Daily Current Affairs 18 July 2021 for Banking/Insurance/SSC and other related exams.
Arjun Munda virtually launches the nationwide campaign ‘COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam’
Arjun Munda, Minister of Tribal Affairs, virtually launched the nationwide campaign “COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam” to accelerate the pace of COVID vaccination among tribals, in India.
- The campaign will leverage the 45,000 Van Dhan Vikas Kendras (VDVK) of the Tribal Co-operative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED), a national level cooperative body under the administrative control of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India.
Union Ministers Dharmendra Pradhan, Munda Launch School Innovation Ambassador Training Program for Teacher
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda launched “School Innovation Ambassador Training Program” for 50,000 school teachers. The innovative and one-of-its-kind training program for school teachers aims at training 50,000 school teachers in innovation, entrepreneurship, IPR, design thinking, product development, idea generation, among others.
- The program launched is a collaborative effort by the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and the AICTE, which will in turn nurture lakhs of students with innovation capabilities, develop a culture of innovation and lay the foundation of a new and vibrant India.
Rajasthan Farmers To Get Rs 1,000 Monthly Grant Under Kisan Mitra Urja Yojna
Farmers in Rajasthan will get a monthly grant of Rs 1,000 under the ‘Kisan Mitra Urja Yojna’ which was launched by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in the state. Under this scheme, for which an additional expenditure of Rs 1,450 crore will be incurred annually, electricity for agricultural purposes will become almost free for the small and medium category farmers in the state.
Centre grants relief package of 800 crore rupees to Tamil Nadu for Covid-19 management
Tamil Nadu Health Minister M. Subramaniam said that the Union Government granted a relief package of 800 crore rupees for management of the second wave and prevention of the third wave in the state.
Covid vaccination campaign for pregnant women in Kerala, “Mathrukavacham” begins
The special Covid vaccination campaign for pregnant women, “Mathrukavacham” began in Kerala. Vaccination will be made available in all district hospitals as part of the model program. In the beginning, covid vaccine will be given to 100 pregnant women through spot registration.
- The special vaccination drive comes as a strong defense to protect pregnant women in the state against the pandemic.
India aims over Rs 100 Billion Blue Economy through Deep Ocean Mission: Jitendra Singh
India aims for an over Rs 100 billion Blue Economy through its Deep Ocean Mission and marine resources, Earth Sciences Minister Jitendra Singh said. Addressing scientists in the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), he reiterated the importance of exploring the ocean to give further fillip to the growth of country’s economy.
- The Deep Ocean Mission (DOM) could be a new avenue to supplement the country’s economy to the tune of an estimated Rs 110 billion, he said.
BANKING & FINANCE
Federal Bank launches AI-powered virtual assistant for customers
The Federal Bank launched FEDDY, an Artificial Intelligence-powered virtual assistant to help customers with banking-related queries anytime.
- FEDDY is also integrated into Google Business Messaging, a first-of-its-kind feat by an Indian bank. On Google search, FEDDY can be accessed by clicking the ‘message/chat’ option available against the searched bank branch. FEDDY can be reached on WhatsApp by typing ‘FEDDY’ and sending it to 8108030845.
- The bank has recently come out with innovative and user-friendly facilities such as FedSelfie, under which individuals can open their accounts by merely taking a selfie, and Federal 24×7, which makes possible the opening of accounts through a video call to the bank.
RBL Bank ties up with Visa after RBI curbs on Mastercard
RBL Bank has tied up with Visa Worldwide (Visa) to issue credit cards enabled on the Visa payment network. The bank had to tie up with Visa since Mastercard cannot onboard any new domestic customers (debit, credit or prepaid) on its card network from July 22.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
CIL engages Accenture Solutions as consultant for digitisation of mines
State-run CIL has engaged Accenture Solutions as consultant for digitalisation of mine process in seven of its select opencast blocks for accelerated performance enhancement.
- In a first of its kind venture, the consultant would lead and support the implementation of digitalisation and process excellence while assuring 100 million tonnes (MT) increased coal output from the identified mines.
Madhya Pradesh all-rounder Anshula Rao handed 4-year ban, becomes first woman cricketer to fail dope test
Madhya Pradesh all-rounder Anshula Rao created history, but for all the wrong reasons, as she became the first women cricketer to be handed a four-year ban after failing the dope test.
- She was handed the ban by the panel of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).