Daily Current Affairs 17 December 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Haryana Govt starts Khel Nursery Scheme to promote sports in state
Haryana government has started Khel Nursery Scheme to promote sports in the state. Inder the scheme, sports nurseries will be started in government, private educational institutions and private sports institutions.
- For this, applications have been invited by the department till January 20, 2022. The minister said, with this scheme, sports talent will get an opportunity to emerge at the grassroots level.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh lays foundation stone of ‘SAINYA DHAM’
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has laid the foundation stone of SAINYA DHAM in Guniyal village of Dehradun to honour the defence personnel of Uttarakhand, who sacrificed their lives for the nation, ever since World War I.
- The project in Guniyalgaon is being built at a cost of Rs 63 crore and stretches across 50 bighas of land. It is set to be completed within the next two years.
- The entrance gate of the Dham will be named after the country’s first chief of defence staff, General Bipin Rawat.
India, Vietnam sign Letter of Intent to establish partnership in Digital Media
Vietnam signed a Letter of Intent to establish partnership in Digital Media. It was signed by Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Anurag Thakur and Vietnam’s Minister of Information and Communication Nguyen Manh Hung.
- The Letter of Intent envisages sharing of information and experience in establishing policies and regulatory frameworks on digital media and social networks.
- It also envisages conducting capacity building and training programs for media professionals and officials in the two countries.
Rajnath Singh unveils India Post special day cover & commemorative stamp marking golden jubilee of India’s victory during 1971 Indo-Pak War
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled an India Post special day cover and a commemorative stamp marking the golden jubilee of India’s victory during the 1971 Indo-Pak War, in New Delhi. The day is the culmination of year-long ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ celebrations, which began in December last year.
- The stamp commemorates the iconic event in the history of Indian Subcontinent. As its centrepiece, the Stamp carries the ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ logo, designed by Lieutenant Commander Kushal Chandrashekhar of the Indian Navy, which was selected during an All India Competition held in October and November last year.
- The stamp also commemorates the spirit of jointmanship displayed by the Indian Armed Forces as well as the Indo-Bangla Forces. India Post has been appropriately commemorating historically significant events right from its inception.
Govt gives approval for 10 plastic parks to consolidate, synergize capacities of domestic plastic processing industry
Government has given in-principle approval for 10 plastic parks in the country with an aim to consolidate and synergize the capacities of the domestic plastic processing industry.
- This was informed by the Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers Bhagwant Khuba in the Lok Sabha. He said so far 08 plastic parks have been approved and 02 are in the process of getting final approval.
- The minister informed under the plastic park scheme the Centre provides grant funding up to 50 percent of the project cost and the remaining cost is to be funded by the respective State governments, beneficiary industries and by a loan from financial institutions.
Centre approves to set up 100 Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs, Private Schools & state govts
Government has approved a scheme to set up 100 Sainik Schools in partnership with NGOs, Private Schools and the State governments.
- In a written reply in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt said that the aims and objectives of the Scheme is to provide an educational and training environment on the pattern of training provided in existing Sainik Schools.
- It aims to extend the benefits of a system that combines academic rigour with a degree of discipline and regimentation.
French Defence Minister Florence Parly arrives in India
French defence minister Florence Parly is arrived in India on a two-day visit that is aimed at further strengthening the already close bilateral strategic ties, people familiar with the developments said.
- Parly will hold wide-ranging talks with her Indian counterpart Rajnath Singh to enhance defence and security ties between the two countries besides delving into pressing regional issu. es
- The recent developments in Afghanistan and the situation in the Indo-Pacific region are likely to figure in the talks.
BANKING & FINANCE
World Bank unveils 93 billion support aid for poorest nation to recover from Covid-19 crisis
The World Bank’s fund to help the world’s poorest nations got a $93 billion injection of cash to help scale up aid for pandemic recovery and other programs, the institution announced.
- It was the biggest replenishment ever for the International Development Association (IDA), which provides grants for 74 countries, most of which are in Africa, the Washington-based development lender said.
- The package includes $23.5 billion of contributions from 48 high- and middle-income countries as well as financing raised in the capital markets and the World Bank’s own contributions.
India to Host Women’s U-18 and U-19 SAFF Championships Next Year
India will host South Asian Football Federation’s (SAFF) U-18 and U-19 Women’s Championships next year.
- The SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship will be held from March 3-14 while the SAFF U-19 Championship will take place from July 25 to August 3, the All India Football Federation said.
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka and hosts India will compete in the SAFF U-18 Women’s Championship. The five teams will face each other once in a round-robin format before the top two sides square off in the final.
Ravinder Bhakar assumes charge of NFDC, Films Division and CFSI
Ravinder Bhakar, CEO of Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has assumed charge of National Film Development Corporation (NFDC), Films Division, and Children Films Society of India (CFSI).
- Mr. Bhakar, a 1999-batch officer of Indian Railway Stores Service (IRSS), has been assigned these charges in addition to his present duties as CEO of the film certification body.
