Daily Current Affairs 14 December 2022 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Uttarakhand plans Genetic Enhancement of its Indigenous Badri Cow
Uttarakhand Government is planning for genetic enhancement of Badri Cow through sex-sorted semen and embryo transfer technology with the aim to increase its productivity.
- The Badri breed derived its name from the holy shrine of Char Dham at Badrinath. It is found only in the hill districts of Uttarakhand and was earlier known as the ‘pahadi’ cow.
Forest Department launched project ‘Vanikaran’ in Kerala
The Forest department in association with Noolpuzha grama panchayat has launched the ‘Vanikaran’ (afforestation) project to root out invasive plants, especially Senna spectabilis, and restore natural forests.
- The project was being executed on 30 hectares of forestland under the Sulthan Bathery forest range of the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, where exotic invasive plants, including Senna spectabilis, Eupatorium, Mikania micrantha, and Lantana camara, were posing a serious threat to the local species of trees.
Divya TS won gold in Women’s Air Pistol National Shooting Championship 2022
Karnataka’s Divya TS secured her maiden women’s 10m air pistol national title, getting the better of Uttar Pradesh’s Sanskriti Bana in a close gold medal match at the 65th National Shooting Championship. Divya beat Sanskriti 16-14 in the gold medal match and Haryana’s Rhythm Sangwan claimed the bronze.
- Olympian Manu Bhaker won the junior women’s air pistol gold with a similarly tight 17-13 victory over Telangana’s Esha Singh.Rhythm was yet again in bronze position, although she did win the gold in the Youth category, with a 16-12 win over Sanskriti.
- In the women’s air pistol qualification, Manu topped the field with a score of 583, Esha was fifth with a score of 576, Divya was ranked third with 578 and Sanskriti fourth with 577. Rhythm was sixth with 575.
- Divya then topped the ranking round with a score of 254.2, while Sanskriti was second with 251.6.
- In the juniors, Manu topped the top eights with a score of 252.4, 0.5 ahead of second placed Esha. Rhythm finished with 248.
England’s Joe Root joins Elite List with 10000+ Test Runs and 50+ Wickets
Former England skipper Joe Root became only the third cricketer in history to score 10000 runs and pick up 50 wickets in Test cricket. He achieved the feat during the ongoing second Test against Pakistan in Multan.
- Root reached the milestone when he dismissed Faheem Ashraf in the 70th over of Pakistan’s second innings at the Multan Cricket Stadium.
- It was a tossed-up delivery from the off-spinner and Faheem tried to push at it. The ball turned very little to take the batter’s edge and presented a simple catch to Zak Crawley at slips.
WHO names Sir Jeremy Farrar as its new chief scientist
World Health Organization (WHO) announced that Dr Jeremy Farrar will become its new Chief Scientist. Currently, Director of the Wellcome Trust, Dr Farrar will join WHO in the second quarter of 2023.
- As WHO’s Chief Scientist, Dr Farrar will oversee the Science Division, bringing together the best brains in science and innovation from around the world to develop and deliver high quality health services to the people who need them most, no matter who they are and where they live.
- Dr Amelia Latu Afuhaamango Tuipulotu will become WHO’s Chief Nursing Officer. Previously Minister for Health of the Kingdom of Tonga, and before that Tonga’s Chief Nursing Officer, Dr Tuipulotu will join WHO in the first quarter of 2023.
Senior Dr. PC Rath Elected As President Of Cardiological Society Of India
Senior cardiologist from Hyderabad, Dr P C Rath has been elected as president of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI) for the year 2023-24, in the annual meeting held at Chennai.
- Dr. P C Rath, who is currently heading Cardiology wing at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, is credited for pioneering several heart procedures including complex coronary angioplasty and stenting, robotic angioplasty and TAVI.
UIDAI topped the Grievance Redressal Index for the Fourth Consecutive Month in November
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has once again awarded first rank amongst all Group A Ministries, Departments and Autonomous Bodies for resolution of public grievances in the rankings report published by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) for November 2022. This is the fourth month in a row when UIDAI has topped the said rankings.
- UIDAI’s new Open-Source CRM (customer relationship management) system is enhancing user experience and improving service delivery to the residents.
- This system has the capability to support multiple channels like phone call, e-mail, chatbot, web portal, social media, letter, and walk-in through which the grievances can be registered, tracked and resolved effectively.
Hurun Global 500 rankings: India ranked 5th in the list of valuable companies
India has added nine new entities to take its tally to 20 in the list of top global 500 companies and moved up four places to the fifth rank in the Hurun Global 500 rankings released.
- Led by energy giant Reliance Industries with market capitalisation of $202 billion, the list includes Tata Consultancy ($139 billion) and HDFC Bank ($97 billion).
- Billionaire Gautam Adani controlled Adani Group has debuted in the global top 500 companies list with four companies — Adani Enterprises ($63 billion), Adani Transmission ($44 billion), Adani Total Gas ($43 billion) and Adani Green Energy ($40 billion).
- The other new entrants in the list from India include ITC ($52 billion), Avenue Supermarts ($33 billion), Axis Bank ($33 billion), Bajaj Finserv ($32 billion) and Larson & Toubro ($32 billion). Interestingly, 50 per cent or 250 companies in the Hurun Global 500 companies have presence in India.
J&K Awarded 1st Prize in Category For Ayushman Bharat Health Account ID Generation
Jammu and Kashmir has been awarded 1st prize in the category for Ayushman Bharat health account ID generation and 2nd prize in the category for Teleconsultation conducted during the celebration of Universal Health Coverage Day 2022 which is being celebrated on 10th and 11th December at International Cooperation and Convention Centre, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Universal Health Coverage Day is celebrated every year to commemorate the significance of Universal health coverage which aims to ensure quality healthcare closer to the people without any financial hardships.
Meghalaya Health Department awarded for best practice in Tuberculosis ACSM
The Meghalaya government, which has adopted a ‘jan andolan’ (people’s movement) against Tuberculosis, received an award for best practices in controlling the disease that affects 2.6 million people in India every year, officials said.
- The award for Best Practice in Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilisation in Tuberculosis control was presented to representatives of the health department at a national workshop, aimed at ending TB infections, in the national capital.