Daily Current Affairs 14 November 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Maa Annapurna idol stolen from UP back from Canada after 100 years
An idol of Maa Annapurna that was stolen from Varanasi about 100 years ago and later found in Canada recently was handed over to the Uttar Pradesh government.
- The idol will be installed at the Kashi Vishwanath Temple. The idol is 17 cm in height and 9 cm in breadth.
Bhadrachalam in Telengana added as a destination in the IRCTC’s Ramayana Circuit train
The Hindu pilgrimage site Bhadrachalam in Telangana has been added as one of the destinations in the Ramayana Circuit of the Pilgrim Special Train of IRCTC.
- The Ramayana Circuit Train will connect all the important locations across the country associated with the life of Lord Rama.
- The Ramayana Yatra special train was inaugurated from Delhi on November 7 and will return to Delhi on November 23 after 17 days journey.
BANKING & FINANCE
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance partners IPPB, Department of Posts; launches 2 new products
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance has entered into a tripartite partnership with the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) and the Department of Posts (DoP), launching two insurance products to tap the vast rural customers across the country.
- Under the partnership, the rural customers can access Bajaj Allianz Life Smart Protect Goal and Bajaj Allianz Life Guaranteed Pension Goal, the term and annuity products, respectively.
- The partnership aims to enable the customers, particularly from the weaker sections and living in un-banked and underserved areas, so that they can be financially secure.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Maharashtra govt signs MoU with RMI to promote electric mobility
The Maharashtra government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian arm of the USA-based Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) to support adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) in Maharashtra.
- Under the signing that took place at the United Nations Conference on Climate Change (COP26), RMI will provide technical support to implement state’s recently launched EV Policy.
- The MoU will focus on supporting adoption and promotion of Electric Vehicles (EVs) under Maharashtra’s new electric vehicle (EV) policy.
Women’s cricket to make its debut in 2022 Commonwealth Games with India taking on Australia
India will face Australia in the opening match when women’s cricket makes its debut at the 2022 Commonwealth Games on July 29 while the final will be played on August 7, the event organisers announced. India will take on Pakistan on July 31.
- Women’s cricket is making its debut at the Commonwealth Games with the T20 format. The last time cricket was played in the multi-sporting showpiece was in the 1998 edition in Kuala Lumpur.
India confers honorary rank of General on Nepal Army Chief
Nepal Army Chief General Prabhu Ram Sharma was conferred the honorary rank of General of the Indian Army by President Ram Nath Kovind at a ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- It is a customary practice by the two countries to confer the honorary rank of General on each other’s Army Chiefs.
- Gen. Sharma, an alumnus of the Nepali Military Academy, was commissioned into the Army in March 1984. He took over as the Chief of the Army Staff on September 9, 2021.
World Antimicrobial Awareness Week
The World Health Organization annually hosts the World Antibiotic Awareness Week (WAAW), also known as World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WHO). WAAW will be observed this year from November 18 to November 24.
- The event’s major objective is to raise global awareness of antibiotic or antimicrobial resistance.
- WAAW 2021 will have the theme ‘Spread Awareness, Stop Resistance.’ While World Antimicrobial Awareness Week’s primary tagline is ‘Antimicrobials: Handle with Care.’