Daily Current Affairs 17 April 2018 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Taiwan to hold its first industry expo in India in May
Taiwan will host its first-ever promotional event – Taiwan Expo –in India in May as announced by Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA). The private sector body TAITRA has three existing offices in India — in Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai.
FIEO GlobalLinker- digital platform for MSME Exporters launched
The Minister of Commerce & Industry Shri Suresh Prabhu launchedthe FIEO GlobalLinker– a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitise their businesses and join a global community of growing businesses today in New Delhi.
- The Minister congratulated Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) for coming out with the interesting idea.
DARPAN-PLI App launched for total digitisation of postal operations
With a view to achieve total digitisation of postal operations in the country, under the IT Modernisation Plan, Department of Posts has launched DIGITAL ADVANCEMENT OF RURAL POST OFFICE FOR A NEW INDIA (DARPAN) Project, which aims to connect all 1.29 lakh Rural Branch Post Offices in the country, to enable them to do online Postal and Financial Transactions.
- The DARPAN-PLI App, launched by Hon’ble Minister of State (I/C) for Communications and Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha.
India – Wiesbaden Conference 2018 held in New Delhi
The Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, in cooperation with the Government of Germany and the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) hosted the India-Wiesbaden Conference 2018 on April 16-17, 2018, in The Federation House, Tansen Marg, New-Delhi. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was the industry partner for the event.
- The title of the Conference is ‘Securing Global Supply Chains through Government-Industry Partnerships towards Effective Implementation of UNSC Resolution 1540’.
Bisket Jatra being celebrated in Nepal
In Nepal the famous Bisket Jatra is being celebrated in Bhaktapur and other parts of Kathmandu valley. The nine day annual festival marks beginning of Nepali new year.
BANKING & FINANCE
Govt releases Rs.120.92Cr as co-contribution towards Atal Pension Yojana
The Centre on Tuesday announced the release of Rs. 120.92 crores towards its Atal Pension Yojana scheme.
- Government of India co-contribution is payable only when accounts are regular and the admissible Government of India co-contribution is paid into the Savings Bank account of the Subscribers
- The scheme provides for a co-contribution from the government for those who have registered before March 31, 2016, with an amount of 50 percent of the subscribers contribution up to a maximum of Rs. 1000. These subscribers will be eligible for co-contribution for a period five years from 2015-16 to 2019-20, and will include only those who are not income tax payers and not part of any other social security schemes.
Axis Bank’s Power Salute offers special banking services for Defence personnel
The Indian Army renewed its MOU with Axis Bank, to offer ‘Power Salute’, a salary account, exclusively designed for the Army personnel.
World Bank predicts 7.3 pct growth for India in 2018
The World Bank on Monday noted that the Indian economy has recovered from the effects of demonetisation and the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and predicted a growth rate of 7.3 percent for the country in 2018.
- Further, the apex international financial institution forecasted a rate of growth of 7.5 percent for 2019 and 2020.
India’s economy to grow at 7.4% in 2018: IMF
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) on Tuesday said that it expects India’s economy to grow at 7.4 per cent in 2018 from 6.7 per cent in 2017.
- According to the IMF’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) report, the country’s economic growth is expected to be 7.8 per cent in 2019.
Government launches Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2018 -19-Series-I
To be issued by Reserve Bank India on behalf of the Government of India.
Interest Rate: 2.5%
Tenor: The tenor of the Bond will be for a period of 8 years with exit option in 5th, 6th and 7th year, to be exercised on the interest payment dates.
Minimum Size: Minimum permissible investment will be 1 gram of gold.
Maximum Size: The maximum limit of subscribed shall be 4 KG for individual, 4 Kg for HUF and 20 Kg for trusts and similar entities per fiscal (April-March) notified by the Government from time to time.
Lt Gen PP Malhotra takes over as DG NCC
Lieutenant General PP Malhotra assumed charge as Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC), the largest uniformed youth organization in the world on 11 Apr 2018.
Veteran journalist T.V.R. Shenoy passes away
Veteran journalist T.V.R. Shenoy passed away at a private hospital here on Tuesday night, family sources said. He was 77.
17 April: World Haemophilia Day
Theme 2018: Sharing Knowledge Makes Us Stronger