The new path for pedestrians and battery-operated vehicles was constructed at a cost of Rs 40 crore.
Northeast to get India’s first air dispensary: DONER Minister
Minister of Development of North East Region (DONER) Jitendra Singh announced that the northeast region will get India’s first Air Dispensary. For the air dispensary, which will be based in a helicopter, the government has contributed Rs 25 crore as initial funding.
IORA to set up Centre of Excellence in Kochi
The Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA), common platform of 21 countries including India and geographically bordering Indian Ocean, is to set up a Centre of Excellence in Kochi.
IORA is a regional forum of countries, tripartite in nature, bringing together representatives of government, business and academia, for promoting co-operation and closer interaction among Indian Ocean bordering countries. The headquarters of IORA is located at Ebene, Mauritius.
- The opening of the IORA Centre of Excellence in Kochi is aimed at facilitating the exchange of research findings and studies, in the field of fisheries and ocean studies, among its member nations.
NBCC to redevelop 10 railway stations by 2020 with amenities similar to airports
Ten railway stations spread across the country are set to be redeveloped with airport-like amenities with an investment of Rs 5,000 crore. The deadline for completion of work is 2020. The redevelopment will be done by a state-run infra arm NBCC.
- The 10 stations are Delhi Sarai Rohilla, Lucknow, Gomti Nagar, Kota, Tirupati, Nellore, Ernakulam, Puducherry, Madgaon and Thane.
Rice Field laboratory in Manila named after PM Modi
While on his visit to Philippines, PM Narendra Modi visited the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) in Los Banos, Philippines and inaugurated ‘Shri Narendra Modi Resilient Rice Field Laboratory’. He also presented two Indian rice seed varieties to the IRRI gene bank.
Nepal to hold South Asia Economic Summit from tomorrow
Nepal will host a three-day summit in Kathmandu to strengthen economic integration in the sub-region for attaining inclusive and sustainable development. It will be tenth South Asia Economic Summit which will start tomorrow (14th November).
- The main theme of the summit will be strengthening economic integration in the sub-region for attaining inclusive and sustainable development.
Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) Summit Held in Vietnam
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Economic Leaders’ Meeting was held in Da Nang, Vietnam. The theme of this meeting was ‘Creating New Dynamism, Fostering a Shared Future’.
- This was the first APEC meeting for several leaders including United States President Donald Trump, South Korean President Moon Jae-in and New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern. The APEC summit for 2018 will be held in Papua New Guinea.
Nepal scraps 1200-MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric project with China
Citing irregularities, the Nepal government has scrapped the contract awarded to China’s Gejuwa Group for the construction of Budhi Gandaki hydropower project.
- Budhi Gandaki Hydropower Project is a storage type project located in Central/ Western Development region on the Budhi Gandaki River of Nepal.
Sidbi, Crisil to launch sentiment index for MSME sector
Sidbi and Crisil joined hands to launch sentiment index for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME), which will indicate the current state and expected outlook on the sector every quarter.
- The index, named as CriSidEx, is expected to provide crucial insights into employment, business environment and foreign trade in the MSME sector.
Mithali Raj named Sportswoman of the Year
Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj bagged the Indian Sportswoman of the Year (Team Sports) award at the Indian Sports Honours (ISH) event held in Mumbai. Further, Mithali-led Indian team, which ended as runners-up in the World Cup, won the Team of the Year award.
Sebastian Vettel wins Brazilian Grand Prix
Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel won his fifth race of the Formula One season at the Brazilian Grand Prix to all but secure second place in the driver’s championship.
- Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas took second place while Kimi Raikkonen claimed third.
Nadal honoured with ATP World Tour No. 1 Trophy
Spain’s Rafael Nadal was presented with ATP World No. 1 award, as he became the oldest player to finish as year-end world number one in ATP rankings history. This is the 31-year-old’s fourth time finishing the year as world number one.
Click here to read Current Affairs in English
Click here to read Current Affairs in Hindi
2 Thoughts to “Daily Current Affairs 13th November, 2017”
Thanks mam 🙂
Thank you .AZ