Daily Current Affairs 15 October 2020 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Raj Police Launches Drive For Women’s Safety And Security
The Rajasthan police launched a campaign to spread awareness among woman about the crime against them and to educate them of their rights and ways to secure justice if they end up becoming its victims.
- Named ‘AAWAJ’ — Action Against Women-related crime and Awareness for Justice the campaign was launched by Civil Rights and Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the police and will run across the state to generate gender equality and curb crimes against women.
- In the first month of the campaign from October 13 to November 12, special efforts will be made to curb rape incidents, besides spreading awareness about the laws related to women safety.
Union Cabinet approves World Bank supported STARS project
The Union Cabinet has approved World Bank supported Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States -STARS project.
- The Project seeks to support States in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving interventions with direct linkages to improved education outcomes.
- The total project cost is Rs. 5,718 crore with the financial support of World Bank amounting to 500 million US dollar. STARS project would be implemented as a new Centrally Sponsored Scheme under Department of School Education and Literacy .
Exercise Suraksha Kavach- Joint Anti Terrorist Exercise By Army and Maharashtra Police
Agnibaaz Division organized an anti-terror exercise “Suraksha Kavach” for both Indian Army and Maharashtra Police at Lullanagar Pune recently .
- The aim of the exercise was to harmonize the drills and procedures of both Army and Police for activating anti-terrorist Quick Reaction Teams (QRTs) to counter any terrorist actions in Pune.
India gets re-elected as President of International Solar Alliance
India has been re-elected as the President of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) and France as the Co- President for a term of two years.
- Four new Vice-Presidents were also chosen to represent the four regions of ISA.
- The assembly also approved the initiatives of the ISA Secretariat in institutionalizing ISA’s engagement with the private and public corporate sector through the Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action.
India contributes 1 million dollars to UNRWA for Palestine Refugees
India has contributed one million dollars to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees in Near East.
- This aid will support the Agency’s programmes and services, including education, health care, relief and social services.
BharatPe elevates Dhruv Dhanraj Bahl to chief operating officer
Merchant payment network BharatPe has elevated Dhruv Bahl as its chief operating officer (COO) with immediate effect.
- In his new role, Bahl will be leading operations across customer support, deployments – QR, Swipe & Cards, KYC, loan disbursals and lead generation.
Kerala Film Awards: Kani Kusurti Bags Best Actress Award,Suraj Venjaramoodu Best Actor
Kani Kusurti bagged the award for the best actress, while Suraj Venjaramoodu adjudged the best actor at the 50th state film awards announced by Kerala Culture minister A K Balan.
- Kusruti had won the best actress award at the recently concluded 42nd Moscow International Film Festival for her performance in ‘Biriyani.’ Lijo Jose Pellissery, who directed ‘Jallikattu’ bagged the best director award, while the best movie award was given to ‘Vasanthi’, directed by Rahman Brothers. ‘Vasanthi’ also bagged the award for the best female actor in a character role.
- Fahad Fasil secured the best male actor award in a character role for a negative personality he played in the movie ‘Kumbalangi Nights’, while Swasika the best female actress in a character role for ‘Vasanthi’.
Former New Zealand all-rounder John R Reid passes away
New Zealand’s oldest surviving Test cricketer and former captain John Reid has died at the age of 92.
- Reid, regarded as one of the world’s best all-rounders during his heyday in the fifties and early sixties, captained New Zealand in 34 Tests including, most notably, the country’s first three victories.
- Reid played 246 first-class games and scored 16128 runs at 41.35, including 39 centuries, while taking 466 wickets at 22.60.
- He retired in 1965 and later became a New Zealand selector, manager, and an ICC match referee.
World Students’ Day
The birth anniversary of former President APJ Abdul Kalam on October 15 is observed as World Students’ Day.
- This year marks the 89th birth anniversary of the former president and ‘Missile Man’ Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- The theme for World Students’ Day 2020 is ‘learning for people, planet, prosperity and peace’.
International Day of Rural Women
The United Nations has dedicated October 15 as the International Day of Rural Women to recognise the services of women living in rural areas.
- The theme for International Day of Rural Women 2020 is “Building rural women’s resilience in the wake of COVID-19.”