Army Chief Gen Naravane Takes Charge as Chairman of Chiefs of Staff Committee
Army Chief Gen MM Naravane has assumed the charge as the chairman of the Chiefs of Staff Committee that comprises the three service chiefs, people familiar with the development said. The post fell vacant following the death of Chief of Defence Staff Gen Bipin Rawat in the IAF helicopter crash on December 8.
- Gen Naravane has been given the charge as the chairman of the committee as he is the senior-most among the three service chiefs, the people cited above said.
- IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal V R Chaudhari and Navy Chief Admiral R Hari Kumar had taken over their respective positions on September 30 and November 30.
Arvind Kumar appointed as DG of Software Technology Parks of India
Arvind Kumar has joined as Director General of Software Technology of India (STPI).
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India. STPI is fuelling the culture of tech entrepreneurship and innovation in the country by launching 25+ Centres of Entrepreneurship in emerging technology domains.
- Before joining STPI, Kumar was working with Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) since 2004. As an advisor in TRAI, he was responsible for broadband, data security and privacy issues, manufacturing, DTH, IPTV, TV broadcasting and OTT, after having worked since 1997 in the Indian Government-run premier technology centre, C-DoT.
Simone Biles named Time’s 2021 Athlete of the Year
Simone Biles was named Time’s 2021 Athlete of the Year, the magazine announced.The world’s most decorated gymnast was hailed for putting her mental health first when she withdrew from four event finals at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Biles, a four-time Olympic medalist, later revealed that she suffered from what gymnasts called “the twisties – when you lose the sense of space and dimension in the air.
- Biles along with hundreds of athletes accused the FBI, USA Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee for failing to stop the abuse.
Bhutan announces its highest civilian award to PM Modi
On the occasion of Bhutan’s national day, Bhutan has decided to confer its highest civilian award Ngadag Pel gi Khorlo or The Order of The Druk Gyaplo to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It was announced by Prime Minister of Bhutan Dr Lotay Tshering.
- The charismatic persona of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has won him the admiration of people all across the globe. As a result, many countries have honoured him with their highest civilian awards. Likewise, many non-governmental organisations and foundations have also conferred prestigious awards on him.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Targeted Launch for Crewed Space Mission Gaganyaan in 2022, Says Govt
The launch of the crewed Indian space mission, Gaganyaan, is being planned before the next Independence day and this will be proceeded by two uncrewed missions, Lok Sabha was informed.
- Minister of State in the Department of Space Jitendra Singh said the launch of the first uncrewed mission was delayed due to the first and second waves of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdowns.
- These resulted in supply disruptions in raw material and delays in realisation of hardware across various industries, he said.
ISRO signed 6 agreements with 4 countries to launch foreign satellites during 2021-23: Jitendra Singh
Minister of State for Atomic Energy and Space Dr. Jitendra Singh has said that Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has signed six agreements with four countries for launching foreign satellites during 2021-2023.
- Dr Singh said that about 132 Million Euros will be earned through launching of these foreign satellites on a commercial basis.
- The Minister said, starting from 1999, a total of 342 foreign satellites belonging to 34 countries have been successfully launched on a commercial basis.
Typhoon Rai hits southern Philippines
Typhoon Rai, one of the strongest battering the Philippines this year, made landfall in Siargao Island in the southern Philippines, the Philippines` weather bureau said.
- Thousands of residents along its path were forced to be evacuated to safety after a typhoon struck the Philippines.
- The bureau said Rai was blowing north-westward at 30 km per hour with “destructive typhoon-force winds” and heavy rains over many regions in its path, Xinhua news agency reported.
Acharyadev Ashok Ranjan Chakroborty passes away
The Pradhan Acharyadeva of Satsang, Sree Sree Ashok Chakravarty, popularly known to innumerable devotees and admirers of Sree Sree Thakur Anukulchandra as Parama Pujyapada ‘Sree Sree Dada’, ended his earthly sojourn at Mission Hospital, Durgapur, where he had been under treatment for the last two months. He was 90.
- Satsang is a socio-cultural and religious organization founded by Sree Sree Thakur Anukulchandra. Parama Pujyapada Sree Sree Ashok Chakravarty, the grandson of Sree Sree Thakur Anukulchandra and great spiritual leader, spread the motive, quotes, and ideals of Thakur Anukul Chandra among people of the country and outside the country.
- He was managing all activities of Satsang Ashram in Deoghar after demise of his father Sree Sree Borda.
Manipur observes Nupee Lal Day 2021
Manipur observed Nupee Lal Day on December 12,2021 to remembering the brave womenfolk of the State, who fought against the monopolistic trade interest of British colonial rulers in 1939.
- The observation was held at different places of the State. However, the State level function was held at Nupee Lal Memorial Complex, Imphal with the presence of Chief Minister N. Biren Singh, state ministers, MLAs, high-ranking officials of the State Government and general public.
One Thought to “Daily Current Affairs 17th December, 2021”
whoah this weblog is excellent i love reading your articles. Stay up the great paintings! You know, lots of persons are searching around for this information, you can help them greatly.