Daily Current Affairs 15 November for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
NOTE: To read complete Current Affairs, subscribe to our plan. All important news are not covered here.
Indian Railways in collaboration with IRCTC to launch Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train
In a move to promote Dekho Apna Desh and Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat initiatives, Indian Railways, in collaboration with IRCTC, is set to launch the Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train.
- Departing from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus on Friday, the circular route will cover iconic destinations such as Mumbai, Pune, Solapur, Guntakal, Renigunta, Rameshwaram, Madurai, Kanyakumari, Kochuveli, and back to CSMT on 25th of this month.
- The train, offering Economy, Comfort, and Deluxe options, aims to showcase India’s rich cultural and religious heritage to both domestic and international tourists. It informed that halts for boarding and deboarding include major stations like Thane, Pune, Solapur, Kanyakumari, and more.
PM Modi launches PM-PVTG mission And Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra on Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM-PVTG Development Mission, a scheme meant for the overall development of around 28 lakh people from Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups in a special programme to mark the birth anniversary of tribal freedom fighter Birsa Munda on November 15, which has been celebrated as Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas for three years now.
- During the programme, the Prime Minister launched ‘Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra’ and Pradhan Mantri Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups Development Mission. He also released the 15th installment of PM-KISAN.
- Shri Modi also laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the nation multiple development projects in Jharkhand worth Rs 7200 crores in multiple sectors like rail, road, Education, Coal, Petroleum and Natural Gas. He also took a walkthrough of the exhibition showcased on the occasion.
Yogi Government sets up URIDA to push infra development
The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has set up the Urban Road Infrastructure Development Agency (URIDA) in a big push to infra development in the state.
- The Yogi government recently approved the Chief Minister Green Road Infrastructure Development Scheme (Urban) worth Rs 500 crore, known as the ‘CM Grids Scheme.’
- This is regarding the increasing urbanization in the state and the need to reduce the burden of additional vehicles on roads and facilitate traffic flow.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI directs Bajaj Finance to stop sanction, disbursal of loans under two lending products
The Reserve Bank of India has directed Bajaj Finance Ltd to stop sanction and disbursal of loans under its two lending products ‘eCOM’ and ‘Insta EMI Card’, with immediate effect.
- The move was implemented in exercise of its powers under section 45L(1)(b) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- It stated that the action was necessitated due to non-adherence of the extant provisions of Digital lending guidelines of Reserve Bank of India by the company. It informed that these supervisory restrictions will be reviewed upon the rectification of the said deficiencies to the satisfaction of the Reserve Bank.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India’s overall exports in October 2023 estimated at USD 62.26 Billion
India’s overall merchandise and services export is estimated to be 62.26 billion US dollars in October exhibiting a growth of 9.43 per cent from the corresponding period of last year. Overall import is estimated to be 79.35 billion US dollar in October.
- According to the Commerce and Industry Ministry, the merchandise export was 33.57 billion US dollars while the services export was 28.70 billion US dollars. Merchandise exports for the period April to October 2023 were around 245 billion US dollars while the estimated value of services export for April to October 2023 were over 192 billion US dollars.
Nodirbek Yakubboev wins Qatar Masters 2023
Uzbek GM Nodirbek Yakubboev produced a memorable performance when he beat compatriot Nodirbek Abdusattorov in a play-off battle to lift the $120,000 Qatar Masters crown.
- Earlier Yakubboev beat Indian GM Murali Karthikeyan to end round nine with 7 points. Abdusattorov beat overnight leader Arjun Eirgaisi of India to go into a play-off battle with Yakubboev.
Virat Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record for most ODI centuries
India’s Virat Kohli broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record for most runs in an ODI World Cup during his side’s semifinal against New Zealand at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- Virat went past Sachin’s mark of 673 runs, achieved in the 2023 edition, with a single against Glenn Phillips.Earlier in the match, the 35-year-old Kohli became only the third Indian batter to score 600+ runs in a single World Cup.
- This was also Kohli’s eighth fifty+ knock of the ongoing World Cup, the most anyone has ever managed in a single edition of the tournament. He went past the record of seven fifty+ knocks, previously held jointly by Sachin (2003) and Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan (2019).
Rohit Sharma becomes first batsman to hit 50 sixes in World Cup, breaks Chris Gayle’s record
Rohit Sharma created a unique record at the semi-final game against New Zealand. Rohit Sharma became the first batsman in the World Cup to hit 50 or more sixes and breaking Chris Gayle’s record of hitting 49 sixes.
- Rohit Sharma has already 51 sixes in this tournament. Rohit Sharma has also got another record to his name for hitting the most number of sixes in a single edition of the World Cup.
- Rohit Sharma has already hit 28 sixes in the 2023 edition of World Cup. Rohit Sharma also completed his 2,000 runs as captain of India in 44 matches. Rohit Sharma scored 47 runs in 29 deliveries before being caught by Kane Williamson off the bowling of Tim Southee.
Shital Mahajan Makes History: First Woman to Skydive from 21,500 ft Near Mt Everest
Indian skydiver Shital Mahajan jumped off a helicopter from the height of 21,500 ft in front of the world’s highest peak, Mt Everest. She became the first woman to do so. Mahajan landed at Kalapatthar peak at an altitude 17,444ft.
- Mahajan is a well-known Indian skydiver who holds several skydiving records and is the recipient of the fourth highest civilian award, the Padma Shri in 2001.