Daily Current Affairs 17 September 2019 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
1.5 lakh health centres to be set up under Ayushman Bharat by 2022: Dr Harsh Vardhan
More than 45 lakh poor people have been treated under the Ayushman Bharat scheme in the past one year and Rs 70,5000 has been disbursed under the scheme, Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Harsh Vardhan said.
- He said that 21,000 health and wellness centres have already been created and the target is to establish 1,50,000 centres by December 31, 2022.
Great Ganga Run 2019 flagged off in New Delhi
Jal Shakti Minister and Sports Minister flagged off “Great Ganga Run-2019″ at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
- The marathon was organised to create awareness about River Ganga. The marathon was organised by Ministry of Jal Shakti. A large number of people from all age groups participated in the marathon.
HSIIDC signs MoU with SIDB for funding MSMEs
The Board of Directors of Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for funding support to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar flagged off Jaldoot vehicle in Pune
Union Minister for Environment and Forest and Information & Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar flagged off a Jaldoot vehicle a travelling exhibition in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The van carrying the ‘SAVE WATER’ message will travel to different parts of the state.
- To tackle the water crisis looming the country, the Government of India launched the ‘Jalshakti Abhiyan’, a water conservation campaign focusing on 1592 stressed blocks in 256 districts across the country.
White Water Rafting Expedition ‘Rudrashila’ Flagged off at Jaisalmer
The White water Rafting Expedition christened ‘RUDRASHILA’ being undertaken by Kalidhar Battalion under the aegis of Battle Axe Division was Flagged Off at Jaisalmer Military station.
- The expedition christened ‘Rudrashila’ has been organised to commemorate the 75th Raising day of the Kalidhar Battalion.
Wing Commander Anjali Singh joins Indian Mission in Russia as India’s first female military diplomat
Wing Commander Anjali Singh has joined the Indian Embassy in Russia as India’s first female military diplomat to be posted in any of the Indian missions abroad.
- She has served the Indian Air Force for 17 years and is trained on MiG-29 aircraft.
Indo-Thailand Joint Military Exercise MAITREE-2019 commences in Meghalaya
The India Army and Royal Thailand Army Joint Military Exercise MAITREE-2019 commenced at Umroi in Meghalaya. The exercise aims at the training of troops in Counter-Terrorism Operation in both jungle terrain and urban scenario.
First trilateral exercise between navies of India, Singapore, Thailand begins
A five-day-long maiden trilateral exercise ‘SITMEX’ involving Singapore’s Navy (RSN), Royal Thailand Navy (RTN) and Indian Navy (IN) commenced at Port Blair.
- The five-day-long exercise is aimed at bolstering the maritime inter-relationships amongst Singapore Thailand and India, and contribute significantly to enhancing the overall maritime security in the region.
Navy gets DRDO-designed wargaming software
A new generation wargaming software was handed over to the Indian Navy. The software aims at meeting the “contemporary operational and tactical-level wargaming requirement” for the Navy. The key focus has been to create a wargaming environment, which enables Maritime Warfare Centres (MWCs) to train using the latest technologies and computing tools.
- The software was designed and developed by the Institute for Systems Studies and Analysis (ISSA), a premier DRDO laboratory, in collaboration with Maritime Warfare Centre, Visakhapatnam.
Tokyo tops World’s safest cities list, Mumbai ranks 45, Delhi 52
Mumbai and Delhi ranked 37 and 41 respectively on the parameter of personal security, and 45 and 52 overall on a World’s safest cities list that ranked 60 countries worldwide across five continents.
- The list was topped by the Japanese capital Tokyo and included six cities of Asia-Pacific region in top 10.
St. Vincent and Grenadines becomes 79th country to join India-led ISA
Saint Vincent and Grenadines became the 79th country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA), an initiative by India aimed at combating the threats of climate change and global warming.
- The International Solar Alliance is a group of 121 solar resource-rich countries with headquarters in Gurugram, India. The organisation aims to deploy over 1,000 gigawatts of solar energy and mobilise more than USD 1,000 billion into solar power by 2030, according to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Jio continues to top 4G download speed chart: TRAI
Reliance Jio continues to lead in the average 4G download speed chart for August published by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- Jio achieved 21.3 mbps average download speed in the month of August, witnessing an improvement from 21 mbps in the previous month. It was the fastest 4G operator in 2018 with the highest average download speed in all 12 months. This year again, Jio has topped the list in all eight months so far.
Lakshya Sen wins Belgian International Badminton title
Indian Badminton star, Lakshya Sen from Almora, Uttarakhand has won the Belgian International badminton title in Leuven, Belgium. He defeated Victor Svendsen of Denmark in the summit clash with a score of 21-14, 21-15.
Kaushal Dharmamer wins Myanmar International Series
Indian shuttler Kaushal Dharmamer has won the Myanmar International Series with 18-21, 21-14, 21-11 in the finals. He has made a comeback after been troubled by injuries for almost two years.
Spain beat Argentina to win first Basketball World Cup title for 13 years
Spain beat Argentina 95-75 to win the Basketball World Cup in Beijing, their first title for 13 years. The Spaniards scored 14 of the first 16 points and never lost their lead to the 2004 Olympic champions.
Jigsaw Academy wins NASSCOM’s ‘Partner of Excellence’ accolade
Jigsaw Academy, a pioneer in Emerging Technologies and data science training, has been recognised as NASSCOM’s ‘Partner of Excellence’ for the year.
- The apex body for IT-BPM industry in India, also awarded the ‘Certificate of Course Alignment’ to the Academy for their ‘Foundation of Artificial Intelligence’ and ‘Foundation of Big Data Analytics’ curriculums.
International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer
September 16 was designated by the United Nations General Assembly as the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer. This designation had been made on December 19, 2000, in commemoration of the date, in 1987, on which nations signed the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
- The theme of International Ozone Day 2019 is “32 years and healing”