Daily Current Affairs 16 June 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
India to be guest country at Guadalajara International Book Fair in Mexico
India has been designated as the Guest of Honour at the 33rd Feria Internacional del Libro de Guadalajara (Guadalajara International Book Fair), in Mexico, the National Book Trust announced
- The book fair, to be organised from November 30 – December 8, will be “the largest book fair in the Spanish speaking world”, the nodal agency.
Madhya pradesh govt signs MoU for developing ‘smart gaushalas’
The government in Madhya Pradesh is coming up with 300 “smart gaushalas” in the state and has signed a contract with a foreign company for the construction and development of these cow shelters.
Building gaushalas in every panchayat of Madhya Pradesh figured prominently in the Congress party manifesto for the state assembly elections that were held in November last year.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
ADB approves Rs 1,650 cr infra projects in Tripura
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved projects for infrastructure development worth Rs 1,650 crore ($235 million) in seven of the eight district headquarter towns in Tripura.
- The Urban Development Department of Tripura government had submitted the projects’ details to the ADB through the Central government on which the ADB gave its nod.
Exim Bank inks $245 mn loan agreement with Ghana, Mozambique to support agri, rail projs
Export Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) will provide line of credit worth USD 245 million to Ghana and Mozambique for agricultural and railway projects.
- Exim Bank supported line of credit of USD 150 million to Ghana and USD 95 million to Mazambique, the Reserve Bank of India said in two separate notifications.
- The USD 150 million for Ghana will be used for financing strengthening of agriculture mechanisation services centres, while line of credit for Mozambique will be used for financing procurement of railway rolling stock including locomotives, coaches and wagons, the RBI said.
Kohli becomes fastest batsman to score 11,000 runs
India skipper Virat Kohli rose to the challenge against Pakistan and added another feather to his cap by becoming the fastest player in the history of the game to cross the 11,000-run mark in ODIs.
- Kohli achieved the feat in 222 innings, going past Sachin Tendulkar who took 276 knocks to go past the 11,000-run mark. Ricky Ponting reached the milestone in 286 innings, while Sourav Ganguly took 288 innings to achieve the feat.
Zuzana Caputova sworn in as Slovakia’s first female President
Anti-corruption campaigner Zuzana Caputova has been sworn in as Slovakia’s first female President.
- The swearing-in took place before Constitutional Court chair Ivan Fiacan during a ceremonial parliamentary session held in Bratislava
Suman Rao crowned Miss India 2019
Suman Rao from Rajasthan has won the Femina Miss India World 2019 beauty pageant during a star-studded ceremony at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium.
Manipur youth inducted into FB ‘Hall of Fame’ for discovering WhatsApp bug
A 22-year-old youth from Imphal East, Manipur, Zonel Sougaijam was recognized by the social media giant — Facebook for discovering and reporting a WhatsApp bug.
- Zonel was rewarded 5000 USD which is roughly about Rs 3.4 lakh and was also inducted in the Facebook Hall of Fame page 2019 for his contribution.
- Zonel is a BTech graduate from Punjab Technical university.