Daily Current Affairs 14 July 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Government of India has launches “LaQshya”
Government of India has launched “LaQshya” (Labour room Quality improvement Initiative) to improve quality of care in labour room and maternity operation theatres in public health facilities. It’s a multipronged approach focused at Intrapartum and immediate postpartum period.
- Its aim is to reduce preventable maternal and newborn mortality, morbidity and stillbirths associated with the care around delivery in Labour room and Maternity Operation Theatre and ensure respectful maternity care.
Russia launches Spektr-RG, a New X-Ray Observatory, into Space
The Russian space agency has launched Proton-M rocket carrying the Spektr-RG(Spectrum Roentgen Gamma) space telescope from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India to overtake Japan to become 3rd largest economy in 2025
India will overtake the UK to become the world’s fifth biggest economy in 2019, and is poised to surpass Japan to be the third largest in 2025, according to IHS Markit.
- The key goal as mentioned in the latest annual Economic Survey is to transform India from a $3 trillion economy in 2019 to a $5 trillion economy by 2025, lifting India into the ranks of the world’s upper-middle-income countries.
Amir khan wins WBC international welterweight title
Olympic silver medallist Amir Khan clinched the WBC international welterweight title after knocking out Australian Billy Dib in the fourth round of his bout in the inaugural Super Boxing League in Jeddah.
Boxer Vijender Singh clinches 11th consecutive victory in US professional circuit debut bout
Indian boxing star Vijender Singh remained an unstoppable force, clinching a Technical Knockout over the more experienced Mike Snider on his debut in the US professional circuit.
Simona Halep wins maiden Wimbledon title
Romanian Simona Halep stunned Serena Williams 6-2, 6-2 in the finals to win her maiden Wimbledon title.
FIFA U-17 World Cup 2019 to be hosted by Brazil
The Estádio Bezerrão in Brasília (Gama) will make football history on 26 October 2019 when it hosts the opening match of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the first-ever edition of this prestigious tournament to be staged in Brazil.
- Three cities and four stadiums will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup Brazil 2019
Farooq Khan appointed as Chief Advisor to J-K Governor
Lakshadweep Administrator Farooq Khan has been appointed as the Chief Security Advisor to Jammu and Kashmir Governor, Satya Pal Malik.
- He is a former IPS and Inspector General of Police in Jammu and Kashmir.
Navjot Singh Sidhu resigns as Punjab minister
Congress leader Navjot Singh Sidhu has resigned as minister from the Punjab cabinet. The Congress leader posted his resignation letter dated June 10, addressed to Rahul Gandhi.
Kaushik Ganguly’s ‘Nagarkirtan’ wins at SAARC film fest
Director Kaushik Ganguly’s Bengali outing ‘Nagarkirtan‘, a love story of a transwoman and a flautist, has won big at this year’s SAARC film festival, bagging four awards, including ‘Best Feature Film’.
- At the ninth edition of the SAARC fest in Colombo, ‘Nagarkirtan’ was honoured with ‘Best Feature Film’, ‘Best Director’, ‘Best Actor’ and ‘Best Original Score’ awards.